Whining noise in both seat speakers...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Whining noise in both seat speakers... in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2013 platinum Cadillac xts and was noticing a whining noise only when listening to talk shows on ...
    macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Whining noise in both seat speakers...

I have a 2013 platinum Cadillac xts and was noticing a whining noise only when listening to talk shows on xm radio (howard stern). The dealer replaced the mounting screws and also ordered new sets of speakers for both seats, however, the noise is still present. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? It is not noticeable when playing regular music. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s/confused.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CoffeeCan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Whining noise in both seat speakers...

Sir,
    Scroll on down till you get to " seat speakers blown?" just above " subwoofer rattling". Welcome to the XTS poor audio club...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by macklobell View Post
    I have a 2013 platinum Cadillac xts and was noticing a whining noise only when listening to talk shows on xm radio (howard stern). The dealer replaced the mounting screws and also ordered new sets of speakers for both seats, however, the noise is still present. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? It is not noticeable when playing regular music. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s/confused.gif
    Hello macklobell,

I apologize that you are experiencing a whining noise from your speakers when you are listening to talk shows. I do see that you have involved your dealership’s service department regarding this concern. Could you provide me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with in a private message so that I can reach out to them regarding this issue? Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Gregory W.

Out of curiosity if I have already provided the same information that you have requested from Macklobell to other GM experts like Katie and Laura in the past yet I still have poor audio quality is there really anything that GM intends to do about this issue? Or are we being mislead by your social media team. Its an honest question Sir, I would appreciate an honest answer in return. IMO.
    CoffeeCan...

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
    Gregory W.

Out of curiosity if I have already provided the same information that you have requested from Macklobell to other GM experts like Katie and Laura in the past yet I still have poor audio quality is there really anything that GM intends to do about this issue? Or are we being mislead by your social media team. Its an honest question Sir, I would appreciate an honest answer in return. IMO.
    CoffeeCan...
    Hello CoffeeCan,

I apologize that you are still experiencing poor audio quality in your XTS. You are not being misled, we look at the concerns we receive from our customers on a case by case basis. I would be more than happy to look into your case from when you provided your information to Katie or Laura and look into the outcome and see if anything further can be done if you would like. I will also document these concerns regarding the XTS speakers and pass them along to the correct group to make sure they are made aware of the situation. Thank you very much for reaching out to me regarding this issue.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Gregory,

Thank you for documenting my concerns and passing them on. I started this campaign in January along with some other forum participants in an attempt to resolve this issue. To date, two dealers, Cadillac Customer Service and GM Social Media have not provided a cure for the poor audio quality that we have experienced. We have been ignored and therefore forced to take the final step, Court. Now that's a shame. If we loose we will take the loss and move on. That would be a shame too. Thank you for this forum and the opportunity to at least search for solutions to our concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
    Gregory,

Thank you for documenting my concerns and passing them on. I started this campaign in January along with some other forum participants in an attempt to resolve this issue. To date, two dealers, Cadillac Customer Service and GM Social Media have not provided a cure for the poor audio quality that we have experienced. We have been ignored and therefore forced to take the final step, Court. Now that's a shame. If we loose we will take the loss and move on. That would be a shame too. Thank you for this forum and the opportunity to at least search for solutions to our concerns.
    Hello CoffeeCan,

I apologize that the issue regarding your speakers has not been resolved and that it has led to the level that it is at now. I have documented your concerns, along with the other thread regarding this issue and forwarded it to the correct group within our organization. I apologize that due to your legal representation I will not be able to assist you further in your case. I must direct you to your attorney and the agent that your attorney is working with in our department. I hope that a resolution is reached soon. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    Lol, I am a service advisor , i have had customers threaten me with "legal action" , thats always when my conversation with the customer and my eagerness to help the customer ends.

goblue123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Hello macklobell,

I apologize that you are experiencing a whining noise from your speakers when you are listening to talk shows. I do see that you have involved your dealership’s service department regarding this concern. Could you provide me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with in a private message so that I can reach out to them regarding this issue? Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Gregory W
    I too have the same issue with my 2013 plat xts. It has been attended to on two different occasions and NOT fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by goblue123 View Post
    Gregory W
    I too have the same issue with my 2013 plat xts. It has been attended to on two different occasions and NOT fixed.
    Hello goblue123,

We would like the opportunity to look into your situation. I am sorry you are experiencing an ongoing issue with your speakers. Please reach out to us via private message and include your contact information, VIN, and the name and location of the dealer you have worked with.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Travlcub is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I had the same with my premium... dealership is ordering replacements

Quote Originally Posted by Travlcub View Post
    I had the same with my premium... dealership is ordering replacements
    Hello Travlcub,

I am glad to hear that your dealership is ordering replacements for this concern. Please let us know how the repair goes when you have it done. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.