Xts suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Xts suspension in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Last September I leased a 2013 xts with the premium trim and 19 inch wheels. The first few thousand miles ...
    carguy69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Xts suspension

Last September I leased a 2013 xts with the premium trim and 19 inch wheels. The first few thousand miles was great. The car was very quiet and comfortable riding. Now my xts with only 10.000 gentle miles on her has a harsh and noisy ride. I have complained to my dealer and they replaced the rear struts but the ride is still harsh and lots of tire noise. I told them its most likely the Cheap good years they have on this car because once try broke in they became harsh and noisy riding

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Xts suspension

Quote Originally Posted by carguy69 View Post
    Last September I leased a 2013 xts with the premium trim and 19 inch wheels. The first few thousand miles was great. The car was very quiet and comfortable riding. Now my xts with only 10.000 gentle miles on her has a harsh and noisy ride. I have complained to my dealer and they replaced the rear struts but the ride is still harsh and lots of tire noise. I told them its most likely the Cheap good years they have on this car because once try broke in they became harsh and noisy riding
    Hello carguy69,

I apologize that the ride you are experiencing in your XTS is rough. Could you private message me some information so I can look into this concern for you? I would need your name, contact info, VIN, and dealership you have been working with. If you are not able to private message me, you can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com. When you send your email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    NVicari likes this.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Hate to say it but it is the tires that Cadillac chose to put on the vehicles. You think the tires are noisy on the 19" rims, you are lucky that you did not get the 20's. I had to have my tires replaced with Michelin Pilot's. They have a superb ride.

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy69
    Just had my 2013 XTS Premium with 8400 miles at the dealer with the same problem. Both rear struts are leaking and will be replaced. Also at 5500 miles both rear brakes were replaced because of noise when backing up.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    Hate to say it but it is the tires that Cadillac chose to put on the vehicles. You think the tires are noisy on the 19" rims, you are lucky that you did not get the 20's. I had to have my tires replaced with Michelin Pilot's. They have a superb ride.
    I have the OEM Bridgestone Potenza's on my Platinum (20") and they are not noisy at all and handle superbly.

Hello pkadanec,

I apologize that you had to replace your tires on your 20” rims. I will be sure to document this and pass along the feedback regarding the tires. I am happy to hear that you are now experiencing a superb ride now!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Johnfran,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced the same issue with your XTS. I’m glad that the dealership was able to find and address the concern. Please keep us updated after you receive the vehicle back to make sure you are satisfied with the repair. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

As to tire noise, don't forget the road surface. In my last two days drive from the Toronto area to my one-night stay in North Platte, NB. I went over many different type of road surface. Some, mainly asphalt type, with no noise to speak of to some, while nice looking, created a very high pitch noise really hurting my ears, that I was considering leaving I-80 for some other roads. Stopping at one of the many IOWA rest places (most with free Wi-F) i one could hear the terrible high pitch noise from all the cars passing. Luckily after that stop some 5 more miles the surface changed again. But it was 30 miles of hell. Hope that type of surface will no longer be created in future. LOL.,

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    As to tire noise, don't forget the road surface. In my last two days drive from the Toronto area to my one-night stay in North Platte, NB. I went over many different type of road surface. Some, mainly asphalt type, with no noise to speak of to some, while nice looking, created a very high pitch noise really hurting my ears, that I was considering leaving I-80 for some other roads. Stopping at one of the many IOWA rest places (most with free Wi-F) i one could hear the terrible high pitch noise from all the cars passing. Luckily after that stop some 5 more miles the surface changed again. But it was 30 miles of hell. Hope that type of surface will no longer be created in future. LOL.,
    Which tires are on your XTS?

The standard Bridgestone which come on the Platinum with the 20 inch rims. Wow, looks I was drunk when posting the above. Too many typos. And all I had was a milkshake at a Burger King which offered free WiFi. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    The standard Bridgestone which come on the Platinum with the 20 inch rims. Wow, looks I was drunk when posting the above. Too many typos. And all I had was a milkshake at a Burger King which offered free WiFi. LOL.
    What pressure do you typically run them at?

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    What pressure do you typically run them at?
    Typically 35 psi and given the temp difference in our area between summer and winter have to re-set them from time to time as the air temp can quite easily make a difference of 4 psi while tires cold. I made sure that they were at 35 PSI (cold - i.e. after parking car all night in my garage) in the morning (air temp around 23 C) before leaving home per the instruction on the door. Off course they were sometimes up to 39 while driving and when arriving in Las Vegas after driving all day for 545.7 miles even up to 40/41 PSI in the 109 F heat upon my arrival. Have not checked them after parking the car in the hotel garage over night, but will do so. Given the heat difference between Oakville and Las Vegas I expect them to be above 35 psi and will need to make adjustments while in this area. Hope you have fun in California and see you next Monday.

joesboat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnfran

Just had my 2013 XTS Premium with 8400 miles at the dealer with the same problem. Both rear struts are leaking and will be replaced. Also at 5500 miles both rear brakes were replaced because of noise when backing up.
    Could I visibly see a leak just so I can regularly check or is it enclosed in tons of plastic shrouding? I'm going to run outside now and check anyhow. Whatever. Haha

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnfran

Rear struts were replaced on 8/26/13. Hope this improves the ride and noise problem. Going on a trip so let you know when I return.

nstar is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Are they saying struts are causing the road noise on different road surfaces??

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfran View Post
    Rear struts were replaced on 8/26/13. Hope this improves the ride and noise problem. Going on a trip so let you know when I return.
    Hi Johnfran,

I see your rear struts on your XTS were replaced and that you are going on a trip. Have a safe and fun trip and please keep us posted after you have driven your vehicle and were able to test out the replacement.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.