Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Xts suspension

44K views 73 replies 33 participants last post by  ccclarke 
#1 ·
Last September I leased a 2013 xts with the premium trim and 19 inch wheels. The first few thousand miles was great. The car was very quiet and comfortable riding. Now my xts with only 10.000 gentle miles on her has a harsh and noisy ride. I have complained to my dealer and they replaced the rear struts but the ride is still harsh and lots of tire noise. I told them its most likely the Cheap good years they have on this car because once try broke in they became harsh and noisy riding

#2 ·
Hello carguy69,

I apologize that the ride you are experiencing in your XTS is rough. Could you private message me some information so I can look into this concern for you? I would need your name, contact info, VIN, and dealership you have been working with. If you are not able to private message me, you can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com. When you send your email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#6 ·
Hello pkadanec,

I apologize that you had to replace your tires on your 20” rims. I will be sure to document this and pass along the feedback regarding the tires. I am happy to hear that you are now experiencing a superb ride now!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Johnfran,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced the same issue with your XTS. I’m glad that the dealership was able to find and address the concern. Please keep us updated after you receive the vehicle back to make sure you are satisfied with the repair. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#7 ·
As to tire noise, don't forget the road surface. In my last two days drive from the Toronto area to my one-night stay in North Platte, NB. I went over many different type of road surface. Some, mainly asphalt type, with no noise to speak of to some, while nice looking, created a very high pitch noise really hurting my ears, that I was considering leaving I-80 for some other roads. Stopping at one of the many IOWA rest places (most with free Wi-F) i one could hear the terrible high pitch noise from all the cars passing. Luckily after that stop some 5 more miles the surface changed again. But it was 30 miles of hell. Hope that type of surface will no longer be created in future. LOL.,

#12 ·
Johnfran said:
Just had my 2013 XTS Premium with 8400 miles at the dealer with the same problem. Both rear struts are leaking and will be replaced. Also at 5500 miles both rear brakes were replaced because of noise when backing up.
Could I visibly see a leak just so I can regularly check or is it enclosed in tons of plastic shrouding? I'm going to run outside now and check anyhow. Whatever. Haha

#13 ·
Johnfran said:
Just had my 2013 XTS Premium with 8400 miles at the dealer with the same problem. Both rear struts are leaking and will be replaced. Also at 5500 miles both rear brakes were replaced because of noise when backing up.
Rear struts were replaced on 8/26/13. Hope this improves the ride and noise problem. Going on a trip so let you know when I return.

#16 ·
I have a 2103 XTS Platinum with 6800 miles on it. The suspension is very responsive, but extremely harsh when compared to my previous DTS. Road noise is very high by comparrison, and you not only hear road joints, but feel them. Potholes are very jaring. My car is in for recall service so I was provided a loner XTS, probably the base model. To my surprise, the ride is much more comfortable and quiet. Why, or what is making the difference and can the Platinum ride be computer adjusted to be less jaring?

Michael

----------

I took my 2013 XTS Platinum in for the brake recall and was given a loner XTS, probably a base model. My XTS, although handling very well has a very harsh ride and things like road seams are noisy and you feel them. The loner seems to have a much softer ride and is actually much more quiet on the road. What is making such a huge difference in the ride, and can my XTS be adjusted to the more civilized ride?

#18 ·
I found the stock 19" tires to be loud when driving on most of the roads I regularly drive on. Depending on the type of road the noise volume changes but is never really as quiet as I think the car should be. When I change the tires I plan on going to a different tire. But I need a tire good in the winter so my options might be limited.

#23 ·
I don't really know. In Cadillac's defense though, I went to the dealer yesterday and they re-balanced all four wheels and there was noticeable improvement in the ride. They showed me that the weights were off on two of the wheels by a bit. It has made a difference so far. I guess I will have to give the car another chance.

#28 ·
I just bought the 2013 Premium with under 3000miles, and the Goodyear Eagles. After 100 miles, they are too noisy for me. Tire rack suggests Pirelli P7 which I would buy through the Cadillac dealer, but he won't give me anything on the Eagles! At least the dealer admits they are worthless!
But I wish I could get a discount for trade in!
Laura or Gregory, are you listening?

#29 ·
I'd also like to swap out my OEM Goodyears for either the Pirelli's or the Michelin Primacy's but my dealer just today also told me that I'm on my own with the Goodyears which have 16,000 miles on them now. I hate to just have to toss them and take the loss but yes they are a crappy tire and I'm not happy about it.

#33 ·
Quote Originally Posted by bigcaddyfan

'Hi Austin,
Yes I did get a message from McCaddons, it went something like this,
"We are a really great dealership, and can sell you a set of new tires for $10 above invoice, plus $40 each for mounting and balancing. If there is anything else we can help you with, give us a call"'
Almost word for word what I was told when I bought the car 2 weeks ago! No improvement, and no comment on my "old" ( 3,000mile ) tires.
So, I appreciate your effort but it seems Cadillac is determined to alienate its customers, especially those of us foolish enough to be return customers (a.k.a. slow learners).
Regards,
Bigcaddyfan '

Then back from Austin,

'Hi Bigcaddyfan,
I deeply apologize that the dealership was not able to provide the resolution you had hoped. If you require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.'

So basically it seems "If there is anything else we can help you with, give us a call." and "If you require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me." is all one can hope for, and maybe the Customer Service responses we get here are just PR to give the impression that they care? Has anyone had better success with anything here, especially with regards to these tires?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.