Xts suspension - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Xts suspension in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Austin - I'll also be PM'ing you with the information you requested. Thanks....
    sonny3621 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium FWD Silver Coast Metallic

Re: Xts suspension

Austin - I'll also be PM'ing you with the information you requested. Thanks.

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

Hi Austin,
    I have just PM'ed you with details - hope you can help.
    Regards,
    bigcaddyfan

Quote Originally Posted by bigcaddyfan

'Hi Austin,
    Yes I did get a message from McCaddons, it went something like this,
    "We are a really great dealership, and can sell you a set of new tires for $10 above invoice, plus $40 each for mounting and balancing. If there is anything else we can help you with, give us a call"'
    Almost word for word what I was told when I bought the car 2 weeks ago! No improvement, and no comment on my "old" ( 3,000mile ) tires.
    So, I appreciate your effort but it seems Cadillac is determined to alienate its customers, especially those of us foolish enough to be return customers (a.k.a. slow learners).
    Regards,
    Bigcaddyfan '

Then back from Austin,

'Hi Bigcaddyfan,
    I deeply apologize that the dealership was not able to provide the resolution you had hoped. If you require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.'

So basically it seems "If there is anything else we can help you with, give us a call." and "If you require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me." is all one can hope for, and maybe the Customer Service responses we get here are just PR to give the impression that they care? Has anyone had better success with anything here, especially with regards to these tires?

I'm still waiting to hear from someone at my dealership but I fear I'll get the same type of response unfortunately.

Now my dealership has also just said that I'm on my own with tires and any new ones would be a total out of pocket expense for me and they're not interested in my Goodyears. Well there goes time from my life I'll never get back that I spent looking into this issue with "Customer Service". But that's ok - I'll buy my own tires and just file this in the back of my mind for when it comes time for my next car purchase.
    r34220 likes this.

Ok so here's how the whole thing played out - The "Customer Service Representative" here on the forum, "Austin J", said he reached out to the "Customer Experience Representative" at my dealership, of which I didn't even know they had one, and which as it turns out they don't really, as now I'm convinced they only exist in theory. But anyway "Austin J" said that the guy would be calling me to "discuss my tires". Oh ok good. Maybe some progress will be made. I never received any such call. So I then PM'd "Austin J" about it and "Laura M" responded and said that she again spoke with the dealership "Customer Experience Representative" who evidentally told her to tell me that if I wanted new tires I would have to pay for them out of my own pocket. End of "discussion" on the tires. So the dealership "Customer Experience Representative" never even wanted to personally call me, as per the original game plan, to tell me that. Instead he had the forum "Customer Service Representative" deliver me the good news. That's hilarious. "Austin J" or "Laura M" if I said anything that was inaccurate feel free to correct me here on the public forum. I can only wonder if the "Customer Service" experience anywhere else is any different.

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    They are phasing out the primacys for the premeirs. Also...i dont think cadillac or the dealership is responsible for upgrading a customers tires on a vehicle that they purchased after a test drive (and looking at was on the car) willingly for tires that are almost twice the price as what is on the car. I think the deal that they offered you is pretty fair. Dealerships can not use used tires even if they have 3000 miles on them anyway. The bridgestone potenzas on my car suck, but i dont feel entitled to a new set of michelins or pirellis at no cost to me .

And I agree that the dealer is not responsible for upgrading tires nor (and I can only speak for myself as I think your post was intened for bigcaddyfan) do I feel entitled to 4 free new tires. I would, however, have liked to at least discussed my tire concerns with the alleged "Customer Experience Representative" and perhaps come to some sort of agreement and compromise on the purchase of 4 tires of my choice. Instead I got no promised response from them at all. Only a passed on message from the "Customer Service Representative" here. And quite frankly IMO that stinks. With all the negative press that GM has gotten you would think the dealer would go the extra step to preserve it's customers but the fact is the dealers don't care about all the recalls simply because it's more money for them doing the recall work and more money for the parts suppliers. They love recalls. It's all about dollars and cents. The dealer doesn't give a rat's butt if I like the cheap Goodyears or not and they showed it by not even contacting me to talk about it. But like I said prior - that's fine cos I have a long memory.

I agree with your every word, sonny3621.
    I never asked for a free set of tires, only a little help with the replacements. They would not cut me a deal - that is, their first and last offer was just their full new tire cost, plus $10. Plus mounting and balancing. No good-will gesture of any sort given. No good will received! At present there are 3 sets of "as new" 245/45R19 Eagles for sale on local Craigslist alone, so I guess my chances of getting anyone to take mine are pretty slim. I mentioned the harsh ride during my test drive, I'm thinking I should have made the sale contingent upon help with replacing the 2700 mile clunkers. Rather than hear later "if you want it to ride like Cadillac, it will cost you extra"! Won't help me negotiate next time - because there won't be a next time!
    Makes you think that "Laura M" and "Austin J" and the rest of the "Customer Experience Representatives" are computer generated reflexes designed to just get any complaints moved to PM's and away from public forums.

We're on the same page with this. What have you decided to replace them with?

Quote Originally Posted by sonny3621 View Post
    We're on the same page with this. What have you decided to replace them with?
    I'm going with the Pirelli P7 All weather plus. About $202 best price so far.
    sonny3621 likes this.

They've gotten great reviews at Tire Rack and are $212 there. Who has them for cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by sonny3621 View Post
    They've gotten great reviews at Tire Rack and are $212 there. Who has them for cheaper?
    They are $202 on TreadDepot.com.
    However, I think by the time you add in mount and balance and road hazard, its hardly worth it. (My dealership will sell at $10 over cost plus $40 mt and bal.). Tire Rack is reliable, but I might even wait to see if there is a good coupon in a month or so, and get them through a local Big-O or equivalent. I just hate to have to give away the Eagles, but the P7 All-Season Plus seem to be the way to go!
    sonny3621 likes this.

Tread Depot has a $60 off mail in rebate now going on for 4 Pirelli's bringing the cost down to $187 each plus you get entered into a sweepstakes for a free trip to Venice. Tire Rack has the same coupon too.

Hi anyone,
    I advertised my Eagles on craigslist and got this reply,
    "Thanks for the response, just to let you know that am okay with the
    condition and price of the item . I am ready to make instant purchase.
    My mode of payment would be in Certified Bank Check via USPS or FedEx
    1/2days delivery.
    I'll arrange for a local pick up as soon as you get the check
    cashed and have your money in hand , I would have really love to come
    for the viewing but due to my work frame that might not be possible
    and I promise everything will go smoothly. Kindly provide me the
    following information to facilitate the mailing of the check to you
    as soon as possible.
    Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Postal Code:
    Cell Phone Number:
    Agreed price to sell :
    And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you
    and i will let you know when its mailed out. Thanks and I hope we
    handle this in good faith while waiting to hear from you. I will add
    an additional $30 so that you can hold it for me till the check reach
    you.
    Thanks"
    Does this smell like a scam to you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.