Xts suspension - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Xts suspension in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2103 XTS Platinum with 6800 miles on it. The suspension is very responsive, but extremely harsh when ...
    Sabelle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Xts suspension

I have a 2103 XTS Platinum with 6800 miles on it. The suspension is very responsive, but extremely harsh when compared to my previous DTS. Road noise is very high by comparrison, and you not only hear road joints, but feel them. Potholes are very jaring. My car is in for recall service so I was provided a loner XTS, probably the base model. To my surprise, the ride is much more comfortable and quiet. Why, or what is making the difference and can the Platinum ride be computer adjusted to be less jaring?

Michael

----------

I took my 2013 XTS Platinum in for the brake recall and was given a loner XTS, probably a base model. My XTS, although handling very well has a very harsh ride and things like road seams are noisy and you feel them. The loner seems to have a much softer ride and is actually much more quiet on the road. What is making such a huge difference in the ride, and can my XTS be adjusted to the more civilized ride?

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

It could be the size of the tires. You probably have 20" on your platinum. The base more likely has the 19". I think 19" tires are a better choice for drivers who want a more traditional Cadillac ride. Although even with the 19"
    your not going to have a smooth ride like the DTS or an older de Ville.
    r34220 likes this.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

I found the stock 19" tires to be loud when driving on most of the roads I regularly drive on. Depending on the type of road the noise volume changes but is never really as quiet as I think the car should be. When I change the tires I plan on going to a different tire. But I need a tire good in the winter so my options might be limited.

I would stick with 19"'s but choosing a different tire should make a difference. The thing is finding someone who really knows tires.

Lizbill is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyserious View Post
    I would stick with 19"'s but choosing a different tire should make a difference. The thing is finding someone who really knows tires.
    Try Tire Rack. They test all tires on all kinds of vehicles and Customer Service is good. Give them a call.

Vette 2K1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): xts

I agree with Sabelle. The ride on the base XTS loaners that I get is better than the ride on my Platinum. I really like the looks of my car but after six months of a barely tolerable ride I doubt I will ever buy another Cadillac.
    r34220 likes this.

What do you think you would look at Vette?

I don't really know. In Cadillac's defense though, I went to the dealer yesterday and they re-balanced all four wheels and there was noticeable improvement in the ride. They showed me that the weights were off on two of the wheels by a bit. It has made a difference so far. I guess I will have to give the car another chance.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Wheel balance has absolutely no effect on ride quality. If the wheels weren't balanced correctly, the steering wheel, and/or whole car would have been shaking.

Moist:
    I don"t want to argue with you, but those sure sound like ride quality issues to me.

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

Tire Rack suggests Pirelli P7 All Season for best ride quality.
    Has anyone tried these? And does anyone near Denver want a set of Goodyear Eagle RSA-2 (245/45/R19) with less than 3000 miles on them?

Ardent is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS Premium

Does anyone have any pictures of what or how the rear struts are leaking?

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

I just bought the 2013 Premium with under 3000miles, and the Goodyear Eagles. After 100 miles, they are too noisy for me. Tire rack suggests Pirelli P7 which I would buy through the Cadillac dealer, but he won't give me anything on the Eagles! At least the dealer admits they are worthless!
    But I wish I could get a discount for trade in!
    Laura or Gregory, are you listening?

sonny3621 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic

I'd also like to swap out my OEM Goodyears for either the Pirelli's or the Michelin Primacy's but my dealer just today also told me that I'm on my own with the Goodyears which have 16,000 miles on them now. I hate to just have to toss them and take the loss but yes they are a crappy tire and I'm not happy about it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcaddyfan View Post
    I just bought the 2013 Premium with under 3000miles, and the Goodyear Eagles. After 100 miles, they are too noisy for me. Tire rack suggests Pirelli P7 which I would buy through the Cadillac dealer, but he won't give me anything on the Eagles! At least the dealer admits they are worthless!
    But I wish I could get a discount for trade in!
    Laura or Gregory, are you listening?
    Hi bigcaddyfan,

Although I cannot promise anything, I would be happy to contact the dealership on your behalf to discuss your request. If you could please PM me with any additional details as well as your VIN, dealership, and contact information, I would be able to get started.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.