2013 XTS Platinum - how to display the average MPG?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 XTS Platinum - how to display the average MPG? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I asked the service writer at the dealership to help me set up my instrument cluster to display the average ...
    Linda in JAX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS 2013 Platinum Black Diamond

2013 XTS Platinum - how to display the average MPG?

I asked the service writer at the dealership to help me set up my instrument cluster to display the average miles per gallon. We could find "Instantaneous" MPG. but not Avg MPG.

After looking in the manual, it seems that on a Platinum model this feature is not available. It is a feature in the "Basic" display (per the manual) and the Platinum has Simple, Enhanced and Performance displays, but not Basic.

So - no average MPG for me? Can anyone confirm that or tell me how to display the Avg MPG?

PS: If this was in another thread, I apologize. I searched but could not find anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: 2013 XTS Platinum - how to display the average MPG?

i know that you can display this data when you reset and use the trip odometer. I used it on my last cross country trip. It is calculated based on the trip and reset when you reset the trip odometer duration.

Hope that helps.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

You can actually programme it in the performance display that it shows both a) one of the two available trip odometer together with it's average mpg (*) and b) the instantaneous mpg. That the way I have it shown on my XTS Platinum. They show at two different spots (top middle and bottom middle) and you can choose where to put which, i.e. if you first select one or the other trip odometer together with it's average MPG and then activate it, that display goes to the top position. Then you can flip through all the other available car related display item, in my case I used the instantaneous MPG and just stop flipping the display and that's it. If you like the reverse set-up just select the instantaneous MPG one first and then the other. In the Enhanced display you can only show one or the other. Have never even tried the Simple or Basic displays.
    (*) As to the two trip odometers, I reset one at the beginning of a longer trip and the other at each fill-up of the gas-tank which info I record on a spread-sheet.
    BTW, if you have an iPad (those in the US should all have one) and have downloaded the OnStar Remote Link App. (not sure if Cadillac installed that automatically for the US customers) you can use the OnStar remote link to retrieve car info. It will show you also the LIFETIME AVE MPG together with total mileage. Prior to the latest software update for the OnStar remote link, it also provided the same for Trip A, but now the MPG for trip A is missing, only the mileage is provided. I informed OnStar about that and that said it was a programming error when doing the update. Not sure if they are planning another update to that. But anyway, based on my experience the car seems to keep AVE mileage information for not only for both trip odometers but also for the total car mileage. Although the latter is not a user selectable information as far as I know, but OnStar is obviously able to retrieve that. That service writer at your dealership may need to play a little more with CUE. LOL. But yes, there is no single "AVE MPG" as per some older Caddies but having both the Trip ODO info and the AVE MPG is, in my opinion, a valuable improvement.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda in JAX View Post
    I asked the service writer at the dealership to help me set up my instrument cluster to display the average miles per gallon. We could find "Instantaneous" MPG. but not Avg MPG.

After looking in the manual, it seems that on a Platinum model this feature is not available. It is a feature in the "Basic" display (per the manual) and the Platinum has Simple, Enhanced and Performance displays, but not Basic.

So - no average MPG for me? Can anyone confirm that or tell me how to display the Avg MPG?

PS: If this was in another thread, I apologize. I searched but could not find anything.
    Hello Linda in JAX,

I see a couple of forum members were able to help answer this concern for you. Have you tested what advice they provided for you yet? I want to make sure you are able to get your average mpg feature that you want. I can be contacted via private message and we can discuss any concerns or questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Linda in JAX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS 2013 Platinum Black Diamond

Thank you. I have been kind of preoccupied and did not get to visit the forum site for a few days. Thank you pkadanec and CDN XTS. I did not infer from the manual that the AVG MPG would reside inside the Trip feature. I will give it a try.

BTW, if you have an iPad (those in the US should all have one) and have downloaded the OnStar Remote Link App. (not sure if Cadillac installed that automatically for the US customers) you can use the OnStar remote link to retrieve car info.
    By iPad, do you mean the CUE system? Or do you mean just any generic android device? If you mean CUE, then that screen has much more behind it than it appears to have.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Well you don't state where you live, If in Canada, you DO NOT receive a free APPLE I-Pad. If in the US you get a free I-PAD with you XTS. LOL Hope you love your car. My trip over the last two days from Toronto to North Platte, NB was just a pleasure driving it. And to-day 28.4 MPG doing mostly 80 MPH!!! Well tomorrow I will see how it handles the mountains of Colorado. Had a problem though with an On-Star call to my wife. Correct number showed up on the CUE screen and was repeated verbally but after confirming it to be correct I ended up with some other info on the screen and request for a credit card and some other option, I forgot. Didn't appear to be from On-Star. Relaying this to On-Star they connected me to my wife and told me to phone them back. A technician then spent 20 minutes with it but couldn't find anything wrong

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.