Problems with Adaptive Cruise Control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Problems with Adaptive Cruise Control in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, I recently purchased a 2013 SRX and I am having an issue with the Adapt. CC. When activated, it ...
    2eyedocs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Problems with Adaptive Cruise Control

Hello,
    I recently purchased a 2013 SRX and I am having an issue with the Adapt. CC. When activated, it will take you down to 0 mph as it should. Very nice, by the way! When traffic starts moving, either pressing the resume button or the accelerator to resume will cause the CC to disconnect giving you the seat vibration and the message stating that it is no longer connected. Another issue (maybe related to this one) is that when the CC is activated following a slowing car, often times it will disconnect for no reason (which can be a bit difficult at times!) with the same message and vibration. Lastly, driving along an interstate with no traffic, the same will happen out of the blue. Is there a sensitivity setting for the ACC causing it to disconnect more frequently than it should? I am going to bring it in for service, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience this.
    Thanks in advance!
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Problems with Adaptive Cruise Control

Quote Originally Posted by 2eyedocs View Post
    Hello,
    I recently purchased a 2013 SRX and I am having an issue with the Adapt. CC. When activated, it will take you down to 0 mph as it should. Very nice, by the way! When traffic starts moving, either pressing the resume button or the accelerator to resume will cause the CC to disconnect giving you the seat vibration and the message stating that it is no longer connected. Another issue (maybe related to this one) is that when the CC is activated following a slowing car, often times it will disconnect for no reason (which can be a bit difficult at times!) with the same message and vibration. Lastly, driving along an interstate with no traffic, the same will happen out of the blue. Is there a sensitivity setting for the ACC causing it to disconnect more frequently than it should? I am going to bring it in for service, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience this.
    Thanks in advance!
    Mark
    Hi Mark, you may have hit and posted on the XTS forum instead of the SRX forum.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Problems with Adaptive Cruise Control

Quote Originally Posted by 2eyedocs View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks in advance!
    Mark
    Hello 2eyedocs,

I looked in your owner’s manual and I did find this in chapter 9, page 38:

“If a vehicle is detected in your path, ACC can apply acceleration or limited, moderate braking to maintain the selected following gap. To disengage ACC, apply the brake. If ACC is controlling your vehicle speed when the traction control system (TCS) activates, the ACC will automatically disengage. See Traction Control System (TCS) on page 9-31.”

The Traction control system (TCS) states in chapter 9, page 31:

“The vehicle has a Traction Control System (TCS) that limits wheel spin. On a front-wheel-drive vehicle, the system operates if it senses that one or both of the front wheels are spinning or beginning to lose traction. On an All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) vehicle, the system will operate if it senses that any of the wheels are spinning or beginning to lose traction. When this happens, the system brakes the spinning wheel(s) and/or reduces engine power to limit wheel spin. The system may be heard or felt while it is working, but this is normal.”

Your concern might be because the traction control system is turning off your cruise control. I do see that you are taking your vehicle in for service regarding the concern. Could you please keep us updated on the status of this? If you would like our assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free to private message us. If you are not able to private message us, you can email us at socialmedia@gm.com as well. I would need your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with. When you send your email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.