Climate Temp changes are dramatic
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Climate Temp changes are dramatic in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a firebird Blue XTS I love it but I was on a trip coming home from out of ...
    Bejaip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Climate Temp changes are dramatic

I have a firebird Blue XTS I love it but I was on a trip coming home from out of town and I noticed that even thought the temperature on the passenger said was one degree warmer it was blowing probably 10 degrees or more hotter air. I can have my temperature set to 61 and the passenger set to 63 and it feels like it is blowing hot air from a cold winter morning. This is pretty bad when it is already hot outside. Is anybody else having is problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Re: Climate Temp changes are dramatic

Had a similar issue returning home from an extended weekend at a hotel. Seems the hotel valet attendant turned off the AC. The entire trip home the AC would kind of work and then not when I hit Auto. I was trying to control it from the haptic touch buttons under the display. No good, they control the fan. I finally went to the climate screen in CUE and sure enough the AC was off. Touched the AC button on the screen and all was well again. Perhaps this is what's happening with your AC. Good luck.

I thought it was that but the ac or cold air would come on super cold so i adjust the temperature and by one degree or more and super hot air would come out the passenger vents but cold air our of the driver.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Is your A/C set in the SYNC Mode? If not then the passenger temp could be set way too high. If it's not in Sync then whenever you adjust the driver's side it only adjusts the driver's side and not both. Bring up the Climate screen. If you see the word SYNC then tap on it. It will synchronize both sides of the car.
    I hope that's it.

yeah thanks for the info but it wasn't the sync setting. If i change the temp up just 1 degree it has a huge difference like 10 degree. I am going to try and reset cue and maybe that will fix it

CADMAN56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

There are numerous software updates for the XTS. One is for the HVAC control module involving temperture concern. Take it back to the dealer and have the service advisor check to see what updates pertain to your VIN.

is there anyway to check before i go in to the dealership

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Just give your service department a call.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Bejaip View Post
    is there anyway to check before i go in to the dealership
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you have to take you vehicle into the dealership. Is there anything we can assist you with?

Best regards,

Jennifer T.(Assisting Laura)
    GM Customer Care

CADMAN56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

YES. You can call your advisor and give him your VIN information, then they should be able to go to the GM site, type in the VIN and check for updates pertaining to your vehicle

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.