Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Climate Temp changes are dramatic

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  CADMAN56 
#1 ·
I have a firebird Blue XTS I love it but I was on a trip coming home from out of town and I noticed that even thought the temperature on the passenger said was one degree warmer it was blowing probably 10 degrees or more hotter air. I can have my temperature set to 61 and the passenger set to 63 and it feels like it is blowing hot air from a cold winter morning. This is pretty bad when it is already hot outside. Is anybody else having is problem?

#2 ·
Had a similar issue returning home from an extended weekend at a hotel. Seems the hotel valet attendant turned off the AC. The entire trip home the AC would kind of work and then not when I hit Auto. I was trying to control it from the haptic touch buttons under the display. No good, they control the fan. I finally went to the climate screen in CUE and sure enough the AC was off. Touched the AC button on the screen and all was well again. Perhaps this is what's happening with your AC. Good luck.

#4 ·
Is your A/C set in the SYNC Mode? If not then the passenger temp could be set way too high. If it's not in Sync then whenever you adjust the driver's side it only adjusts the driver's side and not both. Bring up the Climate screen. If you see the word SYNC then tap on it. It will synchronize both sides of the car.
I hope that's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.