Cadillac to launch a larger sedan than the XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac to launch a larger sedan than the XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Read this article this morning and thought I would share. http://www.freep.com/article/2013071...ac-xts-akerson...
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Cadillac to launch a larger sedan than the XTS

Read this article this morning and thought I would share.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013071...ac-xts-akerson

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63
    Read this article this morning and thought I would share.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013071...ac-xts-akerson
    Interesting to see this in print, but not a surprise, gohawks, to anyone who has been following the growing body of conversation and reports of Cadillac's products in development.

Thanks for sharing.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    The XTS was never supposed to be a long term car. Just a filler between the dts/sts and the next sedan.
    Gomaz likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS
    The XTS was never supposed to be a long term car. Just a filler between the dts/sts and the next sedan.
    That was my understanding too, but this article seems to imply the XTS might continue.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    All depends on sales numbers no doubt. Boy I'm good at stating the obvious.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: Cadillac to launch a larger sedan than the XTS

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    That was my understanding too, but this article seems to imply the XTS might continue.
    it will probably live for this product cycle only, just to pay for itself or for livery/rental use, but with the advent of the new CTS the XTS doesn't make much sense anymore here's why:

'14 XTS V-Sport Platinum- $70,020 With Destination

overall Length - 202"

Head Room - 39"F 37.8"R
    Leg Room - 42.1"F 40"R
    Shoulder Room - 57.87"F 56.34"R
    Hip Room - 55.12"F 54.29"R

'14 CTS V-Sport Premium - $69,995 With Destination

overall Length - 195.5"

Head Room - 39.2"F 37.5"R
    Leg Room - 42.6"F 35.4"R
    Shoulder Room - 56.9"F 54.8"R
    Hip Room - 53.8"F 53.3"R

overall the new CTS is 7" shorter, but most of that is lost in rear leg room, other than that the cabin size is virtually the same (CTS a little larger for front row, a little smaller for back row) when this car arrives it will cannibalize XTS sales just like ATS is doing to current CTS. so replacing the XTS with a larger vehicle giving CTS it's own space seems like a logical move.

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Then there are people like me who prefer front wheel drive cars and want the rear seat and trunk space lost in the CTS. Now if only the XTS had comfortable seats I'd probably be driving one now...

Quote Originally Posted by JSenecal View Post
    Then there are people like me who prefer front wheel drive cars and want the rear seat and trunk space lost in the CTS. Now if only the XTS had comfortable seats I'd probably be driving one now...
    a mean person would say the car for you is a buick then......but i'm not a mean person and all i can say is i understand, it's not fun when you get going in one direction and something out of your control (in this case a vehicle model) pivots on you and goes another direction. The ATS has a similar situation, it too is smaller in the rear than the CTS and yet it's devouring the CTS right now, and it seems Cadillac is learning from this (they are in the business of selling more after all) and it seems to me the situation is likely to repeat itself when New CTS arrives vis-a-vis XTS

Gomaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS II

I can't wait til the new LTS comes out , a true replacement to the DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomaz View Post
    I can't wait til the new LTS comes out , a true replacement to the DTS.
    if LTS is what they call it I don't think Cadillac wants it to be a replacement for the DTS but rather a competitor to and therefore conquest purchasing choice from the 7 series and s-class. DTS was nice, but i think Cadillac is locked into the Germans right now and beating them at their own game.
    Gomaz likes this.

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    a mean person would say the car for you is a buick then......but i'm not a mean person and all i can say is i understand, it's not fun when you get going in one direction and something out of your control (in this case a vehicle model) pivots on you and goes another direction. The ATS has a similar situation, it too is smaller in the rear than the CTS and yet it's devouring the CTS right now, and it seems Cadillac is learning from this (they are in the business of selling more after all) and it seems to me the situation is likely to repeat itself when New CTS arrives vis-a-vis XTS
    I was looking at Buick Lacrosse as well, but found the seat even more uncomfortable than the Caddy, and the trunk was much too small to replace the 20 cu ft trunk I have now (and use most of on a regular basis). Mostly I'm just looking for a replacement for my aging Olds 98, and the XTS is the closest thing I've seen so far (high tech big car).

As for preferring front wheel drive, my previous car was rear wheel drive. Didn't enjoy it at all when it fishtailed while accelerating on a short highway onramp. But that only happened once. I just don't drive hard enough to notice the difference between front wheel or rear wheel drive. But when traction is poor and wheels are skidding, I prefer that the car still is tending to go in the direction the wheels are pointing.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    AWD based on a RWD platform is the best if you have to drive in snow. Otherwise RWD all the way. Steering and performance are so much better than FWD.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSenecal
    We fit this category, as well, although I've driven two XTS's extensively, with passengers, and have no problem with the seats.

About 20 times a year, we take other couples with us to events in a city two-plus-hours away.

That round trip is too far/long to have full-size adults :-) crammed into a too-cramped back seat, and it's the reason we kept our far-too-high-mileage STS until we could order an XTS Vsport. And no, we don't like the form factor of the modified trucks manufacturers have come to call SUVs. We strongly prefer a sedan.

Rather than simply modeling their lineup after European cars, Cadillac should spend a bit more time determining the buying preferences and driving needs of long-time GM customers.

amunderdog is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

It doesn't help that GM is notorious for it's legendary cock ups. AND we're pretty sure they just made another one.

Problem is GM has confirmed it will not be pursuing any of its concepts for the next-gen flagship.

Instead it will be concocting a super sedan that will use a rear-drive chassis "very loosely" based on the CTS.
    Can you tell me something any LESS appealing than that?

http://www.autospies.com/news/Did-Ge...y-Sedan-77279/

jock82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, this thing certainly is not replacement for anything. I have driven Cadillacs since 1970 and the dealer let me keep one of these things overnight and I was not impressed. It might be ok for a Buick, but not for a Cadillac. i have seen several on the road and, I know, appearance is subjective, but I still think this thing looks like anything but a Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.