Cadillac to launch a larger sedan than the XTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac to launch a larger sedan than the XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello everyone, Thank you very much for your input. I will be sure to document your statements and pass them ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Cadillac to launch a larger sedan than the XTS

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your input. I will be sure to document your statements and pass them along. We definitely value our consumer’s opinions at Cadillac. Thank you very much for taking the time to post!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by richardbbarger View Post
    We fit this category, as well, although I've driven two XTS's extensively, with passengers, and have no problem with the seats.

About 20 times a year, we take other couples with us to events in a city two-plus-hours away.

That round trip is too far/long to have full-size adults :-) crammed into a too-cramped back seat, and it's the reason we kept our far-too-high-mileage STS until we could order an XTS Vsport. And no, we don't like the form factor of the modified trucks manufacturers have come to call SUVs. We strongly prefer a sedan.

Rather than simply modeling their lineup after European cars, Cadillac should spend a bit more time determining the buying preferences and driving needs of long-time GM customers.
    I mean no disrespect with what I'm about to say. The problem is that "long-time GM customers" left the brand a long time ago because of the cars they were building. The people who desire the land yachts of the past are a minority.

I too have fond memories of some of the classic Caddys of the past. My parents had a gorgeous '77 Coupe de'Ville that I loved. Drove it a ton in my late teens and early twenties. From there they moved on to a '91 Brougham d'Elegance. Beautiful car, but had the driving dynamics of an ocean liner. The steering had the firmness of overcooked pasta.

Those days are gone and you will find that no manufacturers will produce a car like that any more because in short very few people want those kinds of cars. Even Lincoln put to rest the old Crown Vics and the venerable Town Car. The XTS (in my view) is a compromise. Trying to offer the big car feel and presence of the old Caddys while also trying to provide some semblance of driving dynamics.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

I mean no disrespect with what I'm about to say. The problem is that "long-time GM customers" left the brand a long time ago because of the cars they were building. The people who desire the land yachts of the past are a minority.

I too have fond memories of some of the classic Caddys of the past. My parents had a gorgeous '77 Coupe de'Ville that I loved. Drove it a ton in my late teens and early twenties. From there they moved on to a '91 Brougham d'Elegance. Beautiful car, but had the driving dynamics of an ocean liner. The steering had the firmness of overcooked pasta.

Those days are gone and you will find that no manufacturers will produce a car like that any more because in short very few people want those kinds of cars. Even Lincoln put to rest the old Crown Vics and the venerable Town Car. The XTS (in my view) is a compromise. Trying to offer the big car feel and presence of the old Caddys while also trying to provide some semblance of driving dynamics.
    No disrespect taken, Gohawks. We aren't interested in the land yachts of old, either.

But we certainly need a sedan with sufficient leg room to take adult passengers on an extended trip in a moderate degree of comfort -- unlike the CTS or the ATS (we have one of those, and love it, but would never subject adults to its back seat for more than a short drive).

Actually, for us, the XTS is just about right.

Driving/travel distances in much of the U.S. are far greater than in most of Europe or Japan, for instance, without our having the abundant rail transportation that many folks use for longer trips in those countries.

By modeling U.S. auto characteristics on cars designed, in large part, in other countries that have a completely different set of driving circumstances than exist in much of this continent, manufacturers are being shortsighted and seem to be ignoring the needs and preferences of a significant part of their customer universe.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by amunderdog View Post
    It doesn't help that GM is notorious for it's legendary cock ups. AND we're pretty sure they just made another one.

Problem is GM has confirmed it will not be pursuing any of its concepts for the next-gen flagship.

Instead it will be concocting a super sedan that will use a rear-drive chassis "very loosely" based on the CTS.
    Can you tell me something any LESS appealing than that?

http://www.autospies.com/news/Did-Ge...y-Sedan-77279/
    We have been hearing that the new Omega platform would be based on the new Alpha platform but stretched out. This is not news and furthermore it will not hurt the new flagship one bit. This car has been in the works for awhile. The car that they were thinking of making was going to be a super halo flagship car that would have started in at over $100K. That concept was nixed since there was not big enogh of a difference from the LTS or whatever its going to be called and it. I do not think that Cadillac/GM spent millions of dollars to make the XTS a one time model. When the new flagship does come out that car needs to be on its own and not being transferd into limos and hurst's. That would defeat the purpose of the new flagship altogether. The XTS will live on but just change platforms to the new Omega just on a smaller wheelbase then the new flagship.

Buick will be getting a new RWD flagship that will most likely ride on the new Omega platform even though they will not call it that. I am seeing a platform sharing situation by 2016 or 17 that will likely be Lacrosse/XTS and the larger Electra/LTS. I did get some inside info and I think the info can be trusted for the most part. I kinda found this all out by chance of meeting a high up rep at Buick.
    Gomaz likes this.

Gomaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS II

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=lts+na...9&tx=101&ty=54

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=cadill...2&tx=142&ty=73

I hope it looks like this one, I have been hoping they come out with a large car to match up to the s class or bmw 7s, im sure i'll trade in my dts but not for something smaller with no v8

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Gomaz View Post
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=lts+na...9&tx=101&ty=54

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=cadill...2&tx=142&ty=73

I hope it looks like this one, I have been hoping they come out with a large car to match up to the s class or bmw 7s, im sure i'll trade in my dts but not for something smaller with no v8
    I like it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.