3 weeks old
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 3 weeks old in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Having expended over 6 months of time researching, testing driving, and discussing at length with family and friends, I finally ...
    jsakabuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum and 1976 Eldorado Convertible

3 weeks old

Having expended over 6 months of time researching, testing driving, and discussing at length with family and friends, I finally decided upon an XTS Platinum. Ordered it at the beginning of May, it arrived for delivery to me on June 19th. Visually, the car is stunning. Black with light interior. But, after three weeks, I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't made a grave error.

Very soon after delivery, I noticed my left hip began to ache after less than an hour in the seat. If I had to express it in words, I would say the seat bulsters on the bottom cushion where the vibrators go for the warning system are obnoxiously large and pressing against my hip bone. I can't understand this, since I test drove the car on four (4) different occasions, for lengths of time exceeding an hour, and thought nothing but the highest regard for the seats.

Next, the glove compartment door refuses to open. That anomaly began after the car was less than one week old, and I have seen my Owners Manual, insurance card, owner's card, or my EZ Pass (for you non-northeast folks, an electronic toll badge for highways. This actually is a pain since I travel a toll-road often, and it won't recognize the toll while inside the glove compartment. UGH.

Finally, I was hand-washing the car last night and found the trim piece surrounding the passenger side front door window flapping loose in the wind.

A call to the dealer today brought about an appointment for Tuesday, but I am besides myself with disappointment for a car that I loved so much prior to delivery, yet has done little to impress me so far.

Am I missing something here? Is it just my car, or do others here recognize these problems I've encountered?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 3 weeks old

Quote Originally Posted by jsakabuck View Post
    Having expended over 6 months of time researching, testing driving, and discussing at length with family and friends, I finally decided upon an XTS Platinum. Ordered it at the beginning of May, it arrived for delivery to me on June 19th. Visually, the car is stunning. Black with light interior. But, after three weeks, I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't made a grave error.

Very soon after delivery, I noticed my left hip began to ache after less than an hour in the seat. If I had to express it in words, I would say the seat bulsters on the bottom cushion where the vibrators go for the warning system are obnoxiously large and pressing against my hip bone. I can't understand this, since I test drove the car on four (4) different occasions, for lengths of time exceeding an hour, and thought nothing but the highest regard for the seats.

Next, the glove compartment door refuses to open. That anomaly began after the car was less than one week old, and I have seen my Owners Manual, insurance card, owner's card, or my EZ Pass (for you non-northeast folks, an electronic toll badge for highways. This actually is a pain since I travel a toll-road often, and it won't recognize the toll while inside the glove compartment. UGH.

Finally, I was hand-washing the car last night and found the trim piece surrounding the passenger side front door window flapping loose in the wind.

A call to the dealer today brought about an appointment for Tuesday, but I am besides myself with disappointment for a car that I loved so much prior to delivery, yet has done little to impress me so far.

Am I missing something here? Is it just my car, or do others here recognize these problems I've encountered?
    Hello jsakabuck,

I apologize that you have not been completely satisfied with your XTS. I do see that you have an appointment with your dealership on Tuesday. I hope they are able to address your concerns when you take your vehicle in. If you would like our assistance in working with the dealership, feel free to private message us. Please continue to keep us updated on this situation. Thank you very much for your time and we will be looking for your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

My left side hurt, but, when took out my wallet, all was ok. Not a joke.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbill
    My left side hurt, but, when took out my wallet, all was ok. Not a joke.
    You carry >that< much money in your wallet?!!!?!?

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by richardbbarger View Post
    You carry >that< much money in your wallet?!!!?!?
    No, it's a fact. Unless you just carry your of those money clips in your side pocket and DL, your wallet bulge can effect your back. My orthopedic doctor told me to either switch sides; reduce the amount of junk in the billfold or carry a "man purse." We'll, the last option is out! I reduced most of the junk and stopped carrying coins (I use a European Style billfold)ma back is much better. Really, this is no joke, check with your doctor. Try it, it won't hurt and may help.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Try carrying your wallet in your front pocket. It's harder to steal and it's more comfortable. After a while
    you will become accustomed to it. After you try it, you will never go back to the back pocket. Guaranteed.

I've never carried my wallet in my back pocket.....so that's out as a cause. Hitting the dealership tomorrow. I'll report back afterwards.

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

We purchased a 2013 XTS Premium in late April specifically because the seats were so amazingly comfortable. We traded in a Toyota Prius (I know, I know....) that made both of our backs hurt after driving for more than an hour a day in it. My husband is a very busy realtor and was spending more and more time in his car as the real estate market here in Raleigh is taking off. We had test driven many cars and, although I have been a long term GM and Cadillac owner and was a huge fan of the XTS when I saw it as a concept car, I didn't think my husband would like the Caddy so I hadn't considered it. We already had a large GMC Sierra pickup and a GMC Acadia Denali as our "large" cars so I figured he'd go for the Mercedes. He is the one that picked the XTS out and called me to come drive it. Needless to say, I was very impressed! The interior quality and seat comfort of this car blew everything else away, even the Mercedes E class and the much more expensive Jaguar XF.

Both of us are large, stocky men (I'm 6'0 230 lbs and he is 5'11 260) but the seats in the XTS fit us like a glove. He uses the XTS to take real estate clients around and they are always impressed by the room and seat comfort.

Since we have had no issues with seat comfort in our XTS, I'm wondering if maybe there is something wrong with the adjustment of the seat or maybe the seat cushion is misshapen. Our primary requirement for the XTS was that the seats are very comfortable and we have not been disappointed. Hopefully the dealer may be able to help you out either way.

Quote Originally Posted by dhemrick View Post
    We purchased a 2013 XTS Premium in late April specifically because the seats were so amazingly comfortable. We traded in a Toyota Prius (I know, I know....) that made both of our backs hurt after driving for more than an hour a day in it. My husband is a very busy realtor and was spending more and more time in his car as the real estate market here in Raleigh is taking off. We had test driven many cars and, although I have been a long term GM and Cadillac owner and was a huge fan of the XTS when I saw it as a concept car, I didn't think my husband would like the Caddy so I hadn't considered it. We already had a large GMC Sierra pickup and a GMC Acadia Denali as our "large" cars so I figured he'd go for the Mercedes. He is the one that picked the XTS out and called me to come drive it. Needless to say, I was very impressed! The interior quality and seat comfort of this car blew everything else away, even the Mercedes E class and the much more expensive Jaguar XF.

Both of us are large, stocky men (I'm 6'0 230 lbs and he is 5'11 260) but the seats in the XTS fit us like a glove. He uses the XTS to take real estate clients around and they are always impressed by the room and seat comfort.

Since we have had no issues with seat comfort in our XTS, I'm wondering if maybe there is something wrong with the adjustment of the seat or maybe the seat cushion is misshapen. Our primary requirement for the XTS was that the seats are very comfortable and we have not been disappointed. Hopefully the dealer may be able to help you out either way.
    Hello dhemrick,

I am happy you were impressed with the XTS and its interior quality. I am glad the vehicle tends to you and your husband as well as his clients. It is an impressive vehicle that tends to passenger comfort. Continue to enjoy its comfort and luxury! If you ever have concerns or questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by dhemrick

Now you have me thinking, perhaps there is a problem with my seat. The dealer had to order a part for the glove box, and it is going back in on Wednesday. I think I'll mention the seat to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jsakabuck View Post
    Now you have me thinking, perhaps there is a problem with my seat. The dealer had to order a part for the glove box, and it is going back in on Wednesday. I think I'll mention the seat to him.
    Hello jsakabuck,

I am glad the dealership has ordered a part and is addressing the concern you have had with your glovebox. Did you bring up your concern with the seat the last time you were in the dealership? Please keep us updated with what they say on Wednesday. Thank you very much for your time. I will be looking for your future posts.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.