Twin Turbo Initial Ordering Information
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Twin Turbo Initial Ordering Information in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just rec'd this from my dealer....
    richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Twin Turbo Initial Ordering Information

Just rec'd this from my dealer.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Just what the Dr ordered ! The XTS is hot, now it's "smoking hot "! Great move GM

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Twin Turbo Initial Ordering Information

anybody have a clear pic of the "RQA 20 WHEELS"??

rodster111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V and 1998 Seville STS

Not a very big picture, but you can see them here. http://tinyurl.com/o4qdujs

----------

This photo is a little better. http://tinyurl.com/nmtjzp8

----------

I personally LOVE that 20" wheel, my local dealer has a Crystal Red Tintcoat XTS Premium with them on it and it looks phenomenal. I am probably going to get the 2014 XTS Turbo later this year with those wheels. Waiting to see the 14 CTS in person first though.

Black Raven Vsport ordered today. Status: 2000, for those of you who follow such things.

Hendrick Cadillac in Kansas City, MO, is excellent.

What is Status: 2000?

Quote Originally Posted by rodster111
    What is Status: 2000?
    Rod, this is from a discussion group, but I believe it is generally correct:

<begin quote>
    When you place an order into the system the first step it goes to is 1100 (Preliminary) That means the order has passed GM's edit tables and is a valid "Buildable" order. It also is when an order # is generated and assigned to it. This order # is the one that will follow it until it is built. It also is what is used to make sure you have things like price protection in the case of a price increase between the order time and invoice time. 1101 is essentially the same thing as 1100. The only difference is 1101 is more of an internal code for GM. They both still mean that it is a preliminary order still. When your order gets accepted by GM for production it will move to 2000. Here is the brief list of Status codes that are applicable to an order as far as the customer is concerned.:

Order status codes:
    1100 = Preliminary Order (Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order)
    2000 = Accepted By GM (Dealer used allocation to place order into production)
    2500 = Preferenced (Order pulled to the production system)
    3000 = Accepted By Production Control (Order input into the production system)
    3100 = Sequenced (Order sequenced for Production)
    3300 = Scheduled For Production (Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle)
    3400 = Broadcast (Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together)
    3800 = Produced (Order is built and VIN# shows in the Dealer Order system now)
    4150 = Invoiced (Order is invoiced to the dealer)
    4200 = Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
    5000 = Delivered To Dealer
    6000 = Delivered To Customer

There are other codes but they are almost exclusively used internally by GM and have no real effect on the status of the order as pertaining to the customer.

When you order [any] GM vehicle you can call them and ask what the Status Event Code is, and they will give you one of the numbers above. This will help you figure out where your order is within the system.
    <end quote>

Wow! I had no idea there was all of that involved! Thanks for the informative detail. I ordered 2 cars in my life, a '78 Buick Regal and a '90 Corvette, but wasn't aware of all those steps. All my other new cars, Cadillacs included, were purchased off the lot. Keep us posted as to your progress and definitely give us your thoughts and experiences with the car once you have it. I'm really anxious to hear what it's like with that much more power, and also curious if they tighten the suspension up to deal with the power and how that feels.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.