Platinum vs Premium
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Platinum vs Premium in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Looking at both. Any good reasons to spend the extra five grand on the Platinum? I did see the Platinum ...
    Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

Platinum vs Premium

Looking at both. Any good reasons to spend the extra five grand on the Platinum? I did see the Platinum had adaptive cruise control. I love it in my Genesis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

marathonman89 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Re: Platinum vs Premium

Hello,
    When I purchased my Premium last July 9 Adaptive Cruise Control was not yet available so that did not figure into my decision to buy the Premium.
    At the time the extra $5k got you a suede headliner, unique grill and lighted door sills plus an option for 20" wheels. Since only the grille differentiated the Premium from the Platinum externally at that time I decided to save the $5k and use the money towards a cruise.

Having said that, I have read many comments from Platinum owners who love their cars. I guess, in my case, I was just looking for the the most bang for the back. Whichever you choose, you won't regret it, they are great cars.

As an aside and talking about bang for the buck, I could have bout a 2012 Genesis R-spec, tricked out for about $17k less then the premium. Passed, because Blue Link (On Star/CUE like features were not available). The 430HP and about 380 FPT really got my attention. No remorse though, the Premium is a great car.

Funny you mention the Genesis. I have a 2010 Genesis 4.6 V8 with 345 hp and Teck package. My wife thinks the interior dash layout is old. The Genesis is fast and as quiet as the XTS. I bought not buy the XTS just based on my test drive compared to how it felt to get back in my Genesis with its tight suspension. I put General GMax tires on the Genesis and they are great.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoofpilot View Post
    Looking at both. Any good reasons to spend the extra five grand on the Platinum? I did see the Platinum had adaptive cruise control. I love it in my Genesis.
    Hello Stoofpilot,

The XTS Platinum Collection takes luxury and refinement to an entirely new level with Opus full-leather seats, a leather-wrapped interior with color-contrast stitching and an elegant microfiber sueded headliner. Exterior details include a chrome-accented grille and exclusive 20” polished wheels with chrome inserts. Just like marathonman89 said, whichever you choose, you won't regret. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I am going to test drive the Platinum when I get back home next week.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I understand that the new Platinum Vsport XTS has a starting price of over $70K. This is really getting up there. Any thoughts?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoofpilot View Post
    I am going to test drive the Platinum when I get back home next week.
    Hello Stoofpilot,

Let us know how the test drive goes next week! If you ever need any help locating a vehicle as well, please feel free to message us privately. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.