Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Navigation road error

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Recently I have had my navigation system report a problem. When I input an address to navigate to, they system says that "Your not on a recognizable road" and doesn't calculate the route. I may be located on a major interstate, and the map shows the car symbol on a street, but the system doesn't see it and won't calculate.

Usually after shutting off the car, the next start it will work fine. This has only happened maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10 when using the nav.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I thought about taking it to the dealer, however it doesn't happen every time and I"m sure they can't trouble shoot the issue if it isn't always erroring out.

#2 ·
Hello cfeltenberger,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your navigation system in your XTS. It might help to take note of any conditions that you notice that are happening while you are experiencing the issue. If you do end up taking your vehicle to the dealership and would like our assistance in working with them, please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with. If you could, please keep us updated on the situation as well. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.