Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Memory seat reprogram

34K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  nstar 
#1 ·
I received the reprogram of the memory seat function last week on my XTS and was not expecting the results. After a search of the update #12262 I found that it was due to user complaints about the automatic adjustment of the seat, steering wheel, and side mirrors. This was a feature that I personally enjoyed but now I have to press the memory button on the door panel to accomplish the full set of adjustments as it was when built. If other owners were not happy with that feature, they could have just disabled it in the settings menu. Cadillac could have surveyed a broader user base to receive feedback before moving ahead with the reprogramming. Hopefully Cadillac will rethink this feature and reinstate the functionality for those of us that want it back.

#3 ·
I attempted to reset the memory seat function with both key fobs 3 times with each. I have the settings in CUE set to activate the memory seats with ignition on. The seat will move to the desired position but the steering wheel does not move and the drivers side mirror goes fully down and the passenger mirror goes straight up. The steering wheel and mirrors will adjust to the desired position once I press the memory seat button on the drivers door. This was not the case prior to update 12262. I prefer the original operation. The web site (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forum/t-281892.html) has stated this is the desired performance after the update.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forum/t-281892.html

#4 ·
Hello ultra-sport,

Thank you for your input about the memory seat reprogramming. I will make sure I document this and send it to the correct group. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your vehicle, please reach out to me via private message. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#5 ·
I agree with the program seat update. I loved the function before where my seat programmed for exit and then on ignition start up. I am VERY disappointed that the seat memory only works on exit. It is very inconvenient to have to press the button each time to get my seat to desired position. Hope cadillac makes some adjustments to this!

#6 ·
Do you have to do the memory seat update? I just bought my car today. Pick it up tomorrow.

Why was their an update? Already my wife complained about the seat not going back when the car is shut off. In the Genesis, when you hit the start button without your foot on the brake pedal, the seat, wheel, etc goes to the memory 1 settings.

#8 ·
That switching of the fobs had me very frustrated when I got home. After several resets I said to my myself: Self, maybe they switched the fob numbers on you. Sure enough that was the problem. All you members out there having a problem, do like Ernie and me save yourself a lot of grief and change to the other fob.

#9 ·
I picked up a new 2014 XTS yesterday and am having trouble with the seat memory

1. First of all, the manual says to “press and hold BOTH set and #1 at the same time” that obviously is wrong. If I press and release set and then press 1 I get one beep
2. BUT there seems to be some OVERRIDING SETTING . is there a way to delete all seat memory settings and start over???
3. The driving seat memory seems to work BUT DOESN’T auto go there when I start the car???
4. I programmed the “exit” memory but it doesn’t go where I set it. INSTEAD it goes to some crazy setting with the seat way back AND TITLED FORWARD
a. Yes, I have “easy exit” set to “on” on the panel
b. And I’ve tried both keys. Same problem

----------

so how does someone "reach out to you" without your email
maybe this posting will work?

I picked up a new 2014 XTS yesterday and am having trouble with the seat memory

1. First of all, the manual says to “press and hold BOTH set and #1 at the same time” that obviously is wrong. If I press and release set and then press 1 I get one beep
2. BUT there seems to be some OVERRIDING SETTING . is there a way to delete all seat memory settings and start over???
3. The driving seat memory seems to work BUT DOESN’T auto go there when I start the car???
4. I programmed the “exit” memory but it doesn’t go where I set it. INSTEAD it goes to some crazy setting with the seat way back AND TITLED FORWARD
a. Yes, I have “easy exit” set to “on” on the panel
b. And I’ve tried both keys. Same problem

#11 ·
Hello winton,

First of all welcome to the forum and congrats on your 14' XTS! I apologize for the seat memory issues you are having. I see Cadjiek has offered advice on their seat memory experience. If this issue still persists for you, please let me know. I can be reached via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com to further discuss any concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#10 ·
I just went out and programmed my other fob. I started the car and hit the lock symbol on the fob. I then set my steering and seat positions to my liking. I press "set" on the door panel and the driver number and that's it. I don't press both buttons at the same time as you described. That's it. I still think one of the problems is that you don't know which fob is being programmed. #1 or #2. They used to note the number on the fobs. I'm surprised the salesperson didn't help you with this when you picked up the car. Mine did. I ran into the problem after the memory seat update that was performed which for some reason switched the fob numbers.

#12 ·
Winton
One thing I should have mentioned. Go into Settings, Vehicle, Comfort and convenience, Auto Recall. At that point make sure "On AT Ignition" is checked. That will activate your settings when you start the car. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
Cadjiek

----------

Let us know if you get this resolve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.