*Has anyone here tried this CUE Iphone/Ipod Video Input module??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, *Has anyone here tried this CUE Iphone/Ipod Video Input module?? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I was wondering if CUE with NAV could play Music Videos or Movies off of the SD Card? I ...
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    So I was wondering if CUE with NAV could play Music Videos or Movies off of the SD Card? I saw a brief mention of it being capable of playing Video files on SD in the online owners manual.. I tried it and it only played the Audio portion from the Music Video. I am surprised that CUE can only play CD's and not DVD's like its predecessors.. I have a ton of Video Mix DVD's.. Anyways, I came across this CUE module to add Video Inputs to the CUE screen.. I'll be happy if I can get my iPhone Videos onto the CUE screen.. Has anyone here tried this product?

http://tvandnav2go.com/home/55-cadil...interface.html
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Re: *Has anyone here tried this CUE Iphone/Ipod Video Input module??

Why would anyone want to play a video on the CUE?
    Poor time and worse place.

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by flying fossil View Post
    Why would anyone want to play a video on the CUE?
    Poor time and worse place.

And illegal everywhere if the car is moving.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I put some M4v files on my sd card, some played some didn't. I don't know why some didn't play but cue has the capability to play video files and display the picture and sound. Car must be in park, when shifted out of park the picture goes blank.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz
    I put some M4v files on my sd card, some played some didn't. I don't know why some didn't play but cue has the capability to play video files and display the picture and sound. Car must be in park, when shifted out of park the picture goes blank.
    Yes, in Park.. Seems that you had better luck than me.. None of my M4V Music Video files will play Audio past the first 13 seconds.. As soon as the haptic feedback screen menu disappears from the top boarder the Audio stops.. I have not seen any Video at all.. I tried taking the M4V files out of the folders and still no luck.. I first tried a 32GB fat32 formatted SD Card and then switched to a 8GB SD Card.... The Audio still stops playing at about 13 seconds and then the screen fades to all black, again, no Video is ever displayed in Park. I even tried setting the E-Brake, still a no go.

*I will try a .m4v to .mp4 converter as all of my .mp4 Music Videos play just fine.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade Prem, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 RR Sport ATB

I use a Lockpick to run video out from my iPad 3rd gen to the NAV screen, works in drive also. I can't however figure out how to play it on the back displays. I'm sure I could get an ipad to composite video out to play it on the back screens, but I was hoping to prevent that. I have a 2012 though which doesn't have Cue. I'm picking up the 2015 in the next couple of weeks so I'm curious to know if it can play video files from apple devices or the sd card. Of course even if it does you'll still need a mod to play it in drive. Why would you want to do this? For passengers, or simply because you can. I sometimes use it for watching/listening to live streaming news while I drive.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Yes, in Park.. Seems that you had better luck than me.. None of my M4V Music Video files will play Audio past the first 13 seconds.. As soon as the haptic feedback screen menu disappears from the top boarder the Audio stops.. I have not seen any Video at all.. I tried taking the M4V files out of the folders and still no luck.. I first tried a 32GB fat32 formatted SD Card and then switched to a 8GB SD Card.... The Audio still stops playing at about 13 seconds and then the screen fades to all black, again, no Video is ever displayed in Park. I even tried setting the E-Brake, still a no go.

*I will try a .m4v to .mp4 converter as all of my .mp4 Music Videos play just fine.
    You don't need to convert m4v to mp4, they already are mp4 inside. Just rename them from .m4v to .mp4, not sure if it I'll fix your problem though. I'm guessing it play's .avi files

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    I bet it depends on how the audio and video was encoded. Not all m4v files have the same type of audio compression inside, and some may have higher or lower bitrates for video. It may be that only certain types can be played. We could find out by figuring out which played and which didn't and then looking at the file details on a computer. Whatever decoder the Cue is using must have limitations as to what it can decode. I'll test it once I take delivery of my 2015 in the next few weeks. I'll try and post a guide so people can learn how to convert their existing files to cue compliant ones.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    So I was wondering if CUE with NAV could play Music Videos or Movies off of the SD Card? I saw a brief mention of it being capable of playing Video files on SD in the online owners manual.. I tried it and it only played the Audio portion from the Music Video. I am surprised that CUE can only play CD's and not DVD's like its predecessors.. I have a ton of Video Mix DVD's.. Anyways, I came across this CUE module to add Video Inputs to the CUE screen.. I'll be happy if I can get my iPhone Videos onto the CUE screen.. Has anyone here tried this product?
    http://tvandnav2go.com/home/55-cadil...interface.html
    FYI if you have any apple product that uses the new lightning connector, there is currently no way to get composite video out of them. Only hdmi and maybe dvi. This is why I still have my 3rd gen ipad, it uses the old 30 pin connector. They make a 30 pin to composite video out (composite is yellow for video and red and white for audio). So unless that interface has hdmi in, don't expect it to work with an iPhone 5 or higher or iPad 4th gen or higher. And no a lightning connector to 30 pin to composite out won't work either.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade Prem, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 RR Sport ATB

I'm also considering attempting to mount a rear interior camera in the vehicle to use as a baby cam. I could then see the little dude on the Cue screen.

bigcaddyfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    I'm also considering attempting to mount a rear interior camera in the vehicle to use as a baby cam. I could then see the little dude on the Cue screen.
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but
    has anyone tried to get CUE to show rear view camera when going forwards?? Much better view than mirrors. Otherwise I might try interior rear view camera as above, but to look our rear window, not at baby. Maybe a separate camera/display would be simpler than trying to integrate with CUE?

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    That would be too distracting and dangerous for me. I would not want to endanger my child or anyone else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.