Peculiar Lack of Customer Service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Peculiar Lack of Customer Service in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As those of you who have followed my posting here and on the STS forums know I am very positive ...
    kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Unhappy Peculiar Lack of Customer Service

As those of you who have followed my posting here and on the STS forums know I am very positive on Cadillac and the 7 STSs and XTS I have owned. I just got off the phone with GM Cadillac Customer Service who was following up on a comment I had made a couple of days ago regarding OnStar. I had received a call from OnStar to extend my coverage on SilverFox, my Platinum XTS. I told the individual that before I would consider extending my coverage I wanted to receive a 3 month extension on my current year of OnStar service. Some of you may recall if you purchased one of the first XTSs as I did, that you received a letter from GM informing us that the Automatic Crash Response system had not been working properly and in essence would not notify OnStar in the event of a crash. Kind of a big thing...They did resolve the issue by a visit to the dealer to have the software reprogrammed since they were not able to do it remotely. At any rate, if you were like me, you had lost 3 months of that very important safety coverage, so it would seem logical that GM would extend the coverage by three months. The OnStar representative told me they could not help with this but I should contact GM Customer Assistance which I did. Apparently according the call I just received from GM Cadillac Customer Assistance, after thinking about it for two days, they are not going to offer any extension.

Wow, I wonder what their cost would have been to do it versus the ill-will they have generated by not doing it for free? I will certainly think twice about renewing my OnStar now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Peculiar Lack of Customer Service

kipsts,

I would like to look into this for you and see if there is anything I can do to further assist. Can you please send me your account and contact information here: http://bit.ly/10XAM43. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Smile Re: Peculiar Lack of Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
    kipsts,

I would like to look into this for you and see if there is anything I can do to further assist. Can you please send me your account and contact information here: http://bit.ly/10XAM43. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team
    Thank you Jessica. I will do it shortly.

----------

Now I am pleased to report that I was contacted by Jessica, OnStar Advisor, Customer Service Exemplar! She called me very shortly after receiving additional information on SilverFox and resolved my issue.

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    Thank you Jessica. I will do it shortly.

----------

Now I am pleased to report that I was contacted by Jessica, OnStar Advisor, Customer Service Exemplar! She called me very shortly after receiving additional information on SilverFox and resolved my issue.
    It was my pleasure kipsts! Thank you for the kind words! I'm always happy to help. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    As those of you who have followed my posting here and on the STS forums know I am very positive on Cadillac and the 7 STSs and XTS I have owned. I just got off the phone with GM Cadillac Customer Service who was following up on a comment I had made a couple of days ago regarding OnStar. I had received a call from OnStar to extend my coverage on SilverFox, my Platinum XTS. I told the individual that before I would consider extending my coverage I wanted to receive a 3 month extension on my current year of OnStar service. Some of you may recall if you purchased one of the first XTSs as I did, that you received a letter from GM informing us that the Automatic Crash Response system had not been working properly and in essence would not notify OnStar in the event of a crash. Kind of a big thing...They did resolve the issue by a visit to the dealer to have the software reprogrammed since they were not able to do it remotely. At any rate, if you were like me, you had lost 3 months of that very important safety coverage, so it would seem logical that GM would extend the coverage by three months. The OnStar representative told me they could not help with this but I should contact GM Customer Assistance which I did. Apparently according the call I just received from GM Cadillac Customer Assistance, after thinking about it for two days, they are not going to offer any extension.

Wow, I wonder what their cost would have been to do it versus the ill-will they have generated by not doing it for free? I will certainly think twice about renewing my OnStar now.
    Hello kipsts,

I am happy to hear that Jessica has been able to help you with what you were seeking. If you experience any other concerns regarding your vehicle, I would be more than happy to address them for you. Just private message Laura or I. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you Gregory.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.