Seat Cooling Function
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Seat Cooling Function in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a Platinum XTS SilverFox, and if you have seen my other posts, know that I am very happy ...
    kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Question Seat Cooling Function

I have a Platinum XTS SilverFox, and if you have seen my other posts, know that I am very happy with the car. One concern I have however is with the seat cooling function. On a recent long road trip with ambient temperatures in the 90 to 105 range I felt the seat cooling was not working properly. The AC kept the car perfectly comfortable without any problem. But the front seats remained warm. I expected that I would feel the cooling effect when the seat cooling was turned on, but if it was there it was very subtle at best. What have others experienced in this regard? By the way, the seat heating function works extremely well and very quickly. I do plan on taking it in to my dealer but wanted to see if this is typical of others experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    I have been complaining about this to my dealer for months. I feel nothing at 70 degrees outside. My car is in for warranty work again with this on the list. My car has so many problems Some of the higher up service techs are now involved. The dealer says seats work as Cadillac designed them. I say bad job. I have had other cars even 2003 models that are much better than this Cadillac feature. The need fix this. DADDY

Re: Seat Cooling Function

Thanks for the input Caddy Daddy. Sorry to hear you are having a slew problems. The seat cooling is fortunately the only issue of concern I have with mine.

marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Sorry for your problem. Mine works fine.
    FYI - the rear ac is on by default. if you go to the CUE climate screen and turn it off (assuming no rear passengers) and press the lock icon to the right of the rear ac power icon it will keep the rear ac off for the rest of the day regardless of start and stops. This will bring more air to the front vents.
    As an aside: When the dealer performed the March CUE update on my Premium they inadvertently disconnected the rear ac vents. This resulted in obviously chilled cup holders. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by marathonman89 View Post
    Sorry for your problem. Mine works fine.
    FYI - the rear ac is on by default. if you go to the CUE climate screen and turn it off (assuming no rear passengers) and press the lock icon to the right of the rear ac power icon it will keep the rear ac off for the rest of the day regardless of start and stops. This will bring more air to the front vents.
    As an aside: When the dealer performed the March CUE update on my Premium they inadvertently disconnected the rear ac vents. This resulted in obviously chilled cup holders. Just a thought.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will try turning down the rear seat fans. However my issue is not with the front vents which put out a ton of cold air, it is with the seat cooling. My understanding is that there are actual fans in the seat frame but regardless there does not seem to be any perceptable air movement from the seats when you turn on the seat cooling at max. After reading your original post about the CUE update/disconnect I did take my car back to have them ensure mine wasn't disconnected in a similar fashion. The tech checked and said it was fine.

RockvilleXTS is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

The best cooled seats I've had were on my 2007 Buick Lucerne. Worked very well. My 2008 STS worked OK. They worked better if the AC was on than if I'd turned the compressor off. My XTS' cooled seats are the most discrete of all 3 cars. I can barely feel the effect. I wonder if that is because the large thigh bolster in the front means there are fewer openings? But, as mentioned above, the heaters are superb.

MikeM2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2013 XTS Platinum. The seat cooling in my car is almost instantly discernible when I turn it on. Feels the same as my 2007 and 2005 STS's did.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM2013XTS View Post
    I have a 2013 XTS Platinum. The seat cooling in my car is almost instantly discernible when I turn it on. Feels the same as my 2007 and 2005 STS's did.
    MikeM2013XTS: That certainly sounds quite different than mine. Today in 105 degree temps, we could barely feel the cooling on the bottom portion but never felt it on the back of the seat. You clearly feel it on both the top and bottom of your seats? Also when you have used it how how has it been outside? Thanks!

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

I also have the same feature on my XTS and out here in So. Cal. the "seat cooling" function is not much to brag about. As I see it, it is just a FAN, nothing else. On a cool day with the switch on HIGH, I do feel a soft draft going through the cushion and nothing on the back. It sounds like the ventilation is only for the cushion and not the entire seating area. Don't wear heavy clothing otherwise you'll be missing out on this great feature!

Quote Originally Posted by 330GT View Post
    I also have the same feature on my XTS and out here in So. Cal. the "seat cooling" function is not much to brag about. As I see it, it is just a FAN, nothing else. On a cool day with the switch on HIGH, I do feel a soft draft going through the cushion and nothing on the back. It sounds like the ventilation is only for the cushion and not the entire seating area. Don't wear heavy clothing otherwise you'll be missing out on this great feature!
    Agree with your experience- I'm in Vegas. However that was not the case with my STS. It actually functioned to cool you back and bottom and worked well in Vegas. My guess is there is something not quite right with the way they have them set up on the new XTSs.

Caddymania is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree with what most have said here. The AC in the seats is very subtle at best. It may be the difference between air-conditioned seats vs. ventilated seats. In my 2009 STS, the AC in the seats worked well, and after a few minutes I would have to turn it to low. Under the seat in the back you could feel hot air blowing like the opposite side of a heat pump. This is really my only complaint with my Platinum XTS. Otherwise I really like the car and think it is a great improvement over my STS. I am going to have this checked at my next service appointment.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Caddymania View Post
    I agree with what most have said here. The AC in the seats is very subtle at best. It may be the difference between air-conditioned seats vs. ventilated seats. In my 2009 STS, the AC in the seats worked well, and after a few minutes I would have to turn it to low. Under the seat in the back you could feel hot air blowing like the opposite side of a heat pump. This is really my only complaint with my Platinum XTS. Otherwise I really like the car and think it is a great improvement over my STS. I am going to have this checked at my next service appointment.
    Hello Caddymania,

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your XTS! I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your air conditioned seats though. I see that you are going to have them checked out at your next service appointment. If you would like my assistance in working with the dealership, please private message me. Thank you very much for your time, and please keep us updated on this situation.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Caddymania,

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your XTS! I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your air conditioned seats though. I see that you are going to have them checked out at your next service appointment. If you would like my assistance in working with the dealership, please private message me. Thank you very much for your time, and please keep us updated on this situation.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Gregory W. What would be of more value is whether this is a problem being experienced by a number of XTS owners. As Caddymania I did not have the same poor cooling with any of my previous STSs.

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

Are the seats air conditioned or just ventilated? On Cadillac's website under trims and specifications it says ventilated. I've had the ventilated in my current and one, possibly two previous Caddys. I've never found them to be that great. From what I understand they suck air in not blow it out. My theory is that you're not going to feel it as well if you're sitting tight against the perforated seat surface because you're blocking the airflow. You'll feel it more where your body is away from the seat a little.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

You are correct, they are ventilated, not cooled. I have owned a CTS and an SRX before the XTS. In each case the "ventilated" seats worked much better than they do in the XTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.