Seat Cooling Function - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Seat Cooling Function in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The ventilated seats in my V worked fine. But, if I was very hot and wearing heavier clothing, such as ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The ventilated seats in my V worked fine. But, if I was very hot and wearing heavier clothing, such as jeans, the feeling wasn't strong. That was a me problem. If I were wearing lighter, dryer clothing, I'd be fine.

Nevertheless, even if you are hot and sweaty, this feature will eventually get you comfortable.

Unfortunately, "cooled" seats is a vague term. Cadillac decided to not overcomplicate with actual A/C in their seats so they went with ventilation. Fine if you know what its designed to do. Frustrating if you want to have a cold seat when you push the button...

orbson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS AWD Premium

Re: Seat Cooling Function

Just got a new XTS Premium. The ventilated seats are not working! I had a Lincoln MKS before this and the air conditioned seats worked very well. The Cadillac dealer tech said he could feel it when he sat in the driver seat, but that the effect is "subtle". I drove it home for 40 minutes and it never showed any improvement. The AC works great, just not the seat ventilation. Will be taking it back to the dealer to see if something is wrong.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by orbson
    Just got a new XTS Premium. The ventilated seats are not working! I had a Lincoln MKS before this and the air conditioned seats worked very well. The Cadillac dealer tech said he could feel it when he sat in the driver seat, but that the effect is "subtle". I drove it home for 40 minutes and it never showed any improvement. The AC works great, just not the seat ventilation. Will be taking it back to the dealer to see if something is wrong.
    You are beating a dead horse. Bad design. Been twice for this myself and got my car back. Only way is if enough customers make a big stink about it and made maybe GM will try for solution. If I was GM's design guy on this I would be looking for another job. Better to not have and say this is a feature. Yes all of my testing has been in a tee shirt. DADDY

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by orbson View Post
    Hello orbson,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new XTS Premium! I apologize for your ventilated seats not functioning properly. Let me know how things go after your dealership visit. I can be reached via private message so we can continue any interaction. If you are unable to private message, we can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Lizbill is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

I really can't tell the difference if they are on or off. The heat part seems to work but in SC, heating ain't the problem. Cooling is.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Very poor design and a bit misleading to call them " cooled seats". I have them in my STS and 2011 Escalade and the " cooling " effect is a joke. New GM should make them real AC seats like MB-BMW -Audi The first thing I brought my Sts to the dealer for bCk in 2005 was cooled seats. I learned what all of you are learning now and I am disappointed GM hadn't perfected this.

Do it right or don't offer !

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

actually now that i think about it the damn thing vibrates so much on high that they should sell them as "massaging" seats!

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    actually now that i think about it the damn thing vibrates so much on high that they should sell them as "massaging" seats!
    My guess is that there is a problem with your fans in the seats. On high in my Platinum XTS you do not feel the fan vibrate (or hardly the air ) but you do hear them if there is no other noise present.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

My ventilated seats work just fine. They perform just like the ones on the 07 sts that i had before the Xts.
    Both seat back and seating surface provide a soft gentle cooling effect. I have noticed especially if Iam working outside and I get sweated up and have to run to the store for something I need. Very refreshing I might add!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    My ventilated seats work just fine. They perform just like the ones on the 07 sts that i had before the Xts.
    Both seat back and seating surface provide a soft gentle cooling effect. I have noticed especially if Iam working outside and I get sweated up and have to run to the store for something I need. Very refreshing I might add!
    Glad to hear that your XTS seats are working well. From my personal experience and reading others replies here, it seems that there may be a QC issue related to the ventilated seats in the XTS where in some like you car, it works, and others like mine it does not. Mine definitely doesn't function as it did in my prior STSs. It is virtually nonexistent on high other than for the hum of the fans.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek
    Do you drive nude by any chance ? I can barly feel it in both my Cadillacs. Sorry but it shouldn't be subtle. That said if yours work I'm happy for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Do you drive nude by any chance ? I can barly feel it in both my Cadillacs. Sorry but it shouldn't be subtle. That said if yours work I'm happy for ya.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

There's a saying to be careful what you wish for. The seats in my DTS are cooled and even in Tulsa's summers I would rarely use the cooling function because the sensation was like sitting on a cold piece of cement with a wet bathing suit. Sounds like I would be happier with the ventilated version.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.