Wheel - Tire Insurance
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Wheel - Tire Insurance in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My XTS4, Platinum, Black Raven, Very Light Platinum, arrives at the dealer next week. Given the 20" rims and 40 ...
    jsakabuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum and 1976 Eldorado Convertible

Wheel - Tire Insurance

My XTS4, Platinum, Black Raven, Very Light Platinum, arrives at the dealer next week. Given the 20" rims and 40 series tires, has anyone thought about purchasing a wheel/tire insurance plan? Did your dealership offer one to you at time of delivery? What was the cost? Anyone found it necessary to make a claim? Here in the Northeast, I'm concerned about winter roads and potholes doing a number on these wheels and tires. Should I be concerned? This will be my first experience with such short side walled and rubber bands tires on delicate wheels.

Can anyone share some experience riding around on these wheels and tires, and how tough they have held up on bad roads?

I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of owners here. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wthomas33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2013 XTS4 ..had 07 DTS 01 Deville 97 elDo 86 dvll

Re: Wheel - Tire Insurance

If you scrape a curb with your wheel, it will be scratched very easy (don't ask how I know this).

On the upside, my dealer has a service, that for $65 will polish the wheel to like new condition again!

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by jsakabuck View Post
    My XTS4, Platinum, Black Raven, Very Light Platinum, arrives at the dealer next week. Given the 20" rims and 40 series tires, has anyone thought about purchasing a wheel/tire insurance plan? Did your dealership offer one to you at time of delivery? What was the cost? Anyone found it necessary to make a claim? Here in the Northeast, I'm concerned about winter roads and potholes doing a number on these wheels and tires. Should I be concerned? This will be my first experience with such short side walled and rubber bands tires on delicate wheels.

Can anyone share some experience riding around on these wheels and tires, and how tough they have held up on bad roads?

I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of owners here. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
    I did purchase it through the dealer on my Platinum XTS and thankfully have not had to use it so far. I also had similar insurance on my Porsche. To me it made sense when you consider the cost of the wheels and tires. I did not have it on my prior STS when I hit some sort of junk on the road and it took out both tires on the driver side and damaged one of the two wheels. That was a rare but expensive lesson to me on the value of the insurance. My friend has had three tires replaced on his Porsche under a similar policy over the last year and one half, clearly paying for the policy a couple of times over. As with any insurance, it is a crap shoot and you pick and choose what level of risk you are willing to live with. As to how the XTS tires hold up on bad roads, I really don't know. The roads in Nevada are pretty good, certainly compared to what I experienced living previously in Michigan.

Kip.....may I ask what you paid for your policy? Just making sure I don't get ripped off from my dealer. Thanks.

Kip.....may I ask what you paid for your policy? Just making sure I don't get ripped off from my dealer. Thanks.
    I will look it up and PM you. Tried to PM you but apparently you haven't cleared out your box in a while.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by jsakabuck

We have the same car. This is the most difficult car I have ever had when it comes to parking. Don't want to hit my rims. l already did my front right. Depending what is covered. I had a blow out at 70 mph 80 miles from home. Not fun since I did not get the spare tire option and could not get my tire inflated with the kit provided. DADDY

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kipsts
    I will look it up and PM you. Tried to PM you but apparently you haven't cleared out your box in a while.
    Can you post a link to the company?

Quote Originally Posted by longslim View Post
    Can you post a link to the company?
    The insurance was through my dealer. The company appears to be Multi-Shield aka IAS Warranty, Inc. out of Texas.

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Well I just learned a few things without looking at one in person, which I plan on doing in the near future. No spare, and tire wheel insurance. Things I never thought about on older cars.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis93coupe View Post
    Well I just learned a few things without looking at one in person, which I plan on doing in the near future. No spare, and tire wheel insurance. Things I never thought about on older cars.
    FWIW: Many new cars no longer come with spare tires. My Porsche, Volvo and Caddy did not.

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Didn't know that, but then haven't thought about looking for a new car until recently. I see many blowouts on the road where I live, the wheel usually gets destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis93coupe View Post
    Didn't know that, but then haven't thought about looking for a new car until recently. I see many blowouts on the road where I live, the wheel usually gets destroyed.
    I would certainly recommend looking into the tire and wheel insurance than.

Many thanks for the information Kip. I've been searching around the web and found that most of these policies run anywhere between $800 and $1,200. for a five (5) year policy. The XTS's Bridgestone tires are $147 at the tirerack; and if you figure a replacement wheel will run $500, then the insurance may be worth it, depending upon the price. Thankfully, I ordered mine with a compact spare, so I won't be stranded anywhere. Never did trust those spray-can, tire fixit, deals. I never had a problem with the 18" wheels and 45 series tires on my '10 Maxima that I'm upgrading from. You folks have given me some things to think about, but I'm still hoping to hear from other northern climate based XTS owners to see how their 20" wheels and low profile tires have fared throughout this past winter.

Many thanks for the information Kip. I've been searching around the web and found that most of these policies run anywhere between $800 and $1,200. for a five (5) year policy. The XTS's Bridgestone tires are $147 at the tirerack; and if you figure a replacement wheel will run $500, then the insurance may be worth it, depending upon the price. Thankfully, I ordered mine with a compact spare, so I won't be stranded anywhere. Never did trust those spray-can, tire fixit, deals. I never had a problem with the 18" wheels and 45 series tires on my '10 Maxima that I'm upgrading from. You folks have given me some things to think about, but I'm still hoping to hear from other northern climate based XTS owners to see how their 20" wheels and low profile tires have fared throughout this past winter.
    Most welcome @jsakabuck. Mine ran $800 for 5 years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.