Strut needs replacement already
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Strut needs replacement already in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have 13000 miles on my XTS. Last two weeks an increasing crunch sound could be heard on the cars ...
    longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Strut needs replacement already

I have 13000 miles on my XTS. Last two weeks an increasing crunch sound could be heard on the cars front driver side. In the end I could fill a shift of something in the floorboards on left turn or at a speed bump. I had taken car into a Cadillac dealer and they said nothing could be found to match my description of the problem. Well this time I went with service manager of my local Chevy/Caddy dealership. Also I insisted he drive the car, bingo he agreed immediately that something was wrong. So they took it and found the strut was bad and need to be replace. But the first one in stock had a bad plug. So waiting on a 2nd strut to be shipped in, oh and some how they blew out a tire and will have to replace one tire. I love this car but it has seen a lot of shop time, almost 20 days out 10 months. Hey I wonder can I get them to put a match set of new tires on the car instead of one? Well I knew this was possible with a first year car.
    Sent from my iPhone

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Strut needs replacement already

Quote Originally Posted by longslim View Post
    I have 13000 miles on my XTS. Last two weeks an increasing crunch sound could be heard on the cars front driver side. In the end I could fill a shift of something in the floorboards on left turn or at a speed bump. I had taken car into a Cadillac dealer and they said nothing could be found to match my description of the problem. Well this time I went with service manager of my local Chevy/Caddy dealership. Also I insisted he drive the car, bingo he agreed immediately that something was wrong. So they took it and found the strut was bad and need to be replace. But the first one in stock had a bad plug. So waiting on a 2nd strut to be shipped in, oh and some how they blew out a tire and will have to replace one tire. I love this car but it has seen a lot of shop time, almost 20 days out 10 months. Hey I wonder can I get them to put a match set of new tires on the car instead of one? Well I knew this was possible with a first year car.
    Sent from my iPhone
    Hi longslim,

I apologize for the inconveniences with your vehicle. I understand how it could be frustrating having your vehicle in the shop for an extended period of time. I am happy to hear you went to get a second opinion from another dealership and they were able to locate the issue. I hope the strut part arrives soon and your vehicle is back in your hands in no time! If there are ever additional questions or concerns you would like to discuss, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Laura a match set of tires would be a nice act of customer satisfaction don't you think . Why don't you PM me and I can give you the dealer and car info if you think it might work. Run it by your boss and let me know I hate the idea of one new tire on the car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by longslim View Post
    Laura a match set of tires would be a nice act of customer satisfaction don't you think . Why don't you PM me and I can give you the dealer and car info if you think it might work. Run it by your boss and let me know I hate the idea of one new tire on the car.
    Hello longslim,

I am more than happy to look into this for you. I am not able to guarantee anything, however I will definitely private message you and we can continue to interact that way.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

well, did you get the tires? Oh, yea, & and your car back?

Yes I did get it back today, and it does handle and ride so much better now. I wonder had this strut malfunction started long before it became noticeable? @Lizbill it was no go on a second new tire just the one,but hey I had to ask.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.