Automatic Car Wash Bad For XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By pkadanec
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Automatic Car Wash Bad For XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm now told by my dealer that Cadillac says some high pressure car washes can harm my car and they ...
    Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    I'm now told by my dealer that Cadillac says some high pressure car washes can harm my car and they don't want there cars going through them as it knocks out electronics. More info soon as my car is out of service. Now entering it's 4th day at the service department. DADDY

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Re: Automatic Car Wash Bad For XTS

The XTS may only be able to be driven in Arizona or other dry climate areas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nstar
    The XTS may only be able to be driven in Arizona or other dry climate areas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There working on my 4 page list. I must admit I used font size 14. DADDY

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Daddy.com
    I'm now told by my dealer that Cadillac says some high pressure car washes can harm my car and they don't want there cars going through them as it knocks out electronics. More info soon as my car is out of service. Now entering it's 4th day at the service department. DADDY
    Update. Cadillac says some car wash systems with high pressure washers that are closer than 30 CM or 12 inches from the surface of the vehicle , with power exceeding 1200 PSI can result in damage or removal of paint and or decals. DADDY

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

There working on my 4 page list. I must admit I used font size 14. DADDY

----------

Update. Cadillac says some car wash systems with high pressure washers that are closer than 30 CM or 12 inches from the surface of the vehicle , with power exceeding 1200 PSI can result in damage or removal of paint and or decals. DADDY
    Decals ?

Quote Originally Posted by DG2

Decals ?
    I know. I think some of what they GM says does not make sense. Parked under a tree today and sap. Must get my car had washed till GM figures out why some of my electronics gets wiped out after going through the automatic car wash. DADDY

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

OMG, seriously? I have paint issues as well, but I can tell you it is not from washing the car it is from crappy quality paint and non-existent quality control.... Next they will tell us that we can only get fuel on Tuesdays....
    J W and J W like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec
    OMG, seriously? I have paint issues as well, but I can tell you it is not from washing the car it is from crappy quality paint and non-existent quality control.... Next they will tell us that we can only get fuel on Tuesdays....
    Had it hand washed today. Knocked out my speed limit information sign again. Who knows when my adoptive cruise will not work again. DADDY

TimTown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4 Platinum

The head of the Butts service dept in Monterey doesn't know anything about this - not sure if this is a good or bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTown
    The head of the Butts service dept in Monterey doesn't know anything about this - not sure if this is a good or bad sign.
    Hope they get it this time. One should have thought they would have checked it after being washed and I'm sure not going to have a car that leeks in a low pressure wash. More concerned about it knocking out my adoptive cruise twice. DADDY

Hope they get it this time. One should have thought they would have checked it after being washed and I'm sure not going to have a car that leeks in a low pressure wash. More concerned about it knocking out my adoptive cruise twice. DADDY
    Turns out that with the heads up display water making my speed sign go away was not the problem. The owner of the car wash let myself and a Cadillac tech sit in the car as it went through the automatic car wash. All was good until the interior was cleaned. Nothing other than a damp rag is used. When wiping down the HUD it knocked off my speed limit sign function. It took about 20 minutes for it to work again. Cadillac and the dealer have no solution at this time. Still have not figured out why my adoptive cruise control gave me an not available at this time for 24 hours after going through the automatic car wash. DADDY

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.