Tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Tires in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is anyone else not happy with the Goodyear tires on their XTS? To me they seem to be noisy and ...
    ldfult is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Tires

Is anyone else not happy with the Goodyear tires on their XTS? To me they seem to be noisy and rough riding. I was not happy to see that Goodyear's replaced Michelin tires on Cadillac. I have only 400 miles on the car, but thinking of trading the Goodyear's for a set of Michelin Primacy MXM4. My dealer says to drive the car for 3-4000 miles to see if the ride becomes better. Has anyone noticed this on their new XTS?
    r34220 and webrobby like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Re: Tires

Better

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

Quote Originally Posted by ldfult View Post
    Is anyone else not happy with the Goodyear tires on their XTS? To me they seem to be noisy and rough riding. I was not happy to see that Goodyear's replaced Michelin tires on Cadillac. I have only 400 miles on the car, but thinking of trading the Goodyear's for a set of Michelin Primacy MXM4. My dealer says to drive the car for 3-4000 miles to see if the ride becomes better. Has anyone noticed this on their new XTS?
    Just in case you may down-the-line consider the Bridgestone Potenza 245X40R20X95V M+S; they are also very noisy and harsh. Of course the harshness can be attributed to the very short side walls; but as for the noise, well they are even noisier than the air conditioning fan set on LOW and, yes, with the windows up.

10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Ride harshness is one thing, noise is another. I have the Bridgestone's on my XTS and I too, think they're noisy. I had them on one of my Lexus's and replaced them with Pirelli P-Zero's. That made a world of difference. I considered doing the same with the XTS, but by the time I got to the tire dealer the car already had 1200+ miles on it and the trade-in on the Bridgestone's was a joke. As for the ride harshness, that's a characteristic of low profile tires. If I'd have been thinking when I got my car I would have asked the dealer if they would have traded my wheels and tires for those off of a standard which I believe is equipped with 245X45X19's as opposed to the 245X40x20's my Platinum has. I realize that a lot of people like the looks of 20" wheels and low profile tires, but they really take their toll on the ride. Another downside is the car wash. I've learned that some car washes can damage 20" wheels with low profile tires depending on whether the car enters the wash track from the left or right. Oh well, so much for style.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi All,

I hope you are enjoying your XTS! There is some good advice offered on this thread. If you ever have questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I had the same issues and my dealer was able to replace my tires with the Michelin Primacy's. Since I have the 20" rims there are only 2 Micheline tires that will fit that set up. This is what My set-up requires P245/40R20 95V. If you look at the Michelin site, they say that they do not have tires to replace that spec. You need to manually look for this particular set-up.What the results show is you can get either the Pilot Primacy or the Pilot Sport A/S Plus. They first tired the A/S plus but were unable to get the vehicle to accept the new tires. They could balance and align properly, but when you hit the accelerator, the car veered to the right severely. These tires are on directional tires, meaning that you can only mount one direction and only rotate front to back (and not cross rotate) that may have had something to do with the issue. What i ended up getting are the Pilot Primacy's. The reviews were pretty good (not as good as the A/S, however). These tires are GREAT! What a difference in the ride and noise. They are expensive (like $425/tire) and the life span is only rated at 30K miles. I am completely satisfied with them however. These are the same tires that BMW puts on the 7-series as standard equipment (at least that is what I am told).

TimTown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4 Platinum

But the claim is that Michelin Pilot Primacy tires don't work well on ice or snow. Too bad. I'm looking for a quiet tire as well.

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

All tires are or can be quite different. i.e. Beef, Ham, and chicken are all meat.

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

The main problem is the low profile design. The car mfg. push them for the improved gas mileage to help their ratings. Kind of selfish to sacrifice our ride for their ratings. My Bridgestone's ride as their name implies; like stones. I can feel every bump in the road.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by handymantoo
    The main problem is the low profile design. The car mfg. push them for the improved gas mileage to help their ratings. Kind of selfish to sacrifice our ride for their ratings. My Bridgestone's ride as their name implies; like stones. I can feel every bump in the road.
    I don't. I think my ride is very smooth. I have 4WD. Almost 21.5 MPG. My wife has 2013 E Class and that I feel the bumps more. DADDY

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

1. Call the tire manufacturer and give them your feedback. They will refer you to any tire dealer for verification. They will likely give you almost full credit for the price of your tires. You might even luck out if they let you buy a diff brand.

2. In selecting brands, go to tirerack.com. Click on survey (under pics of tires). You will see a colored matrix of tires and their evals--hydroplaning, light snow, med snow, heavy snow, noise level, longevity, % of customers who would re-buy that tire.

3. Then I go to Disc Tire (aka America's tire). I do not work for them.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

SilverFox, my XTS Platimum has the Bridgestone Potenza tires and I find the ride to be excellent and have not experienced unusual road noise from them. The car is very quite when driving and cruising and handles superbly. So far I have been quite happy with them.

10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I just replaced the Bridgestone Potenza's on my XTS Platinum with Pirelli P-Zero Nero's. There's a significant improvement in ride quality and a very noticeable reduction in noise. Coincidentally, my wife's 2011 LS460L came equipped with Bridgestone's and I replaced them with Pirelli's as well. Another good replacement choice are the Continental DWS's. Both the Continental's and the Pirelli's are reasonably priced replacements which will improve ride quality and reduce tire noise for those who are interested.

Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

I have a 2010 Hyundai Genesis and tried both the Michelin AS and DWS and both pulled to the right. I am test drove a XTS Premium today with the Goodyears and they are terrible. I cannot believe Cadillac is trying to compete against luxury sports sedans with crummy tires. Another tire to try on this car would be the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity.

CoffeeCan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would like to see Cadillac add Run Flat tires from the factory when the spare tire delete is on the build order. Our first flat tire was not repairable and required a tow to dealer. Now when I take long trips I will leave the tire pressure display on to monitor for maybe an early warning. Toll roads around our area allow speeds up to 85 mph, run flats would be nice to have at these speeds. Thanks...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.