Tires - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Tires in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am not impressed by the Goodyears on our XTS Lux. A bad vibration problem was finally resolved after the ...
    Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

Re: Tires

I am not impressed by the Goodyears on our XTS Lux. A bad vibration problem was finally resolved after the dealer replaced SIX (6) tires. Yes, six; two new replacement tires, in addition to all four original tires, were faulty. Putting a $125 tire on an XTS does not make sense, and reflects poorly on Cadillac.
    I wonder how many owners believe that problems created by bad tires are "normal" for Cadillac, and will never buy another!?!

freonphil is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

We just got an 2013 XTS ten days ago, I have been back three times. The first time they balanced the tires, I watched they had a heck of time.
    I owned an automotive service center for 30 years, if I had a new tire that was hard to balance I would have returned it.
    We took the car I went out on the highway at 70 miles an hour the tires vibrated terrible.
    I took the car back they swapped for wheels and tires from another car. We went out on the highway again the high speed vibration went away,
    but at low speed just took my foot off the brake,no gas the tire felt like it was a foot ball. I did some research and found out these tires
    are an $127.00 tire. I went to the dealer and asked how did GM get away installing a price tire on a car that is close to sixty thousand dollars.
    P245/45R19 RS-A2 Tire Rack $127.000
    We have 400 miles on the car, all of it has been road testing these inferior tires. I told the dealer today I do not care how they do it I want a real set of tires or I am returning this car. I would not take there crap about putting thousands of miles on there tires.

Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

Freonphil, your experience is very similar to ours. What really got me was the fact two replacement tires were faulty, as well as the four originals! We were fortunate that our dealer worked to solve the problem, finally finding four new "good" tires (still RS-A2's). It is most disturbing that GM would use a substandard tire on any vehicle, let alone a Cadillac. This is the type of poor decision making that led to the old GM's failure.
    Good luck working with your dealer. They should be able to obtain four satisfactory tires. You may want to open a case with customer assistance, and be sure to document, in detail, the matter.

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    I would say that my Bridgestone potenzas 20" are pretty loud down here in Florida but I do not have vibration issues as of 2300 miles. I would also be very interested in Michelin upgrade, I would even pay a price difference on them.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Had a '14 XTS FWD Luxury as a loaner from the dealer this weekend while my '13 SRX AWD (which has snow tires on it) is being worked on. Very comfortable car, the XTS, and I hope I don't offend anybody, but OMG those Goodyear Eagle RS-A are trash in snow. Couldn't even get up my only slightly sloped driveway in 4" of fresh snow until I parked the car and snowblowed the driveway with my lawn tractor first. My SRX snow tires are Goodyears too (Ultra Grip Ice w/wrt), so this isn't even an anti-Goodyear rant. Just really appalled at those RS-A performance in snow. Anybody here has an XTS in a winter state (I'm in Minnesota) and think it handles poorly in the snow, you're right --get new tires!

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Have to add my $.02.

Had an XTS as a loaner while my Escalade was having oil change. Very nice car except the tires. The Goodyears are HORRIBLE. There were sections of my commute where I literally couldn't hear myself think the roar from the tires was so loud. They also slapped over expansion joints, pinged over other small pavement imperfections. Haven't experienced a tire this bad since the Bridgestone Turanzas on my '08 DTS Platinum. And you would think Cadillac would've learned their lesson after the debacle with those tires. But I noticed an XTS Platinumwearing Bridgestone tires. If I purchased/leased one of these, part of the deal would be the dealer trading out the tires for Michelins.

I have to wonder if the choice of tires might be holding back sales of this car. The noise from these tires would be enough to make me definitely say NO. It really is ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE that Cadillac would use such cheap tires. Although the Bridegstones on my Escalade aren't much better.

Cadillac needs to return to Michelin across the model lineup.
    nstar and r34220 like this.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

There are noisy Michelin tires out there too. My 07 STS had Michelin tires and they were the harshest and noisiest tires I have
    ever owned. I'm pretty fussy about tire noise and don't find the Goodyears on my XTS Luxury that loud. They aren't however
    the best in the snow although I get around a heck of a lot better than those Michelins that were on the STS. They were scary!!

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    There are noisy Michelin tires out there too. My 07 STS had Michelin tires and they were the harshest and noisiest tires I have
    ever owned. I'm pretty fussy about tire noise and don't find the Goodyears on my XTS Luxury that loud. They aren't however
    the best in the snow although I get around a heck of a lot better than those Michelins that were on the STS. They were scary!!
    I'd forgotten about those. Primacy HX MXM4 if I remember correctly. Had so many other problems out of my 05 STS, GM reluctantly cancelled my lease after 6 months, I'd all but forgotten that was first negative experience with Michelin tires. Thinking back, I blamed them on the car as well. The car was THAT bad. If that car had been my first experience with Cadillac and Michelin, I'd never have another of either!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.