Tires - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Tires in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yea that is what is strange about my XTS when I purchased vehicle I drove it home it seemed a ...
    nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Re: Tires

Yea that is what is strange about my XTS when I purchased vehicle I drove it home it seemed a bit noisy parked it in garage went in house and started filing out information on ipad for onstar after entering all pertinent information onstar's important information section informed me that tire pressure on all tires where at 30 pounds and needed to have pressure brought up to recommended pressure which on door says 35pounds . So next day had pressure brought to 35 pounds and tire noise on certain road surfaces increased and as you said ride firmness changed. I guess I wonder if they where set at 30 pounds for this reason since all 4 wheels where set at 30 pounds of air for test drive before sale? After reading your post this just came to mind but seriously points to tires and maybe they know it.My vehicle XTS Luxury has 875 miles on it and tires are noisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmbrunswick View Post
    '13 XTS Luxury with 6600 miles. Yesterday I had it in for oil change and tire rotation. Now I am getting annoying tire noise and ride harshness. Nitrogen tire pressures where reset by dealer to 34 front and 37 on the rear. Any suggestions.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Friend of mine had a demo XTS4 Premium w/ 20" wheel option and Bridgestone tires. He could never get them balanced or ride correctly. GM replaced tires with Michelins and they made a WORLD of difference in the car. Quieter, smoother, better handling... that's what GM should be putting on these cars. Not a fan of the Goodyears either.

Stanman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS-4
    I have found that the tire pressure readings in the monitoring system are low by up to 4 lbs. try lowering the pressure to 35 lbs as measured by a tire gauge.

Rmbrunswick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Readjusted pressures this morning while still cold to 33#. We'll see if that makes any difference

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Rmbrunswick View Post
    '13 XTS Luxury with 6600 miles. Yesterday I had it in for oil change and tire rotation. Now I am getting annoying tire noise and ride harshness. Nitrogen tire pressures where reset by dealer to 34 front and 37 on the rear. Any suggestions.
    Hello Rmbrunswick,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this noise and harshness after your tire rotation and oil change. Have you contacted the service department that did this service and let them know about this concern? Please let me know if you would like any assistance working with them to look further into this issue. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    I drove a luxury with the 19" good years and the premium with 20" bridge stones which I ended up leasing, I couldn't tell a difference. However some nice Michelin pilots of some sort would be sweet.

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

The tire noise is the only thing I dont like about my XTS. The dealer says the tire noise is normal

statredud is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

My tire noise is not getting any better. Dealer did not help at all on this. Like another post, the tires are really loud on concrete roads. Paved roads they are fine. We have a lot of concrete roads in the Atlanta area, so the majority of the time I am listening to excessive tire noise. Really like the XTS, but the tire noise is a major problem. Our 2012 Dodge 1500 4x4 Laramie is quieter than the Cadillac.

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Yes this is problem that dealers don't seem to want to deal with. Its also is embarrassing when you have passengers in vehicle when you are on a concrete road surface at highway speed and they ask what that noise is and you say its tires. On a new 60000 dollar vehicle !
    Quote Originally Posted by statredud View Post
    My tire noise is not getting any better. Dealer did not help at all on this. Like another post, the tires are really loud on concrete roads. Paved roads they are fine. We have a lot of concrete roads in the Atlanta area, so the majority of the time I am listening to excessive tire noise. Really like the XTS, but the tire noise is a major problem. Our 2012 Dodge 1500 4x4 Laramie is quieter than the Cadillac.
    r34220 likes this.

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Thumbs down Re: Tires

Quote Originally Posted by nstar View Post
    Yes this is problem that dealers don't seem to want to deal with. Its also is embarrassing when you have passengers in vehicle when you are on a concrete road surface at highway speed and they ask what that noise is and you say its tires. On a new 60000 dollar vehicle !
    Seems General Motors Executive Office does not as well!

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

I just turned in a '14 XTS Premium with 20" Bridgestone run-flats that I had for a loaner. It had 600 miles on it when I got it, and turned it in 8 days and 230 miles later. Very nice car, and it drove much better than I expected. I was very shocked, however, at the high level of tire noise that this car possessed. It was especially notable on concrete and imperfect highways, which we have a lot of here in the metro Atlanta area, as already noted by a previous poster. My ATS Premium, with the 18" Bridgestone summer run-flats, is much quieter. My car was even quieter when it was new, and I have detected more tire noise now that my car has 6000 miles on it.

This particular car had the optional spare tire. If I had this car, I would definitely consider changing tires, probably a non-run-flat with better grip, ride, and noise. I wouldn't bother with the 20's, either, unless it was already standard, like on a Platinum.

My dealer says they are not getting complaints on the tires, which I find hard to believe! Guess I am the only one in Atlanta that is saying anything? I have had calls from Cadillac and got the same answers I get on this board and the dealer. "Sorry, we will pass this on to the people at Cadillac that handle this" Then I hear nothing. I agree with another post, spending $50+k on this car and getting the run around on the tire & navigation issue is very very very frustrating! This may be my last Cadillac now........

So has anyone had their tires replaced/upgraded to Michelins and at what cost? I really hate to spend more money on tires, but I leased this car for 3 yrs and do not want to deal with tire noise & ride issues the whole time.

330GT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS, 2014 XTS-P

Quote Originally Posted by statredud View Post
    So has anyone had their tires replaced/upgraded to Michelins and at what cost? I really hate to spend more money on tires, but I leased this car for 3 yrs and do not want to deal with tire noise & ride issues the whole time.
    I'm also interested in hearing from folks out there who have replaced/upgraded to Michelins (20") what kind of Michelins did you get and at what cost???
    Did the Cadillac dealer take care of this????

rkhoots is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same issiies with the tires. I have 3500 miles on mine and they have not gotten any better. They are the loudest on concrete.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.