Tires - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Tires in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I think that if a tire is going below a certain pressure it will come up that is happening with ...
    nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Re: Tires

I think that if a tire is going below a certain pressure it will come up that is happening with out watching tire pressure monitor.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by nstar View Post
    I think that if a tire is going below a certain pressure it will come up that is happening with out watching tire pressure monitor.
    Correct. I've had two flats, one at highway speed and one in a parking lot. The highway flat caused an alert which allowed me to exit the highway before the tire went completely flat and prevented my damaging the rim. The parking lot flat caused an alert as soon as I started the car. Believe the alerts are set to trigger when tire pressure goes below 26 lbs. or so.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    Correct. I've had two flats, one at highway speed and one in a parking lot. The highway flat caused an alert which allowed me to exit the highway before the tire went completely flat and prevented my damaging the rim. The parking lot flat caused an alert as soon as I started the car. Believe the alerts are set to trigger when tire pressure goes below 26 lbs. or so.
    I like redundancy when it comes to the tires, so I keep the screen with the four actual current tire pressures as part of my center screen all the time. I always notice the pressures when I start up and periodically check the display when cruising and or after driving through potential road hazards. The TPMS warning will of course come up on the screen and HUD whether you have the pressures showing on your screen or not, if there is an issue.

CoffeeCan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The original equipment tires for a 2013 Cadillac XTS Premium are available online for a 136.00 dollars a piece less shipping, mounting, etc...

statredud is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I have 2,100 miles on my XTS Luxury 19" Goodyears. They were quiet for the first 1,000 miles. Man, they have a lot of road noise now!!!! I have had 4 Cadillac's. A 2010 CTS, 2006 STS, 2000 DTS, and a 2008 Escalade. All the sedans had Michelins from the factory. I am hoping the dealer can work out something for me next week. Taking the car in to have the A/C checked (does not cool the cabin down without setting the temp to 69), software version check, rattle in rear suspension when hitting bumps, complain about the NAVI, and also have a clunk in the front suspension when turning the wheel all the way to the right. Really like the car a lot and hoping we can get these issues worked out quickly. Yea I know, the NAVI is not getting any more updates soon

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by statredud View Post
    I have 2,100 miles on my XTS Luxury 19" Goodyears. They were quiet for the first 1,000 miles. Man, they have a lot of road noise now!!!! I have had 4 Cadillac's. A 2010 CTS, 2006 STS, 2000 DTS, and a 2008 Escalade. All the sedans had Michelins from the factory. I am hoping the dealer can work out something for me next week. Taking the car in to have the A/C checked (does not cool the cabin down without setting the temp to 69), software version check, rattle in rear suspension when hitting bumps, complain about the NAVI, and also have a clunk in the front suspension when turning the wheel all the way to the right. Really like the car a lot and hoping we can get these issues worked out quickly. Yea I know, the NAVI is not getting any more updates soon
    Hello staredud,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your A/C, clunk in your suspension and road noise with your tires on your XTS. Please keep us updated on the results of your visit to the dealership next week. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership in regards to these concerns, please feel free to private message me. You can also reach me at socialmedia@gm.com. When you send your email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time. I will be looking for your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hey Greg,

I will let you know. Just checked on the Goodyear prices compared to Michelin MXM4. Wow! Goodyears are $150 and the Michelins are $290. Why would Cadillac put such a cheap tire on their top sedan?

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Statredud,

I'll be curious to see what the problem was that is causing the rear end rattle. I don't know if you read my post a few weeks back, but I had a rattle in the rear suspension. It turned out they had to get a GM engineer in to look at it and discovered that the rear spring mounts needed to be lubricated. My service manager was concerned it was going to be an ongoing issue with the XTS. It was the first time he had seen this. Mine was really pronounced when backing into my driveway when the wheels would make contact with the lip at the edge of my driveway approach and the street. Please let us know if your mounts needed to be lubed also. My tires by the way after 5500 mile are still as quiet as day one. I also have the Goodyear 19" Luxury model.

Cadjiek

Hey Cadjek,

That is exactly what is happening with my suspension. I will make sure to tell the service tech this. Thanks!

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek
    Statredud,

I'll be curious to see what the problem was that is causing the rear end rattle. I don't know if you read my post a few weeks back, but I had a rattle in the rear suspension. It turned out they had to get a GM engineer in to look at it and discovered that the rear spring mounts needed to be lubricated. My service manager was concerned it was going to be an ongoing issue with the XTS. It was the first time he had seen this. Mine was really pronounced when backing into my driveway when the wheels would make contact with the lip at the edge of my driveway approach and the street. Please let us know if your mounts needed to be lubed also. My tires by the way after 5500 mile are still as quiet as day one. I also have the Goodyear 19" Luxury model.

Cadjiek
    Dealer found my rear struts were leaking and they replaced both but still have the noise as listed above. Will return to the dealer this week about rear springs mount.

Quote Originally Posted by statredud View Post
    Hey Cadjek,

That is exactly what is happening with my suspension. I will make sure to tell the service tech this. Thanks!
    Hello statredud,

I will make sure I pass along your feedback regarding the tires to the correct group within our organization. I apologize that you feel that the wheels are no up to the Cadillac standard. Please keep us updated in regards to the situation after bringing up the info that Cadjiek has provided you. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfran View Post
    Dealer found my rear struts were leaking and they replaced both but still have the noise as listed above. Will return to the dealer this week about rear springs mount.
    Hello Johnfran,

I apologize that you are still experiencing the issue after the dealership replaced your rear struts. Please keep us updated in regards to your return visit as well. Feel free to private message us if you would like any assistance working with the dealership as well. Thank you very much for keeping us updated.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Any one else having excessive road noise in vehicle when traveling at 55 70 mph on concrete interstates ? Road noise is loud and changes with speed and actually hurts ears .Paved parts on road don't seem to be that way. Tires seem to be cause since it changes with road surface.

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by nstar
    Any one else having excessive road noise in vehicle when traveling at 55 70 mph on concrete interstates ? Road noise is loud and changes with speed and actually hurts ears .Paved parts on road don't seem to be that way. Tires seem to be cause since it changes with road surface.
    Same problem here. Called Onstar for directions today and They asked if I had the windows down which I did not and I was on concrete expressway.

Quote Originally Posted by nstar View Post
    Hello nstar,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this road noise in your vehicle. Have you brought this concern to the attention of your dealership’s service department? I would be more than happy to assist you in working with them to look into this issue. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss your concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rmbrunswick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

'13 XTS Luxury with 6600 miles. Yesterday I had it in for oil change and tire rotation. Now I am getting annoying tire noise and ride harshness. Nitrogen tire pressures where reset by dealer to 34 front and 37 on the rear. Any suggestions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.