Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A/C Turning Off

18K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ShanonW 
#1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but anytime I press the off button on the front cluster for the climate control it automatically turns the air conditioning off. Meaning that next time i go to turn my fan speed back up I have to go into cue's climate controls and press the A/C function "On" in cue. Would be nice if A/C was always on everytime I turned my fan speed back up.

#10 ·
hello im having similar issues as everyone else with the AC on my 07 cts , my "AC OFF" button lit up one day and the ac hasn't blown cold air ever since , i did replace the battery one time and the ac blew cold again for the rest of that day and the next day it was back to hot air again , please help !!!

#7 ·
I agree with the AUTO mode suggestion and just changing the temp. However, if I wish to use my Platinum's sunroof, I certainly do not wish to use A/C to "cool" the outside air. So, obviously I turn it off. However, if the outside air is lower than my temp setting, I certainly do not wish to "heat" the outside air either. There is nothing in the manual to show how to turn the "heater" off. Would turning the A/C off also prevent the "heater" to start. And yes, I can see someone wants some heat in the car if it is not that warm outside, but why not in that case close the sunroof? So, unless turning A/C off also turns the heater off, how does one turn the heater off? (other than reducing the temp to well below the outside temp and of course A/C off)

#8 ·
I will point out that the car is heating the outside air regardless of if the heater is on or not. Unlike the A/C, which requires power from the engine, the heat comes from waste engine heat. If it's' not heating the air inside the car, then it's using the radiator to heat the air flowing though the engine compartment. Bottom line is that it doesn't waste gas to heat the outside air, just to cool it.

If you don't want to feel the warm air blowing on you, just turn off the fan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.