Onstar
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Onstar in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone else feel that the using Onstar RemoteLink and FamilyLink are both extremely slow? Sometimes have to try multiple ...
    r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Thumbs down Onstar

Does anyone else feel that the using Onstar RemoteLink and FamilyLink are both extremely slow?
    Sometimes have to try multiple times to get the fuel and oil updated in the RemoteLink app for it to work. Sometimes it just times out. Other times it gets an error. This remote functionality was one of the main reasons I bought the XTS. And frankly am very upset at how poorly it works for a $60K car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MyersBalls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    I have experienced similar with my ATS. Don't know how new this functionality is but hopefully it will continue to improve.

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Re: Onstar

Quote Originally Posted by MyersBalls View Post
    I have experienced similar with my ATS. Don't know how new this functionality is but hopefully it will continue to improve.
    MyersBalls, I believe this has been available since 2010. There should be no excuse for this not work work reliably after 3 yrs. Onstar has been quite a disappointment for me regarding these services.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Quote Originally Posted by r34220 View Post
    MyersBalls, I believe this has been available since 2010. There should be no excuse for this not work work reliably after 3 yrs. Onstar has been quite a disappointment for me regarding these services.
    This worked well on my wife's Cruze when we bought it two years ago. In fact, it was able to let me know that I had a tire going flat before I would have noticed, and allowed me to get it fixed before I was stuck out on the hi way. I thought it was a useful feature, but yes, on occasion, it was slow and sometimes timed out. Hopefully by now, it should have been improved.

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by r34220 View Post
    Does anyone else feel that the using Onstar RemoteLink and FamilyLink are both extremely slow?
    Sometimes have to try multiple times to get the fuel and oil updated in the RemoteLink app for it to work. Sometimes it just times out. Other times it gets an error. This remote functionality was one of the main reasons I bought the XTS. And frankly am very upset at how poorly it works for a $60K car.
    r34220,

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues using the app. I'd like to help and make sure your system is communicating properly. Can you PM me additional information so I can look up your account? I hope to hear from you soon.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team[COLOR="Silver"]

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

When using remote link with my ATS, it cuts the HVAC fan off preeminently. Meaning, the engine is warm but the fan is off, not on auto or the last setting, so no preheated or air conditioned. Car. You have to tuen the car off, then on again the get the fan back on. It's useless for heating and cooling.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00
    When using remote link with my ATS, it cuts the HVAC fan off preeminently. Meaning, the engine is warm but the fan is off, not on auto or the last setting, so no preheated or air conditioned. Car. You have to tuen the car off, then on again the get the fan back on. It's useless for heating and cooling.
    Something is up then, because in my CTS it works flawlessly.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    . I thought the CUE update would correct this, but it didn't.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

Was the climate control ON before you turned the car off? It will not turn on the climate control if you had it turned off before you turned off the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.