Hands Free Audio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Hands Free Audio in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; When I am driving my '13 XTS and making a call, the people on the line sound great but all ...
    PC12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4

Hands Free Audio

When I am driving my '13 XTS and making a call, the people on the line sound great but all say I sound like my window is down and they can't here me unless I am stopped, lots of wind noise type complaint. Any one else having this issue?
    Also the fan blower speed does not lower like it did in the prior Avalanche that I owned when the phone was answered real pain?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Hands Free Audio

Quote Originally Posted by PC12 View Post
    When I am driving my '13 XTS and making a call, the people on the line sound great but all say I sound like my window is down and they can't here me unless I am stopped, lots of wind noise type complaint. Any one else having this issue?
    Also the fan blower speed does not lower like it did in the prior Avalanche that I owned when the phone was answered real pain?
    Hello PC12,

I understand you are looking for the communities help and input on this issue, but have you thought about taking it into the dealership? I can assist you throughout this process in taking it to a certified technician at the dealership if you would like. If you private message me with your contact information, VIN and current mileage I would love to provide further assistance for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

10mikeymike is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Yes, I get the same complaints from people I'm speaking to when using the hands free feature in my XTS. I've also noticed that the fan speed isn't lowered when making on a call as well.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

This seems to be a common issue, I too have this complaint from callers.

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

I wonder if the software update to CUE would fix this? We just purchased our '13 XTS on 4/30 and from what I can tell, it was updated prior to purchase with the latest software revision. The fan speed drops as expected and when I am talking to my spouse when he is driving the car, he sounds very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by dhemrick View Post
    I wonder if the software update to CUE would fix this? We just purchased our '13 XTS on 4/30 and from what I can tell, it was updated prior to purchase with the latest software revision. The fan speed drops as expected and when I am talking to my spouse when he is driving the car, he sounds very clear.
    Thank you for sharing this advice dhemrick. I am glad to hear your XTS software system is functioning correctly for you and the sound is very clear when you are on the phone.

Regards,

Laura M.

dtcoon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    So I should expect my blower speed to reduce when I push the hands free button or receive a call? My 2010 cts did this. My 13 xts does not.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

My blower speed doesn't slow down either and I have had the CUE update too.

----------

I just re-checked something. The fan slows down on an OnStar phone call but not on Bluetooth.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sub'ed for more info..

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    My blower speed doesn't slow down either and I have had the CUE update too.

----------

I just re-checked something. The fan slows down on an OnStar phone call but not on Bluetooth.
    Hello Cadjiek,

That is something interesting to come across. If you would like to discuss this concern further please private message me.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

But is the fan speed supposed to slow on a Bluetooth call or not?

PC12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4

I had a new mike installed and it is better, the blow still does not go down. It is not as clear as other GM cars and truck that I have owned in the past. The mike apparently had a new part number.

It's crazy how much this drives me nuts. I guess if my '10 CTS had not done this perfectly, I wouldn't know the difference. I certainly hope an update of some type will lower the ac blower speed automatically whenever hands free is used. Or even better, an option to customize the speed.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dtcoon
    But is the fan speed supposed to slow on a Bluetooth call or not?
    It does on my '12 CTS, I would imagine that it would be the same with the XTS.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

It does on my '12 CTS, I would imagine that it would be the same with the XTS.
    Yes, you would think. Initiating OnStar will lower the AC fan, but neither pushing the hands free button on the wheel nor accepting a Bluetooth call will change the fan speed (noise). I find myself hollering a bit to give commands or fiddling with the center sack to lower and raise the fan. I keep waiting for someone to tell me I'm missing something.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.