Future CUE / Nav Updates
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Future CUE / Nav Updates in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is anyone aware of any future CUE updates beyond the current campaigns? I had mine done about a month ago ...
    10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Future CUE / Nav Updates

Is anyone aware of any future CUE updates beyond the current campaigns? I had mine done about a month ago and while I'm satisfied with the responsiveness of the system itself, I still find the navigation system and the detail it contains disappointing. I like everything about my XTS Platinum, but I feels it's navigation to be lacking in comparison with other cars I've owned and more specifically with the navigation system in my Lexus. I've been told by owners of other GM products that the system in their cars displays more detail than my XTS. I'm hoping GM has more plans to keep updating the existing CUE system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

xlr
    xlr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Future CUE / Nav Updates

The Nav map detail is horrid. all you see is streets with no names. This is a GM problem as its the same with my new camaro. GM nav systems are the worst in the auto industry. They dont even tell you what street your on!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by xlr View Post
    The Nav map detail is horrid. all you see is streets with no names. This is a GM problem as its the same with my new camaro. GM nav systems are the worst in the auto industry. They dont even tell you what street your on!
    Hello xlr,

I am sorry you feel this way about the navigation map detail. I have documented your concerns on this issue which can be accessed by multiple departments at General Motors. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to private message me.
    Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Hello,

I agree, the map details and colors (i.e. water, parks, open spaces, golf courses) are horrible. IMHO, navigation is the heart of the CUE system. Unfortunately, it looks like the bowels. If, Laura M. at Cadillac Customer service is right and multiple departments at GM are seeing these posts, then one with decision making authority should make some positive changes to both the lack of navigation info provided and better graphics.

My TomTom 2535m (back up) beats the CUE Navigation in all respects, except having to stick it on the windshield and plug it in.

For all the hype about CUE from GM the Navigation app that I think gets used most is the least appealing of all the apps within CUE. As others have pointed out, this simply shouldn't be the case on a $60k car.

Pete

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    My 2005 Pioneer add on that I put in my 2003 EXT is better on the navigation. I still own this Cadillac as well. In addition I think the voice we all have come to love is much better on the 2005 Pioneer system. DADDY

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is there a way to not have to enter the entire address in? My 2003 Cadillac DTS would prompt you for the next letter after you typed in the start of the address. Other systems list streets after you start typing in the name.

FormerBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

It is VERY odd how bad the Cadillac NAV sydtem is in terms of map detail - given the greefield approach to the car, I don't get it. I will say that Benz is far worse for map detail, but I was in a Honda the other day and the NAV was incredible. Shouldn't be this way, Cadillac! Get your act togehter and release a software update. This should be a priority. Mind blowing that someone at GM in product marketing looked at the NAV system and said it looks good eough to put in the XTS.

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

My previous 2006 ford had better detail than the CUE. Based on what zoom level you were it showed more and more street names. It also spoke the street names along with the direction of the turn which was very helpful. Also, not displaying the road your on is quite odd.

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

So where is Caddilac's response ??

FormerBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Come on, Cadillac, you're looking REALLY bad on this one! Update the NAV software and be done with it. Total failure bringing the NAV to market looking the way it does. Suggest you update before the 2014 is released. Reminds me of the NAV on my 2001 Range Rover - but wait, even zoomed out, that had street names!

TimTown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4 Platinum

I was just told that there are (just issued) 2 recall notices for my car which I purchased 5-10 weeks ago. One is for the CUE system (unknown in nature). The other is changes the programming module for the automatic seat control.

I completely agree with 10mikeymike's comments about the Nav system. My Garmin nüvi® 2457LMT at $180 is vastly superior in database content, destination programming, and (small) display content. The Garmin system also handles soft and hard compound turns very well. What is odd about the GM system is that the voice prompts seem to be accurate and knowledgeable of the street names, but the display simply sucks. The GM's display is exceptionally poor in scaling fonts properly based on your selected view magnification. And, as mentioned, street names are missing regardless of how one changes the magnification which shouldn't be necessary given current programming technology commonly used in the industry. The secondary display of the Nav map that appears with the instrument panels is absolutely worthless. I haven't seen any street id's displayed in this info panel. WHY didn't GM just contract with Garmin??? Hopefully the engineering staff reads these complaints and will provide a software update that rewrites these display problems.

I expect more from GM in paying $70,000 for this car.

Comments GM??
    Maxplot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTown View Post
    I was just told that there are (just issued) 2 recall notices for my car which I purchased 5-10 weeks ago. One is for the CUE system (unknown in nature). The other is changes the programming module for the automatic seat control.

I completely agree with 10mikeymike's comments about the Nav system. My Garmin nüvi® 2457LMT at $180 is vastly superior in database content, destination programming, and (small) display content. The Garmin system also handles soft and hard compound turns very well. What is odd about the GM system is that the voice prompts seem to be accurate and knowledgeable of the street names, but the display simply sucks. The GM's display is exceptionally poor in scaling fonts properly based on your selected view magnification. And, as mentioned, street names are missing regardless of how one changes the magnification which shouldn't be necessary given current programming technology commonly used in the industry. The secondary display of the Nav map that appears with the instrument panels is absolutely worthless. I haven't seen any street id's displayed in this info panel. WHY didn't GM just contract with Garmin??? Hopefully the engineering staff reads these complaints and will provide a software update that rewrites these display problems.

I expect more from GM in paying $70,000 for this car.

Comments GM??
    Hello TimTown,

I understand with a vehicle of this type there are certain expectations. I am sorry the current system does not meet these expectations. I don’t have information as to why vendors were selected for this system over others. But, if you would like me to set up a time to take your vehicle in for the CUE update and programming module, I am more than happy to assist.

Regards,

Laura M.

TimTown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4 Platinum
    Yes, I would appreciate this providing that the CUE update truly updates whatever is installed. I've written a similar note of NAV disappointment to Jake Butts of Butts Cad. In Monterey where I purchased the car. The service manager had no knowledge of whether software updates were available to fix the NAV display problems.

Do you know whether the problems I and others are experiencing are being fixed by GM?

I'm scheduled for recall service next Wednesday.

Sincerely,
    Tim Townsend

Quote Originally Posted by TimTown View Post
    Yes, I would appreciate this providing that the CUE update truly updates whatever is installed. I've written a similar note of NAV disappointment to Jake Butts of Butts Cad. In Monterey where I purchased the car. The service manager had no knowledge of whether software updates were available to fix the NAV display problems.

Do you know whether the problems I and others are experiencing are being fixed by GM?

I'm scheduled for recall service next Wednesday.

Sincerely,
    Tim Townsend
    Hello Tim,

Your CUE system update is not a recall, is a software update to enhance user experience. So what will change? When you start the vehicle with CUE in navigation the system now says “loading map” instead of a spinning yellow circle, climate icon changed to snowflake, navigation icon now show the direction the vehicle is traveling, the voice control is now much faster and more pleasant, Siri works with smartphones voice control pass-through, you can now dial directly from smartphone without hitting transfer and remain on Bluetooth, the screen goes black when the Screen faceplate is raised, you can save individual Pandora stations as favorites (ex: Today’s Hits), CUE access to stored smartphone contacts increased from 999 to 3500, improved media player device detection and functionality, map database improvements.

I see you are scheduled to take your vehicle in next Wednesday. I will follow up with you the end of next week to see how your update went and to discuss additional questions or concerns. In the meantime, feel free to private message us if you would like to discuss anything else.

Laura M.

Lassc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS vSport / SRX

I have recently purchased the Luxury Edition and recently had the CUE upgrade and I am in agreement with all the CUE concerns expressed. It is difficult to believe that GM would consider installing a poor performing Navigation system in America’s Premier Luxury Vehicle. Unfortunately GM has not responded in a positive manner in this forum that there is a GM Design Management concern over the issues reported. I believe most, if not all of us, would like to hear something other than the issue has been documented so that it can be accessed by multiple departments at General Motors. We have no way of knowing if your departments are concerned or even care!!!!! I would say in this case, “Silence” is not golden!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.