Strange Thing Happened Today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Strange Thing Happened Today in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I went in the garage this morning to start the car and it turned over reallll slow. The emergency flashers ...
    Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Strange Thing Happened Today

I went in the garage this morning to start the car and it turned over reallll slow. The emergency flashers came on, the glove box opened by itself and the radio tuned to an FM station I don't listen too. I turned off the flashers and the radio and closed the the glove box. Tried again and the car started but wasn't turning over like normal. I let it run for awhile, turned it off and it started up normally. I haven't had any more problems. I know these cars can do some weird things when the battery is low. Something I'll have to keep an eye on.
    By the way, that wasn't the first time I started the car this morning. It had started normally about an hour earlier.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    A strange thing also to my XTS yesterday. Went to the automatic car was. Same one that my car has been to 10 times before. I have my HUD set to shoe speed limits as I drive. The white sign was gone. I thought I remembered when changing music showed up briefly in right lower area. My car who has adoptive cruise control would not work. Said not available. Same car that had my service cruise control from day one. End of the day, probably as car dried out my cruise works. My speed sign shows in my HUD and also check it out setting it up in my left dash gauge. Only problem no speed displays and no music info. New day will my car heal it self again? DADDY

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Strange Thing Happened Today

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    I went in the garage this morning to start the car and it turned over reallll slow. The emergency flashers came on, the glove box opened by itself and the radio tuned to an FM station I don't listen too. I turned off the flashers and the radio and closed the the glove box. Tried again and the car started but wasn't turning over like normal. I let it run for awhile, turned it off and it started up normally. I haven't had any more problems. I know these cars can do some weird things when the battery is low. Something I'll have to keep an eye on.
    By the way, that wasn't the first time I started the car this morning. It had started normally about an hour earlier.
    Hi Cadjiek,

That is a pretty strange thing to have happen to your vehicle! I am glad you said you haven't had any more problems. If this does happen again, please private message us with your concerns and issues. I am more than happy to help you out.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

FormerBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Interesting.... I have had a DEAD battery 4 times in my XTS. Have had it at the dealershi twice and they could not duplicate. Even had them come out and jump it as the battery was VERY dead. Nothing has been left on. Either I have a defective battery or there is an electrical drain somewhere. Right now it is sitting in the driveway, dead again. This is not the 5th time!!! Fortunately it has always died in my driveway. Very concerned now about taking it to an aiport and leaving it for a week or taking it out of town. Has anyone else had this problem?

wrtxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    I have not had this issue with my XTS, but I did have the exact issue with my 2008 CTS. I recommend that you have Cadillac Roadside come to start it each time so that it is fully documented. The dealer kept telling me there was no drain and that I needed to drive the car more. Finally, Even though it was less convenient, I stopped jumping it myself and would call roadside assistance each time. Once I had it fully documented, Cadillac replaced/bought back my car 4 years later and treated me very fairly in the process.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Went through the car was today. Knocked out my speed limit display again. It did start working last time a day later , but did not display. All speed limits. In addition not related to car wash my iPod no logger works. I tried all ports . Also as well Pandora verses CUE so far is needing a lot of work. DADDY

WRTXTS: Thanks, good advice. I was going to keep calling Roadside assistance, but it also gets to be a pain in the butt doing that, but yu are correct in that's what I should be doing. Did Cadillac ever figure out what the actual problem was in your CTS? Thanks.

wrtxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    FormerBenz, I'm not sure if they figured out the issue or not. They bought back the car after I raised the concern that the warranty was about to expire and these attempts to fix the car would be on my dime going forward. The repurchase only occurred I believe because in the last year of ownership, I would no longer jump the car myself. I called Cadillac every time it would not start and the paper trail documented the frequency.

Thanks again, wrtxts, I appreciate the advice!

Well today the battery is dead. Road service to come out today and jump it.

Road service came out and jumped it Sunday evening. He said he thought it was defective and that it wouldn't start on Monday morning. He was going to come out in the morning with a new one if it didn't start. It has started strong ever since he jumped it. I'll have the dealer check it out if I continue to have problems.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    Road service came out and jumped it Sunday evening. He said he thought it was defective and that it wouldn't start on Monday morning. He was going to come out in the morning with a new one if it didn't start. It has started strong ever since he jumped it. I'll have the dealer check it out if I continue to have problems.
    Hello Cadjiek,

Sorry for any troubles you went through. I see your vehicle is running appropriately ever since the jump. If there are ever any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

UGH.... I still have my dead battery issue.... Dealer replaced the battery, lasted a while, but let the car sit for a few days and battery is dead. However, I think I found a clue. At night, the illumination for the 5 buttons around CUE stay lit. They NEVER shut off. I guess this may be enough of a load to drain the battery after a few days. It goes back in on Monday....getting tired of trips to the dealership.

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I see see those lit buttons around the CUE stay lit if unlock and open the door to get something out then close the door. They do however turn off after some time not sure how long it is.

Well it happened again today. Battery completely dead. Jumped it this time and called my service dept.
    They can't look at it until Tuesday. If it happens again before Tuesday ill have road service bring a new
    Battery with them. Something is causing it to go dead just like that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.