Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Short Video of my Intellibeam / Auto High Beam Programming in Action

20K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  The Raven 
#1 ·
Many of you wanted to see the system in action so I decided to shoot a short video tonight, its a bit choppy due to being shot at night with me holding my phone and driving but you get the idea. It also shows how to turn the system on and off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPn-X-XHI_Y

#8 ·
If it works, doesn't mess anything else up and doesn't violate the warranty, this might be very popular. The absence of Auto High Beam is bemoaned by many in this forum. To have this done, a part of the has to be shipped to you and then returned? Or, we would need to drive to MI?

#10 ·
Well the updates that have come out do not affect this module so I think we are in the clear there. This would require shipping a small module to me (thats pretty easy to remove!) and loss of your lane departure/collision avoidance during that period. I'm trying to find out about sponsorship but I havent been able to figure that out yet as everything I see just would show me as a supporting member?!? Theoretically this would work on the ATS as well pending testing.

#12 ·
Correct. My guess is to have some new features to differentiate the 2014 this is very common for GM to do. I've been testing this in my car for over a month and it works great!! :)

#15 ·
How expensive are these modules? I was thinking about buying a new one, sending it to you, and then putting it in when you return it, if you decided to offer these reprogramming services. Then, if anything gets funky, I could always put the old one back in and not raise the eyebrows at the dealership. :)

#16 ·
Not cheap unfortunately. The good news is its invisible to the dealership (assuming you turn it off LOL) as all the calibration data will match stock; not my first rodeo hehe :D

#17 ·
I definitely want to be counted in when this is available. Another question. (sorry!) On page 6-3 of the XTS Owner's Manual, it states: "This feature can be turned on or off or the sensitivity can be changed in vehicle personalization. See Vehicle Personalization on page 5‑44." Does your programming enable this selection in vehicle personalization?

#19 ·
No, as far as I can tell that original calibration was for Euro/Middle east export vehicles that have a different system. Hence why you also see the rear fogs in the manual as well.

You said while
the module is out of the vehicle, the loss of lane departure/collision avoidance, which is part of the Driver Awareness Grp, would be affected. Are their additional feature loss with an XTS equipped with the Driver Assist Package?
It's obviously only temporary HOWEVER this solution is only for the cars without the Driver Assist Package currently, if someone with that package wants to beta test with me thats perfectly fine i just dont have one here myself to test with.

#25 ·
No reason; its available right now :) Problem is I cant figure out how to become a sponsor LOL It looks like you can pay to be a premium user (where I saw a reference to sponsorship) but no place there to sponsor. Anyhow the module is attached to the windshield just to the rigth of the center of the inside rear view mirror.

#26 ·
GTPprix: I have the driver assist package and would be glad to send you my module for testing. Out of curiosity, why do you need to be a sponsor in order to provide a service? How much do you charge for the programming service? Once you program the module, will the menu options appear or does something in the car have to be programmed as well? Thanks!

#31 ·
Thank you very much for the answer!!

And my apologies to you all (and to my customer who is most likely reading this thread as well) on behalf of Cadillac for this ridiculous turn if events.

Anybody got any guesses as to why in the world Cadillac would have made the decision to do this (put the option into the car and then disable it)? Is there maybe something flawed with the software or something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.