Car and Driver not a big XTS Fan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By MikeM2013XTS
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Car and Driver not a big XTS Fan in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Interesting read. Most comments were pretty favorable though. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...um-test-review...
    marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Car and Driver not a big XTS Fan

Interesting read. Most comments were pretty favorable though.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...um-test-review

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

b4z
    b4z is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Re: Car and Driver not a big XTS Fan

I drove the standard and really liked it. Maybe the smaller wheels gave it a better ride? Idk.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Pull off the crest and replace with four rings, remove the Cadillac name and replace with Audi and the press would love this car. 90+% of buyers of this car would never see a handling advantage of RWD over FWD so people need to get over that argument. I owned a RWD 300C with fantastic handling on dry roads but was a nightmare on slick pavement. Maybe these car magazines should stop testing cars in Southern California and move to Illinois/NY/MA in the winter and then start bitching about FWD.

Having said that, the argument about the drivetrain being basically a Chevy Impala is a valid one. So you're paying for styling and chache. Is that really enough to justify $20K difference? (Don't mention CUE to me. That's not a plus in my book.)

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

yeah, the car mags don't like anything that doesn't have at least 650 HP, and about 10,000 lb ft of torque! Point also well taken about traction in the winter.

FormerBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    Pull off the crest and replace with four rings, remove the Cadillac name and replace with Audi and the press would love this car.
    VERY well said!!!

MikeM2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I agree completely. Rear wheel drive is a pseudo-poser requirement in most magazine driving tests. In the real world, front wheel drive, or better yet, all wheel drive, is so much better than rear wheel drive in real life driving situations that I am constantly amazed that normal people buy that "BS". A normal driver who does not have competition racing experience cannot possibly out-drive FWD or AWD on dry roads. In wet or snow conditions it is not even debatable. I was always amazed that Cadillac was bamboozled by the automotive press into reverting to RWD IN 2005. It didn't take long to offer AWD. Unless you are buying a V Series with real horsepower, I can't see an advantage.
    CDN XTS and CDN XTS like this.

Sweetness is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    God, I feel so lucky not to have read this obnoxious review before I bought my Platinum XTS, or I may not have bought the sweetest car on the market today. Yes, there are things that could make this car better (what car doesn't have a list), but I love this car more everyday. I just hit 6000 miles this week and I think this car has everything - it's quick, quiet, smooth, great technology, music sounds wonderful, great ride, plenty of room, nice visibility, beautiful (in our eyes), but most importantly it's a ton of fun to drive!

C & D can go to hell.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

I buy a car based on my own opinion. If i bought it based on for example consumer reports: it would be a Toyota Camry. wtf? May as well buy a toaster.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

The XTS does an excellent job for the market segment it was designed for. Inherently it isn't a C/D inspirational platform, so for C/D to somewhat like it; it is a win-win review IMO.

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Car and Driver is entitled to appreciate sports cars and evaluate cars accordingly. Many of us are not looking for that kind of driving experience, so we buy cars we enjoy. But what I found annoying about the review wasn't their tastes, it was their age bias. I thought it displayed a remarkable lack of experience outside their own myopic world. I'm 57, and I'm certainly not yet a part of their derisive "anyone not eligible for social security". In fact, I bought my XTS because of the tech and driving dynamics. Furthermore, I have many 20-something friends, and each one loves this car. One 24 year old actually said he thought my choice of the XTS over a 5 Series BMW was best. And I live in an area where I've seen exactly TWO XTS's since they came out. BMW's, Mercedes, and Lexus cars abound. Lastly, everywhere I drive, people look at the car (black diamond, Platinum with the "metal" grill). I get positive remarks all the time, although C&D claims "we failed to hear a single positive remark from anyone not eligible for social security." Simply put, the reviewer is either biased or an idiot, and doesn't get out much. XTS's are what they are, and they aren't perfect. But I believe Caddy did a great job designing a product to meet a diverse market segment and yet present a modern driving experience. I've driven DTS's, and find the XTS to be a much more modern car, much closer to driving my previous '08 STS. Other reviews are much less biased. But, who am I, old as I am, and ready for retirement???

joesboat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

The people writing those articles are just people, they are influenced just like anyone else. I have given up on "I want rwd" or "I want a v8" or "I want German engineering".

I want a car to feel a certain way when I sit inside of it, feel a certain way when I hit the gas/brakes, handle as I think it should, I want the fit/finish and quality of parts to meet my standards. I don’t have brand loyalty I have loyalty to my own personal standards and this XTS really fits the bill...................FOR ME. I'm not spending close to 60,000.00 (or not for that matter) because some Joe Blow said he liked or disliked a car.

Best advice for anyone bashing this car; take one out for an hour and see how YOU feel about it.

I am in love with this car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.