Navigation Routes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Navigation Routes in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am finding the Navigation system does not give the most efficient route in many instances. Example:the route that comes ...
    donahoe285 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Navigation Routes

I am finding the Navigation system does not give the most efficient route in many instances. Example:the route that comes up from the Charlotte airport to Southport NC would have you drive 290 miles through Columbia, SC when the fastest and shortest time is actually about 225 mile going east on US 74-76. It seems to me their software defines fastest as highest speed limit and shortest as fewest miles when what I am looking for is the shortest time between point a and point b. What am I missing? Am I the only one who is experiencing this problem? (I have discussed with Pete in Cue customer service who said they would look into the problem. If I am the only one who finds it a problem, I would not expect any action to correct)

( I have discussed with Pete

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dave Buswell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe; 2013 XTS

Re: Navigation Routes

I have had a similar experience. I plugged into the NAV an address in Oak Ridge, TN about 40 miles from my location. Since Interstate 40 is the primary route between the two with only the exit and road from 40 in question, I felt confident the drive would be a walk in the park. Not so! The NAV took me via the "back way" through three little towns all connected by a constantly curving two-lane secondary (tertiary?) road that at night would be deadly. It was a long, tiring ride.

This occurred, however, before the NAV/CUE update that we're all familiar with. Whether this will improve matters is to be seen.

My car already had the latest update when I purchased it according to the people at my dealer. I have discussed with Pete at Cue Customer Service wh promised to research the problem. I started the tread think inking I would find lots of people with my experience. So far you and I are it. Thanks for the input.

karlk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

Have you tried having On Star program your route? I do it that way because for me it is the simplest, but you do talk to a real person and could reques how you want it done such as shortest, fastest, interstate only or avoid interstate etc. The ones I have talked to so far have been really nice and since it's free for the first year I figured I just as well use them

lloydsie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I agree with the nav problem issue. Cadillac needs to fix this problem. The OnStar tip may help but that's not a fix.

Robert Lloyd

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello Donahoe285,

Karklk is correct. If you have OnStar Directions & Connections, you can press the blue OnStar button in your Cadillac and ask an Advisor for the fastest route. Hope this helps!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

I have always known I can get turn by turn from ONSTAR. I prefer the visual route. In fact most of the time I turn off the voice commands. In fact if On
    Star can get it right I believe Cadillac Cue should be able to get it right in their programming. (I checked the same route on my neighbor's 5 series and their system got it right.) This is a solvable issue and I believe Cadillac will solve it hopefully in the near future.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by donahoe285 View Post
    I have always known I can get turn by turn from ONSTAR. I prefer the visual route. In fact most of the time I turn off the voice commands. In fact if On
    Star can get it right I believe Cadillac Cue should be able to get it right in their programming. (I checked the same route on my neighbor's 5 series and their system got it right.) This is a solvable issue and I believe Cadillac will solve it hopefully in the near future.
    When you ask OnStar for directions they can automatically download it directly to CUE and the route shows just as if you had put it in your self. I have used this several times and found it very convenient- especially if I was already driving.

I find it works OK in major cities. The routes That are a problem seem to be those that the destination is a small town in a more rural area or starting in that rural location. The route I gave in my opening example requires Interstates, four lane state highways and two lane state highways for the most time efficient route. Cue does not select the two lane state highway in fastest mode and does not select the the four lane state highway in ECO mode.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.