Exit Setting
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Exit Setting in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Iam still experiencing a problem when opening the door to exit the car. The exit setting stops too soon. Am ...
    Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Exit Setting

Iam still experiencing a problem when opening the door to exit the car. The exit setting stops too soon. Am I getting out of the car too quick or what? Anybody else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Re: Exit Setting

I had that problem at the beginning, and to my embarrassment, discovered it was a user error. When I was opening the door, my hand was slightly touching the buttons for the memory seats, and I didn't realize it. That stops the full activation of the memory seat setting in its tracks. Check to see if you are doing the same thing. Avoid touching the memory buttons when you open the door.

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

I had this problem and the dealer replaced the seat module or reprogrammed it AFTER the CUE upgrade, and it now works fine.

Mike
    I just got my car back yesterday. They performed the update you just described but it didn't help.

Cadjiek

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Cadjiek, this may seem elementary but have you tried re-setting the exit setting?

I think RockvilleXTS got the right answer. I watched my hand when opening the door, and I could see the side of my hand hittting the panel with the buttons. I guess when in a hurry that's what I was doing. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks guys.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Just had my CUE updated and this feature worked perfect before the update. Now seat will not go back with this feature on. Where is the check list that dealers should have to make sure all works. My dealer is one hour from my home. DADDY

Daddy

Did you try setting up your exit settings when you got home? I had to re do all the exit settings and seating settings when I got home. Another strange thing, I couldn't get the settings to register. For some reason the fob I was using before I took it in was being used as fob #1. After they did what ever to the control module the fob works as the #2. The #2 fob I had as my spare now works as #1. Weird!! Maybe that will help you from having to go back to the dealer.

Cadjiek

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek
    Daddy

Did you try setting up your exit settings when you got home? I had to re do all the exit settings and seating settings when I got home. Another strange thing, I couldn't get the settings to register. For some reason the fob I was using before I took it in was being used as fob #1. After they did what ever to the control module the fob works as the #2. The #2 fob I had as my spare now works as #1. Weird!! Maybe that will help you from having to go back to the dealer.

Cadjiek
    You are correct. Needed to program my EZ exit. Did not need to do this when the car was new. Thank you DADDY

tlanham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

If you had the new CUE update did they tell and demonstrate there is a new way the seat memory works and they are Key FOB dependent now? So after an update you have to reset all the seat memory settings for each Key FOB. You have to push and hold the SET and the position simultaneously like in so many of the older vehicles. You should also figure which KEY FOB you have because one fob is for position 1 and one fob is for position 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tlanham
    If you had the new CUE update did they tell and demonstrate there is a new way the seat memory works and they are Key FOB dependent now? So after an update you have to reset all the seat memory settings for each Key FOB. You have to push and hold the SET and the position simultaneously like in so many of the older vehicles. You should also figure which KEY FOB you have because one fob is for position 1 and one fob is for position 2.
    My dealer nothing. They are very out of the loop or to busy to read the Cadillac update. I will test that out. I Just set up my exit seat memory with button on the door. DADDY

Ever since they replaced my defective battery, this issue has gone away. Bad batteries cause all kind of funny things to happen in these high tech cars.

Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

Bad battery? FOB battery?

----------

Choosing correct FOB. So, my wife has hers and I have mine. What do we do? She complains that her seat never goes to her position when she gets back in the car.

1. Using her FOB, do I lock and unlock the door then reset her seat and EZ exit with her FOB in the car then get out and lock and unlock with hers?

2. Do the same with mine?

I had a feeling somebody would ask that question. It was the car battery that was replaced two weeks ago. Car needed to be jumped a couple of times. Bad cell.

----------

You have to program her FOB.

----------

It's all in the owners manual.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.