Post Update Observation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By RippyPartsDept
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Post Update Observation in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had my CUE update done this past Monday and as indicated in another post, I've noticed some minor improvements. ...
    10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Post Update Observation

I had my CUE update done this past Monday and as indicated in another post, I've noticed some minor improvements. I say minor mainly because I really didn't have any issues with it to before the update. One thing I've noticed is if I shut the car off with the navigation screen open when I restart the car the icons at the top of the screen and the menu bar at the bottom of the screen remain on - they do not fade away. The only way I can get them to operate normally is to touch one of the icons and then they will eventually fade away. Another thing I noticed is that on 2 occasions I had the navigation screen in 3D mode when I started the car and when I touched an icon an the top of the screen to get them to fade away the navigation screen changed to the "heading north" map view. Has anyone else noticed little things like this after the CUE update? It's not a big deal, but it didn't do it before the update and I don't think this should be happening now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Re: Post Update Observation

Got my car back today. First thing I noticed was that the scrolling is smooth and responsive now. It was terrible before. The navigation now dispalys the nearest hospital and police which it didn't before along with their phone numbers. Along with the CUE update, the following items were also handled:
    Reprogram transmission module
    Repair front seat cushion trim retention. (didn't know there was a problem)
    Repair memory seat module
    Repair Glove box to operate smoothly
    Replace the radio control assembly for unwanted volume/radio will not turn off ( didn't know I had a problem)
    Reprogram the instrument panel cluster to correct outside temperature display
    Check and repair rear headliner sag.
    Interior product trim enhancement update to correct potential rattles
    Reprogram the keyless entry control module for unwanted delay
    Rear seat headrest recall
    Change oil and filter, car wash
    Rotate tires.

I sure was glad to get my car back. I had a brand new ATS 3.6 for a rental. Too bouncy, noisy and small. (sorry ATS members). I'll be honest, the ATS wasn't any quicker than my XTS and I love my sterring a whole lot better.

----------

That should be STEERING.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

a lot of the extra campaigns are being done to prevent issues in the future (possibly)

for instance, the trim issues are not noticed by many people but enough noticed so now we have to check them all and replace any that are loose or aren't fitting correctly
    the cue update is a good time to basically get a second chance at the fit and finish quality control for a bunch of things
    RockvilleXTS and RockvilleXTS like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

The only similar thing I noticed @10mikeymike was having the map switch from 3d to heading north one time on its on so far since my CUE updates.

Sweetness is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mikeymike
    I had my CUE update done this past Monday and as indicated in another post, I've noticed some minor improvements. I say minor mainly because I really didn't have any issues with it to before the update. One thing I've noticed is if I shut the car off with the navigation screen open when I restart the car the icons at the top of the screen and the menu bar at the bottom of the screen remain on - they do not fade away. The only way I can get them to operate normally is to touch one of the icons and then they will eventually fade away. Another thing I noticed is that on 2 occasions I had the navigation screen in 3D mode when I started the car and when I touched an icon an the top of the screen to get them to fade away the navigation screen changed to the "heading north" map view. Has anyone else noticed little things like this after the CUE update? It's not a big deal, but it didn't do it before the update and I don't think this should be happening now.
    Mike, thanks for the update. I thought it was a problem with just my car. I would like to add that I can just swipe my hand over the screen (don't have to hit a icon), and in a couple of seconds the screen returns to normal. I sure feel a lot better knowing that is abnormally normal.

10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
    Mike, thanks for the update. I thought it was a problem with just my car. I would like to add that I can just swipe my hand over the screen (don't have to hit a icon), and in a couple of seconds the screen returns to normal. I sure feel a lot better knowing that is abnormally normal.
    Me too! I feel much better about it knowing that it's a normal abnormality.

Question Re: Post Update Observation

Just got back from a nice run in SilverFox (well within the speed limits, as most of it was on highways that the police are setting up 'zero tolerance' zones). Nice to see the XTS cruises in the low 70s with the tac reading below 2k. Did experience a problem however with the week-ago updated (and replaced) CUE. Twice, at about 35 minutes and again at 45 minutes the CUE screen started to go 'squiggly' (horizontally) somewhat analogous to when an old tube TV (those of us who are old enough to remember ) had its power interrupted while still on. I was in normal map/NAV mode at the time. The entire screen was impacted and it continued that way for a few minutes. I was listening to Pandora at the time, and just before it occurred it appeared to have lost the Pandora feed. My drive was about an hour each way. I continued to my location after the two incidents and there was no further problem, and the car was then shut down for about 5 hours (golf and lunch). On the return home using both HD FM and then Pandora, there were no further similar incidents. Anyone else experience something similar?

Coincidentally my guests commented on how nice the car was and how well it road, plus they liked the fact that all 4 full size golf bags, shoes, etc. fit easily in the trunk.

FormerBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

New climate control icons post CUE update. Was hoping to get an icon for SMS--I saw that in the video for the ELR on the cadillac website.

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    Just got back from a nice run in SilverFox (well within the speed limits, as most of it was on highways that the police are setting up 'zero tolerance' zones). Nice to see the XTS cruises in the low 70s with the tac reading below 2k. Did experience a problem however with the week-ago updated (and replaced) CUE. Twice, at about 35 minutes and again at 45 minutes the CUE screen started to go 'squiggly' (horizontally) somewhat analogous to when an old tube TV (those of us who are old enough to remember ) had its power interrupted while still on. I was in normal map/NAV mode at the time. The entire screen was impacted and it continued that way for a few minutes. I was listening to Pandora at the time, and just before it occurred it appeared to have lost the Pandora feed. My drive was about an hour each way. I continued to my location after the two incidents and there was no further problem, and the car was then shut down for about 5 hours (golf and lunch). On the return home using both HD FM and then Pandora, there were no further similar incidents. Anyone else experience something similar?

Coincidentally my guests commented on how nice the car was and how well it road, plus they liked the fact that all 4 full size golf bags, shoes, etc. fit easily in the trunk.
    Update: Today on two 30 to 40 minute drives I was pleased to see that the CUE screen performed properly and did not replicate the bizarre squiggly screen disruption experienced yesterday. The primary thing different (other than it was just myself in the car, and shorter trips) was that instead of hooking my Samsung GIII to the USB in the compartment behind the door below the CUE and leaving my phone in there, I connected the phone to the USB in the center arm rest. Possibly somehow there was electrical interference between my phone, Pandora and the CUE system when the phone was directly below and somewhat behind the CUE system? I hope that was it because it certainly was disconcerting to have the CUE go out for several minutes.

dbeyda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Quote Originally Posted by 10mikeymike View Post
    Each time you touch the Navigation icon on the top of the screen the heading will change. This is normal and meant to work that way per the manual. The update did not change this. You can effectively change the view as you drive without having to back to settings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.