CUE integration with Google Play
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, CUE integration with Google Play in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just took delivery of my new XTS this morning. I was able to pair my Samsung Galaxy S3 rather ...
    rfranco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

CUE integration with Google Play

I just took delivery of my new XTS this morning. I was able to pair my Samsung Galaxy S3 rather easily and my contacts are all appearing through CUE. However, my music and playlists are not showing up. I use Google Play to stream my music.

If I start playing music from my phone, it plays through the car's sound system and the current song artists and title displays. I can use the "next" button to go to the next song. But, I cannot browse my music to select what I want to listen to. Is there something else I need to do for my music and playlists to show up, or is this something it cannot do?

Also, the nice phone slot in the center console is too narrow for my Galaxy S3! Wish they had made that a little wider.

Thank you,
    Robert.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: CUE integration with Google Play

posted reply in the CUE forum thread you started
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3266932
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

@rfanco --- Welcome to the world of XTS drivers. Hope you like it as much as I do. As to your music playing problem, the CUE manual has some info on it you wish to read if not already done so. However, that info is very, very basic and CUE has quite a few "special" requirements, not to mention the indexing issue at each car start which is being looked at by the engineers. There have been lost of posts with questions and feedback as to some (hopefully interim) solutions in various posts about this, particularly as to playlists and artwork and you may wish to search for them in both the XTS and special CUE folders. I just updated today my own rather long feedback post (in the CUE section) related to the Artwork issue having undertaken further testing with different software to get artwork to show, but also mentioned related issues.
    Obviously not an easy issue to improve on this for the many different interfaces and the generated music data by so many different computer software packages, so I appreciate that the we may have to wait some time and also given the planned change, that the lack of more detailed documentation as to requirements needs to wait until the system is improved.

MAC27000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

My XTS Platinum is a month old (purchase date was Feb 21st). I had problems pairing my S3 phone from Day 1. It paired one day - the next day it paired, connected, but would not go thru the CUE audio. Also, the CUE would not take my contact list - no way, shape or form. Yesterday, I took the car in for the "recall" concerning the update of the CUE. My service department performed the update in about 3 hours and now, everything works flawlessly, including the Bluetooth transfer of my music in the S3 phone. It's all handled thru the MEDIA screen. Incidentally, my car also had a slight maladjusted camber on the front end causing a pull to the right. The service manager caught this and had the problem corrected. It sure is great to have an outstanding service team standing behind your XTS.

Bill

rfranco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    @rfanco --- Welcome to the world of XTS drivers. Hope you like it as much as I do. As to your music playing problem, the CUE manual has some info on it you wish to read if not already done so. However, that info is very, very basic and CUE has quite a few "special" requirements, not to mention the indexing issue at each car start which is being looked at by the engineers. There have been lost of posts with questions and feedback as to some (hopefully interim) solutions in various posts about this, particularly as to playlists and artwork and you may wish to search for them in both the XTS and special CUE folders. I just updated today my own rather long feedback post (in the CUE section) related to the Artwork issue having undertaken further testing with different software to get artwork to show, but also mentioned related issues.
    Obviously not an easy issue to improve on this for the many different interfaces and the generated music data by so many different computer software packages, so I appreciate that the we may have to wait some time and also given the planned change, that the lack of more detailed documentation as to requirements needs to wait until the system is improved.
    Thank you. I did check the manual, and I have read some of the posts on this forum, including the interesting artwork thread. Your comment about "indexing" could be part of the issue. I have more than 4,000 songs, perhaps I just haven't been in the car long enough for it to complete the indexing.

I was wondering if this wasn't a problem with me using Google Play (music stored in the cloud) versus having the music actually stored on the phone's memory. I will wait 'til I have more time to spend in the car to see if it works itself out. If not, I'll try the number that Chris provided (thanks, Chris!).

I appreciate the replies.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i don't think CUE will index your cloud files so that's probably not an issue (plus the system will tell you that it is still initializing when you try to use it)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MAC27000 View Post
    My XTS Platinum is a month old (purchase date was Feb 21st). I had problems pairing my S3 phone from Day 1. It paired one day - the next day it paired, connected, but would not go thru the CUE audio. Also, the CUE would not take my contact list - no way, shape or form. Yesterday, I took the car in for the "recall" concerning the update of the CUE. My service department performed the update in about 3 hours and now, everything works flawlessly, including the Bluetooth transfer of my music in the S3 phone. It's all handled thru the MEDIA screen. Incidentally, my car also had a slight maladjusted camber on the front end causing a pull to the right. The service manager caught this and had the problem corrected. It sure is great to have an outstanding service team standing behind your XTS.

Bill
    Bill,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you recently had regarding the pairing your phone with your CUE system. I am glad you were able to get it into a dealership and have them correctly diagnose and fix all your vehicle problems. The XTS is such a great vehicle to own! We are happy to hear your dealership experience was such a great one and that the service manager caught and fixed another vehicle concern. Cadillac values each customer and wants their experience with the vehicle to be an unforgettable experience. If you have any other concerns, let us know! We are here to help

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.