2013 XTS loss of heat
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 XTS loss of heat in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just had my XTS in for it's first service at 8000 miles-oil change-tire rotation.The service tech said they were ...
    droldsmobile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv srx

2013 XTS loss of heat

I just had my XTS in for it's first service at 8000 miles-oil change-tire rotation.The service tech said they were updating my Cue system....I said knock your self out.My dealer ended up keeping my car for 3 days ,when I came to pick it up there were about 8 recalls on it. I signed the paperwork and left the dealer....since these "updates" my heat has gone out 3 times-the climate control suddenly goes to MAX cooling....raising the temp as high as it goes does nothing to slow it down/switch to manual and the blower shuts down but still no warm air.Took it back to the dealer.....they said everything is OK...............................Anyone else having this problem????

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: 2013 XTS loss of heat

There have been a few cases of things going wrong during these updates ... when they tell you everything is OK you must be firm but polite in insisting that everything is not alright and that you want it fixed ... if they keep brushing you off ask to speak to the manager (nicely and calmly) ... if you already are speaking to the manager ask to speak with the general manager or the owners (again nicely and calmly)

if you can't get satisfaction there are other dealers (hopefully not too far away)
    you can also call GM and try and get them to intercede on your behalf

the key to satisfaction in these types of situations is to remain calm yet firm and not to

seems a bit silly that a customer would come in with a complaint and that they would then say:
    "Well we couldn't get it to act up in the half hour to hour that we looked at it so everything must be okay"
    that's not the Cadillac way
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: 2013 XTS loss of heat

Quote Originally Posted by droldsmobile View Post
    I just had my XTS in for it's first service at 8000 miles-oil change-tire rotation.The service tech said they were updating my Cue system....I said knock your self out.My dealer ended up keeping my car for 3 days ,when I came to pick it up there were about 8 recalls on it. I signed the paperwork and left the dealer....since these "updates" my heat has gone out 3 times-the climate control suddenly goes to MAX cooling....raising the temp as high as it goes does nothing to slow it down/switch to manual and the blower shuts down but still no warm air.Took it back to the dealer.....they said everything is OK...............................Anyone else having this problem????
    I just had my XTS in and they did seven updates (see my post under "CUE Update in XTS"). I have not had a problem similar to yours @droldsmobile, but did in fact notice that the air circulation was better post updates. I am going to take SilverFox on an extended run early this week and will see if anything unusual shows up.
    OK, took SilverFox on a couple hundred mile drive today and had no AC/Heat issues following the multiple updates as you did @droldsmobile. Unrelated I did notice that if you are on cruise control and a car comes into your lane too close in front of you, in addition to flashing the 'red crash' scene in the heads up display, it deactivates the cruise control as if you had tapped the brakes. Note, SilverFox does not have the adaptive cruise control, but does have the driver awareness package. Pretty cool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.