XTS will get a TT V6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS will get a TT V6 in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

XTS will get a TT V6

http://www.freep.com/article/2013031...gned-CTS-sedan

The article is mainly about the upcoming CTS, but the XTS is mentioned at the end.

"GM also plans to offer the twin-turbo V6 in the Cadillac XTS large sedan.

'All of the people who said xts needed a v8- well today you know why we did not do that. Twin Turbo v6 will make you smile,” GM North America President Mark Reuss tweeted.' "

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jsakabuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum and 1976 Eldorado Convertible

Re: XTS will get a TT V6

Finally, a reason to resist my temptation to buy a '13, and wait for the '14. Up until today, I was debating between the Audi A6 and the
    Cadillac XTS. I wanted the A6's drivetrain and transmission, but the Cadillac's exterior and interior design statements. Now, by waiting a few months, I'll have both in the twin turbo V-6. Thank you Cadillac.

Here's another announcement:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/18/c...-cts-w-videos/

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by jsakabuck View Post
    Finally, a reason to resist my temptation to buy a '13, and wait for the '14. Up until today, I was debating between the Audi A6 and the
    Cadillac XTS. I wanted the A6's drivetrain and transmission, but the Cadillac's exterior and interior design statements. Now, by waiting a few months, I'll have both in the twin turbo V-6. Thank you Cadillac.

Here's another announcement:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/18/c...-cts-w-videos/
    I must have missed something but the announcement at your post link is about the CTS not the XTS.

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts
    I must have missed something but the announcement at your post link is about the CTS not the XTS.
    See my original link from the Detroit Free Press. It's focused on the CTS, but the mention at the end that the XTS will also get the engine.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

No LS motor in the XLR? No V8 in the XTS? Hmmm.

That answers my question on the XTS... No V8, not for me.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

TTV6 will make the XTS feel even more premium. For a stopgap vehicle, it's good to see Cadillac making XTS as good as can be. XTS AWD TTV6 just might be the sleeper hit of 2014

I'm sure it will be fantastic for whatever target market they are aiming at. I hope you're right.

The XTS is competing with the likes of MBZ, BMW etc... Those Germans know they need to offer a variety of power options. Personally I don't buy cars that don't have a V8 (unless it's for my wife), and then I like that V8 to have gobs of low end power. As much as I like the look and feel of the XTS I don't have any interest in one with a V6, Turbo or not.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

right

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Quote Originally Posted by Avery323 View Post
    TTV6 will make the XTS feel even more premium. For a stopgap vehicle, it's good to see Cadillac making XTS as good as can be. XTS AWD TTV6 just might be the sleeper hit of 2014
    Now that that announcement has been made, who's going to buy all the non-turbos sitting around dealer lots? Especially since the difference between them and the new Impala doesn't justify the $20K premium.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

Just when i thought I would never buy another new car.....could they have out done the northstar?????

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor View Post
    Now that that announcement has been made, who's going to buy all the non-turbos sitting around dealer lots? Especially since the difference between them and the new Impala doesn't justify the $20K premium.
    They will most likely go to the fleet/limo/livery accounts..lol. I am happy to see that they are giving the XTS some more power to better compete. It still will not be enough to win over the V8 fans or anyone that dislikes the XTS but it will help Cadillac get a few more sales then they may have with just the 303HP engine choice. But at this point I think the new CTS will steal alot of sales away from the XTS. As much as I love full size cars I am willing to wait and see what the new mid size CTS looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor

First off, the TTV6 probably will debut when the CTS goes on sale late this year, and even then there is no timetable when the engine will find it's way into the XTS. That's a long time. Even then not everyone is interested in the hot engine. The fact that people are buying ATS models with the 2.5L engine proves that point.

I saw a $399 per month lease for the XTS today.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Awesome !! But now the big decision. '14 CTS TT or '14 XTS TT. Hmmm. My trip to NY Auto show will be very important

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAngel#07
    Just when i thought I would never buy another new car.....could they have out done the northstar?????
    420 hp sounds like they have outdone the Northstar.

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I know its a bit premature. Anyone have a idea of how much more the TT would add to the price of the car?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.