Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CUE Update in XTS

30K views 57 replies 17 participants last post by  Lassc 
#1 ·
I got CUE updated three days ago and after suffering 7 months with the system working at 85% capacity, I am delighted with the performance after the update.

My question is ...Has anyone that's received the update figured out how to get the SIRI eyes free feature to work?

#2 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience, Bigdogwes! I'm so pleased you're satisfied with your new CUE performance! If you would like to contact the specialized Infotainment Customer Support team (855-428-3669), their agents are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST and Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#3 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, Apple's Eyes Free feature isn't (yet?) supported, even with the CUE update. The rumors were that support would be added with the update. I've found that you can hold the button on the iPhone and activate Siri now, so that's at least a start.

This is really disappointing given the amount of attention GM has drawn to the feature being available in the Chevy Spark.

Katie: Please relay this disappointment to the engineering folks working on CUE. IntelliLink shouldn't offer technology features that CUE won't support.

#9 ·
I can certainly document your feedback where the appropriate GM teams can view it, reciprocity, and I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. If you would ever like me to document additional feedback or investigate further for you, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Sky95 & Cadjiek, it's great to see forum members assisted you this weekend regarding the CUE update. If either of you have lingering questions on that topic, please do get in touch with the Infotainment Customer Support Group at the hotline number listed in my post above (#2).

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#5 ·
It's a major software update for CUE (Cadillac User Experience), the infotainment system in the XTS. Owners are being notified that the update is freely available by visiting their dealer. They'll get a free loaner car and a gift card as an added bonus for taking the time to have the update installed. It's really improved the speed and capabilities of the system -- a lot faster and more refined. The Siri integration is just not what I'd hoped for, unfortunately.

#7 · (Edited)
Cadjiek,

The letters are going out in phases.

When I called about it, I was scheduled right away.
I had services performed:

12293 cue update
13004 front seat mounted speaker buzz
12265 automatic radio volume increase
12250 product enhancements interior trim.

This is what the letter looks like. It was provided to me as part of the 17 page doc id 3291519 when I asked for the info at my appointment.

#10 ·
Took SilverFox in unexpectedly for the CUE update. We were driving along when all of the sudden the volume started increasing on the radio by itself- all the way to max and there was no way to turn it down. And if you haven't experienced MAX on the 14 speakers several hundred watt system of the Platinum let me tell you it is painful! :shocked: Tried calling OnStar and the phone volume did the same thing. After several attempts to shut the whole CUE system off it finally shut down (it would shut down and then restart all the way up to max). At the same time the hepatic controls started thumping what seemed like the entire CUE system all the way down to the shifter. This continued after the system was shut off and after the car was shut off. Once I got home I called my dealer and he said bring it in. Even though they were quite busy he did arrange a new ATS for me as a loaner. They did seven updates (V2773 SUB 12293 CUE system update, V2719 SUB 12262 Seat Memory control module reprogram, V2745 SUB 12259 Globe Box Function, V2757 SUB 12265 Automatic Radio Volume, V2746 SUB 12250 Interior Trim and a complete CUE system replacement to cure the hepatic control issue) while SilverFox was in.

OnStar by the way called me the day after the initial incident (I had to hang up on them because the volume was so loud) to make sure that I was being taken care of. That was impressive on their part and it was the same individual with whom I had tried to talk to in the car!:hug:

When I picked up SilverFox today they also handed me a $50 Visa card for as a token of appreciation for my loyalty (and because of the update reprogramming I will need to reprogram some of my preferences into the CUE). That was a nice gesture. The dealer, Findlay Cadillac (Henderson Nevada) did an outstanding job as usual. Finally, IMHO driving the new ATS really makes me enjoy the XTS even more :cool2:

#12 ·
I am not sure @10mikeymike. I just know what they indicated they did to SilverFox while it was in. I do notice the improvements in the CUE interface both in terms of the touch sensitivity/responsiveness (much improved), more street names come up in the same area than before, no issues now with volume control, etc. Possibly related to the CUE replacement or not, but it seems like the initial AC air movement is also improved in the AUTO setting FWIW. I am sure Katie or someone else can provide us with details on what each of the seven updates involved.:cool2:

#13 ·
My dealer has had my car for two full days and now says it won't be ready until 2pm tomorrow......my
husband spoke to them today and they said "they were waiting for the radio to come in ". Are they
Actually replacing parts of the system?
I too had the issue with the radio volume going to max on it's own-several times. Thought the car was
Possessed! LOL

#14 ·
Yes @NCHoosier, in my case with SilverFox (Platinum XTS) they had to order and replace components of the CUE. It will be well worth the wait. The new improved system not only won't blast your ears off (unless you want it to) but also is much more responsive to touch and more accurate. Hope you experience the same. :cool2:

#15 ·
I'm scheduled to drop my car off on Monday for my CUE update. I asked the dealer when making the appointment if there were hardware replacements as part of the update. He told me that was determined by the VIN. Presumably, it identifies the build date and let's them know if hardware is required of if only a software update is needed. My car was built in mid January so hopefully all I will need is a software update. Personally, I'm hoping they don't have to get into the dash or center stack on my car, but I have assume those components are all modular anyway.

#17 ·
I checked my invoice on the cue upgrade and I did not see where there were any parts associated with just the cue upgrade. I did see where parts were required for the other service updates.

12250 interior trim
Replace seat track outer covers, secure cup holder, modify windshield defroster grille tabs.
1 Part number: 23123131 F cover
1 Part number: 23123126 F cover

13004 seat speaker screws and bezel
Replace driver and passenger seat speaker screws and bezels
2 Part number: 23124783 F bracket
2 Part number: 23124785 F bracket
8 Part number: 11547038 F bolt

I did find it odd that
12265 Automatic radio volume increase and/or radio control assembly buttons not operating as designed

The description states: radio control assembly replacement Ats-.4 six, xts .9
However parts were 0.00, so no parts were listed

#19 ·
Everything was NC. I was trying to address the inquiry of if hard parts were part of the cue update.
On the work done to my vehicle the only work on the center stack was the cue volume work.
In the work order, the description indicated a radio control assembly replacement but no parts were referenced. I apologize if my post was unclear or I am confused about your reply.

#20 ·
campaign 12265 is for replacing the CUE hardware (display/control aka center stack) for the volume problem
they have identified the range of VINs that might have that problem

so if that campaign was done then they replaced it
if that campaign was not done then you only got the software update

#28 ·
My car is currently at the dealer. I was told that it only required a software update, no hardware replacement. Nevertheless, they are keeping the car overnight as they just started on it in the afternoon and the dealer said the software update can take a while. Does that sound right if they're not replacing anything? Anyway, my car was built in 11/12, not 01/13 as I previously indicated in this post. They did give me a Black on Black ATS Sport with a 3.6L so that's cool! One thing I noticed, it has CUE like my XTS (and many other infotainment similarities), but it doesn't appear to have navigation. When you touch the navigation icon all you get is a compass, no map or street detail. Otherwise, it's a pretty cool and very solid "little" car which I think is a viable competitor for the BMW 3 Series.

#30 ·
Well, I had my CUE update done yesterday and to be honest, I don't notice that much of a difference. The most obvious are the new icons for the temperature control and the weather icon. As for responsiveness, I really don't find it much different; however, I didn't have a problem with it to begin with. If there's actually more street detail in the navigation / map screen there really isn't a great deal more. In fact, it's barely noticeable. They also performed the memory seat upgrade but again, I don't detect any noticeable difference. Unlike in my Vette and other GM vehicles, I don't get a beep when holding a memory button an the set button simultaneously. Instead, I have to press the set button and then one of the two memory buttons. Holding the set and a memory button simultaneously will not result in a beep. Regardless, my memory seat feature worked before and still does. As for the volume issue, I never had one and still don't. Regardless of the changes / improvements, I got to drive a new ATS 3.6L Sport, received a $50 gift card and a full tank of gas and my CUE system is up to date :)

#31 ·
Mike

Did you notice any improvement in the scrolling. That's one of my problems.. The scrolling up and down is very erratic. The memory seat settings don't always activate either.

----------

Mike

Did you notice any improvement in the scrolling? That's one of my issues. Example: Phone contact list. The up and down is very erratic.

Cadjiek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.