CUE Update in XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, CUE Update in XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I got CUE updated three days ago and after suffering 7 months with the system working at 85% capacity, I ...
    Bigdogwes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Red face CUE Update in XTS

I got CUE updated three days ago and after suffering 7 months with the system working at 85% capacity, I am delighted with the performance after the update.

My question is ...Has anyone that's received the update figured out how to get the SIRI eyes free feature to work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: CUE Update in XTS

Thanks for sharing your experience, Bigdogwes! I'm so pleased you're satisfied with your new CUE performance! If you would like to contact the specialized Infotainment Customer Support team (855-428-3669), their agents are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST and Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Unfortunately, Apple's Eyes Free feature isn't (yet?) supported, even with the CUE update. The rumors were that support would be added with the update. I've found that you can hold the button on the iPhone and activate Siri now, so that's at least a start.

This is really disappointing given the amount of attention GM has drawn to the feature being available in the Chevy Spark.

Katie: Please relay this disappointment to the engineering folks working on CUE. IntelliLink shouldn't offer technology features that CUE won't support.

sku95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogwes
    I got CUE updated three days ago and after suffering 7 months with the system working at 85% capacity, I am delighted with the performance after the update.

My question is ...Has anyone that's received the update figured out how to get the SIRI eyes free feature to work?
    What is the cue update?

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

It's a major software update for CUE (Cadillac User Experience), the infotainment system in the XTS. Owners are being notified that the update is freely available by visiting their dealer. They'll get a free loaner car and a gift card as an added bonus for taking the time to have the update installed. It's really improved the speed and capabilities of the system -- a lot faster and more refined. The Siri integration is just not what I'd hoped for, unfortunately.

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Who is notifying the owners? I haven't heard a thing from anybody except from this forum. I have had my car since Aug. 2012.

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek View Post
    Who is notifying the owners? I haven't heard a thing from anybody except from this forum. I have had my car since Aug. 2012.
    Cadjiek,

The letters are going out in phases.

When I called about it, I was scheduled right away.
    I had services performed:

12293 cue update
    13004 front seat mounted speaker buzz
    12265 automatic radio volume increase
    12250 product enhancements interior trim.

This is what the letter looks like. It was provided to me as part of the 17 page doc id 3291519 when I asked for the info at my appointment.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thanks for posting @cblove

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Unfortunately, Apple's Eyes Free feature isn't (yet?) supported, even with the CUE update. The rumors were that support would be added with the update. I've found that you can hold the button on the iPhone and activate Siri now, so that's at least a start.

This is really disappointing given the amount of attention GM has drawn to the feature being available in the Chevy Spark.

Katie: Please relay this disappointment to the engineering folks working on CUE. IntelliLink shouldn't offer technology features that CUE won't support.
    I can certainly document your feedback where the appropriate GM teams can view it, reciprocity, and I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. If you would ever like me to document additional feedback or investigate further for you, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Sky95 & Cadjiek, it's great to see forum members assisted you this weekend regarding the CUE update. If either of you have lingering questions on that topic, please do get in touch with the Infotainment Customer Support Group at the hotline number listed in my post above (#2).

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thumbs up Re: CUE Update in XTS

Took SilverFox in unexpectedly for the CUE update. We were driving along when all of the sudden the volume started increasing on the radio by itself- all the way to max and there was no way to turn it down. And if you haven't experienced MAX on the 14 speakers several hundred watt system of the Platinum let me tell you it is painful! Tried calling OnStar and the phone volume did the same thing. After several attempts to shut the whole CUE system off it finally shut down (it would shut down and then restart all the way up to max). At the same time the hepatic controls started thumping what seemed like the entire CUE system all the way down to the shifter. This continued after the system was shut off and after the car was shut off. Once I got home I called my dealer and he said bring it in. Even though they were quite busy he did arrange a new ATS for me as a loaner. They did seven updates (V2773 SUB 12293 CUE system update, V2719 SUB 12262 Seat Memory control module reprogram, V2745 SUB 12259 Globe Box Function, V2757 SUB 12265 Automatic Radio Volume, V2746 SUB 12250 Interior Trim and a complete CUE system replacement to cure the hepatic control issue) while SilverFox was in.

OnStar by the way called me the day after the initial incident (I had to hang up on them because the volume was so loud) to make sure that I was being taken care of. That was impressive on their part and it was the same individual with whom I had tried to talk to in the car!

When I picked up SilverFox today they also handed me a $50 Visa card for as a token of appreciation for my loyalty (and because of the update reprogramming I will need to reprogram some of my preferences into the CUE). That was a nice gesture. The dealer, Findlay Cadillac (Henderson Nevada) did an outstanding job as usual. Finally, IMHO driving the new ATS really makes me enjoy the XTS even more

10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

What exactly does the CUE update consist of? I thought I read in another post that it requires some disassembly of the center stack. If so, is it safe to assume it's modular unit that essentially snaps together? What are the updates/fixes to the interior trim?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mikeymike View Post
    What exactly does the CUE update consist of? I thought I read in another post that it requires some disassembly of the center stack. If so, is it safe to assume it's modular unit that essentially snaps together? What are the updates/fixes to the interior trim?
    I am not sure @10mikeymike. I just know what they indicated they did to SilverFox while it was in. I do notice the improvements in the CUE interface both in terms of the touch sensitivity/responsiveness (much improved), more street names come up in the same area than before, no issues now with volume control, etc. Possibly related to the CUE replacement or not, but it seems like the initial AC air movement is also improved in the AUTO setting FWIW. I am sure Katie or someone else can provide us with details on what each of the seven updates involved.

NCHoosier is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2007 CTS

My dealer has had my car for two full days and now says it won't be ready until 2pm tomorrow......my
    husband spoke to them today and they said "they were waiting for the radio to come in ". Are they
    Actually replacing parts of the system?
    I too had the issue with the radio volume going to max on it's own-several times. Thought the car was
    Possessed! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NCHoosier View Post
    My dealer has had my car for two full days and now says it won't be ready until 2pm tomorrow......my
    husband spoke to them today and they said "they were waiting for the radio to come in ". Are they
    Actually replacing parts of the system?
    I too had the issue with the radio volume going to max on it's own-several times. Thought the car was
    Possessed! LOL
    Yes @NCHoosier, in my case with SilverFox (Platinum XTS) they had to order and replace components of the CUE. It will be well worth the wait. The new improved system not only won't blast your ears off (unless you want it to) but also is much more responsive to touch and more accurate. Hope you experience the same.

10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I'm scheduled to drop my car off on Monday for my CUE update. I asked the dealer when making the appointment if there were hardware replacements as part of the update. He told me that was determined by the VIN. Presumably, it identifies the build date and let's them know if hardware is required of if only a software update is needed. My car was built in mid January so hopefully all I will need is a software update. Personally, I'm hoping they don't have to get into the dash or center stack on my car, but I have assume those components are all modular anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.