Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CUE Update in XTS

30K views 57 replies 17 participants last post by  Lassc 
#1 ·
I got CUE updated three days ago and after suffering 7 months with the system working at 85% capacity, I am delighted with the performance after the update.

My question is ...Has anyone that's received the update figured out how to get the SIRI eyes free feature to work?

#33 ·
Cadjiek, I tried scrolling through my contacts today and I found the system to be responsive and work smoothly. One thing I've noticed is that when touching the icons which can be arranged at the top of the screen there seems to be a slight delay before they open the feature selected. Other than that, the system seems to work well, but not in a manner that I would refer to as "remarkably" different than before the CUE update. But then again, I was satisfied with it before the update.

#37 ·
Needed to program this. Did not when car was new so thought it was a problem.. Recommended to my dealer a check list before and after the CUE update. At least get the basic settings the customer had before this up date set back to what they were before the update. Makes for a better migration experience. DADDY

----------

Caddy Daddy.com said:
Needed to program this. Did not when car was new so thought it was a problem.. Recommended to my dealer a check list before and after the CUE update. At least get the basic settings the customer had before this up date set back to what they were before the update. Makes for a better migration experience. DADDY
The Pandora dropping is still a problem. Also drops Pandora when I make a call and go back to audio. DADDY

#39 ·

----------

The Pandora dropping is still a problem. Also drops Pandora when I make a call and go back to audio. DADDY

Hello Caddy Daddy.com,

I reached out to you yesterday on this forum providing the CUE customer support center phone number. Also, did you say you had a CUE update at your local dealership recently? If so, you can discuss your Pandora issue with the service department at your dealership. They will be able to diagnose and fix your issues you are still experiencing. Have a great day rest of your night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#38 ·
the dealer is supposed to do a before and after settings check and reset

that is part of the bulletin ... if they didn't do it correctly/completely that is why you had that happen

the only thing that shouldn't be the same is that any bluetooth devices will have to be re-paired
(delete the connection from your device and start a new pairing)

everything else should have been reset back to what you had

#40 ·
Cadillac Cust Svc said:
Hello Caddy Daddy.com,

I reached out to you yesterday on this forum providing the CUE customer support center phone number. Also, did you say you had a CUE update at your local dealership recently? If so, you can discuss your Pandora issue with the service department at your dealership. They will be able to diagnose and fix your issues you are still experiencing. Have a great day rest of your night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service
Hi Laura,
I was not impressed first time I called. Yes updated at my dealer. FYI forgot to contact me when he was ready to do update. Waited almost 6 weeks from my notice from Cadillac. Don't have much faith of them figuring much out. I will wait to see if this is a CUE programming problem or just me. my dealer is along way for me and just to try and fix this is not on my important list. Thank you for getting back to me. DADDY

#46 ·
I had my XTS CUE update two weeks ago and now have more problems than I had before. My major problem is that I used to be able to pick and address from my contact list in my iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 and select it and it would enter it into the navigation system. This doesn't work anymore. I took it back to the dealer the next day and demonstrated it and they said they they would work on it and contact GM. the next day my service advisor called and how the CUE update went. I explained I was already back to the dealer the day before and I was very unhappy and explained the problem. He said he would look into and call back tomorrow. A week latter I a was still waiting for a call. It was suggested by the dealer that I make a complaint on cadillac.com, I did and received a nice letter back and was given an 800 number to call because they wanted to discuss the problem. I talked to Pete in the Infotainment group last Thursday and he said he would call me back the next day, it is a week latter and I still haven't heard back from him. I called my service advisor yesterday and told him he never called back and that another gentleman that I just talked to said to call the service advisor and open a tech case. I made the call and he said he would call back today. I'm still waiting. One of the comments I received in all this exchange was "Is this really important, that it has to be fixed"? This worked just fine before the update not now. I'm disgusted with this type of quality and the lack of response.

#47 ·
Well the dealer just called back again! Is that a response to this forum? They said delete your phone memory and delete your memory on the CUE. Da you can't do that but I went out and checked it out and there are no such capabilities, and called them back. They said that was incorrect just delete the device from both that was done just to appease them but it doesn't fix the problem Then I reminded them that we tried both of my phones on a brand new XTS in the showroom last week and it didn't work there either. No fix insight!

#52 ·
@razordog don't feel stupid I don't know how to check the actual version number, I gave you the numbers off of the work order when SilverFox was in for the upgrade. I would presume someone from Caddy could tell you how to find out the version your XTS is running or perhaps Chris (@RippyPartsDept) can answer that. :cool2:

#54 ·
Here are the software versions after the updated CUE systemSoftware
Grace note
Map

I think you have to be stopped then you go to the Home page, and settings, and vehicle and then scroll down to the bottom and it either says software or versions. That is from memory so it may be incorrect but just look for it and you will come across those menu items.

----------

Update from dealer on my CUE problem for addresses from iPhone today. "They don't know what's wrong but other users are now reporting the same problem!"

#55 ·
If picking up an xts '13 with a build date of 10/12, can I expect possible hardware/software problems with the CUE? Does the dealer wait until delivery and then customer experiences problems, brings car in, etc. Or will the dealer do the update (if necessary as per service bulletin) before the customer takes new delivery? I'm getting nervous about picking it up on Monday? Thanks

#56 ·
dealers were supposed to do the update to all their lot vehicles first before doing customer cars
if you purchased it new you can probably assume that the update was done
if it was used then maybe

best way to check is to call your dealer and ask them if there are any open campaigns or recalls on you car
they will look up your vin and punch it in the system and if it's not been done it will show up

i know there are a ton of campaigns out right now for interior trim stuff so even if your CUE update was done maybe those weren't

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.