CUE Update in XTS - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, CUE Update in XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had my XTS CUE update two weeks ago and now have more problems than I had before. My major ...
    tlanham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: CUE Update in XTS

I had my XTS CUE update two weeks ago and now have more problems than I had before. My major problem is that I used to be able to pick and address from my contact list in my iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 and select it and it would enter it into the navigation system. This doesn't work anymore. I took it back to the dealer the next day and demonstrated it and they said they they would work on it and contact GM. the next day my service advisor called and how the CUE update went. I explained I was already back to the dealer the day before and I was very unhappy and explained the problem. He said he would look into and call back tomorrow. A week latter I a was still waiting for a call. It was suggested by the dealer that I make a complaint on cadillac.com, I did and received a nice letter back and was given an 800 number to call because they wanted to discuss the problem. I talked to Pete in the Infotainment group last Thursday and he said he would call me back the next day, it is a week latter and I still haven't heard back from him. I called my service advisor yesterday and told him he never called back and that another gentleman that I just talked to said to call the service advisor and open a tech case. I made the call and he said he would call back today. I'm still waiting. One of the comments I received in all this exchange was "Is this really important, that it has to be fixed"? This worked just fine before the update not now. I'm disgusted with this type of quality and the lack of response.

Well the dealer just called back again! Is that a response to this forum? They said delete your phone memory and delete your memory on the CUE. Da you can't do that but I went out and checked it out and there are no such capabilities, and called them back. They said that was incorrect just delete the device from both that was done just to appease them but it doesn't fix the problem Then I reminded them that we tried both of my phones on a brand new XTS in the showroom last week and it didn't work there either. No fix insight!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i would talk with the CUE helpline (infotainment division) 855-4CUE-NOW
    it sounds like you already talked to them but it will probably bear a better result than your dealer
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I already talked to them! That was Pete who never called back even though he said he would call the next day.

yes, i understand that... but keep at them for a solution

maybe pete got fired because his customer service skills weren't up to par ...
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

razordog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    Welcome to the forum @razordog. Update V2773 SUB 12293-CUE System Update. What did you purchase and how about some pictures of it on the related thread (Got an XTS? Post your pics here!) on this forum?
    OK, now i feel really stupid.

how do i access ver. #

when i go through settings menu >> software info >> i see an 8 digit number (does that translate to the 9 digit format you listed above?)

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

@razordog don't feel stupid I don't know how to check the actual version number, I gave you the numbers off of the work order when SilverFox was in for the upgrade. I would presume someone from Caddy could tell you how to find out the version your XTS is running or perhaps Chris (@RippyPartsDept) can answer that.

i don't know the exact menu structure to follow but the software and nav software versions are in there somewhere

and they should match those numbers that kipsts and others who have had the update

Here are the software versions after the updated CUE systemSoftware
    Grace note
    Map

I think you have to be stopped then you go to the Home page, and settings, and vehicle and then scroll down to the bottom and it either says software or versions. That is from memory so it may be incorrect but just look for it and you will come across those menu items.

----------

Update from dealer on my CUE problem for addresses from iPhone today. "They don't know what's wrong but other users are now reporting the same problem!"

RosalieB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If picking up an xts '13 with a build date of 10/12, can I expect possible hardware/software problems with the CUE? Does the dealer wait until delivery and then customer experiences problems, brings car in, etc. Or will the dealer do the update (if necessary as per service bulletin) before the customer takes new delivery? I'm getting nervous about picking it up on Monday? Thanks

dealers were supposed to do the update to all their lot vehicles first before doing customer cars
    if you purchased it new you can probably assume that the update was done
    if it was used then maybe

best way to check is to call your dealer and ask them if there are any open campaigns or recalls on you car
    they will look up your vin and punch it in the system and if it's not been done it will show up

i know there are a ton of campaigns out right now for interior trim stuff so even if your CUE update was done maybe those weren't

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I got the full tank of gas, a wash, like I always get, a filthy 2013 CTS loaner from Enterprise, which everyone except Entereprise apologized for, BUT NO $50 Visa card. Guess I'll hafta call Gino, my service advisor and ask why.....

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    It's a major software update for CUE (Cadillac User Experience), the infotainment system in the XTS. Owners are being notified that the update is freely available by visiting their dealer. They'll get a free loaner car and a gift card as an added bonus for taking the time to have the update installed. It's really improved the speed and capabilities of the system -- a lot faster and more refined. The Siri integration is just not what I'd hoped for, unfortunately.

Lassc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS vSport / SRX

Engelman, You are lucky. I got nothing from my dealer when the CUE upgrade was accomplished except a thank you for using them!!!! I did not even get informed about the CUE Upgrade if it was not for this forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.