CUE Update in XTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, CUE Update in XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 10mikeymike: SilverFox was one of the first custom Platinum XTS delivered. I got her late July. So perhaps you will ...
    kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: CUE Update in XTS

10mikeymike: SilverFox was one of the first custom Platinum XTS delivered. I got her late July. So perhaps you will only need the software whereas I got both software and hardware. But it really is a great improvement!

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

I checked my invoice on the cue upgrade and I did not see where there were any parts associated with just the cue upgrade. I did see where parts were required for the other service updates.

12250 interior trim
    Replace seat track outer covers, secure cup holder, modify windshield defroster grille tabs.
    1 Part number: 23123131 F cover
    1 Part number: 23123126 F cover

13004 seat speaker screws and bezel
    Replace driver and passenger seat speaker screws and bezels
    2 Part number: 23124783 F bracket
    2 Part number: 23124785 F bracket
    8 Part number: 11547038 F bolt

I did find it odd that
    12265 Automatic radio volume increase and/or radio control assembly buttons not operating as designed

The description states: radio control assembly replacement Ats-.4 six, xts .9
    However parts were 0.00, so no parts were listed

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

warranty radio and clusters do not get billed to repair orders ... they get paid for on the back end by gm directly to the repair centers that do the actual radio and cluster repairs

so if you have the job line for it then it was done
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Everything was NC. I was trying to address the inquiry of if hard parts were part of the cue update.
    On the work done to my vehicle the only work on the center stack was the cue volume work.
    In the work order, the description indicated a radio control assembly replacement but no parts were referenced. I apologize if my post was unclear or I am confused about your reply.

campaign 12265 is for replacing the CUE hardware (display/control aka center stack) for the volume problem
    they have identified the range of VINs that might have that problem

so if that campaign was done then they replaced it
    if that campaign was not done then you only got the software update
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

10mikeymike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Cblove, No confusion, I understood your answer. Do you happen to know when your car was built? According to my dealer this is how the determination is made if hardware needs to be replaced.

the determination is done by GM ... GM adds the campaigns to your vehicle in the warranty system and when a dealer pulls up your VIN it shows all the campaigns and if they are open or closed

build date and VIN are correlated so technically your dealer is correct

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thanks Chris. That comports with what was done to SilverFox. The CUE was replaced and campaign 12265 is noted on my service invoice. Again, SilverFox was one of the first custom ordered Platinums produced.

Yes, i'm pretty sure that all the early CUE models are getting replaced with that 12265 campaign ... at some point whatever flaw was there was fixed and after that point vehicles won't get the 12265 campaign and just get the software update

[QUOTE=10mikeymike;3269093]Cblove, No confusion, I understood your answer. Do you happen to know when your car was built? According to my dealer this is how the determination is made if hardware needs to be replaced.[/]

08/12 is the build date and my car received the 12265 work order.

that's a pretty early build date
    i would expect it to get the new hardware

Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Mine is going in on Wednesday the 3rd. Build date is 8/12 also. I'll let you guys know what they did. I have not had any issues with the volume control on mine.

My car is currently at the dealer. I was told that it only required a software update, no hardware replacement. Nevertheless, they are keeping the car overnight as they just started on it in the afternoon and the dealer said the software update can take a while. Does that sound right if they're not replacing anything? Anyway, my car was built in 11/12, not 01/13 as I previously indicated in this post. They did give me a Black on Black ATS Sport with a 3.6L so that's cool! One thing I noticed, it has CUE like my XTS (and many other infotainment similarities), but it doesn't appear to have navigation. When you touch the navigation icon all you get is a compass, no map or street detail. Otherwise, it's a pretty cool and very solid "little" car which I think is a viable competitor for the BMW 3 Series.

yup, there are basically two versions of CUE (with and without navigation)

Well, I had my CUE update done yesterday and to be honest, I don't notice that much of a difference. The most obvious are the new icons for the temperature control and the weather icon. As for responsiveness, I really don't find it much different; however, I didn't have a problem with it to begin with. If there's actually more street detail in the navigation / map screen there really isn't a great deal more. In fact, it's barely noticeable. They also performed the memory seat upgrade but again, I don't detect any noticeable difference. Unlike in my Vette and other GM vehicles, I don't get a beep when holding a memory button an the set button simultaneously. Instead, I have to press the set button and then one of the two memory buttons. Holding the set and a memory button simultaneously will not result in a beep. Regardless, my memory seat feature worked before and still does. As for the volume issue, I never had one and still don't. Regardless of the changes / improvements, I got to drive a new ATS 3.6L Sport, received a $50 gift card and a full tank of gas and my CUE system is up to date

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.