XTS Seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Seats in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; We just bought a platinum XTS and drove it a couple hundred miles. My hips and the back of my ...
    kelly288 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

XTS Seats

We just bought a platinum XTS and drove it a couple hundred miles. My hips and the back of my thighs are sooooosore. Anyone else have a problem with the front seats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Layne87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ext

Re: XTS Seats

I test drove one yesterday and after 20 minutes, took it back. The side panels on the seat bothered me the entire time. I am 6' 4" 230, so big but not at all overweight. I so wanted this car. Maybe they will receive enough feed back and figure something out.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Do the sides pinch?
    They did for me and I'm thin.

I started some discussion here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-platinum.html

But I was mostly concerned about the side bolsters making it difficult to get in and out. I haven't tried them for a few hours.

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Try tipping the seat bottom forward slightly and playing with the adjustments until you find the "sweet spot" for you. I've found the seats on ours to be really comfortable, but haven't spent more than 3 hours on the road yet.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Kelly288, I'm sorry to hear about your frustration! If you would like me to document your feedback in detail so the proper GM teams can see it, please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

AZBLUECHIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I find the seats in my 13 premium not nearly as comfortable as my DTS. Also hate the 5 way switch

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Imagine before selling your house you try to paint the rooms a color that will appeal to every potential buyer. That must be what every car manufacture is faced with. I personally think they are fine.

slightlyserious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS FWD Premium

I'm 6'2 240.I think they feel great. My wife is 5'2 and Im not telling her weight but she loves the seats. They aren't like the caddy seats in a 75 coupe but i find them very very comfortable. Try playing around with the adjustments.

ajaques is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Luxury III

My 06 DTS Luxury III is in the shop and I have an XTS loaner/rental from the Cadillac dealer. First thing I noticed that was different is that the driver's seat seems much narrower than the one in my DTS. Like someone else mentioned, I can feel the seat pinching me. I'm 6'5" and not skinny, but I don't have that problem in the DTS. I was considering at one point trading the DTS in on an XTS Turbo, but now that I've driven an XTS, I'm going to look elsewhere. Cadillac is about to lose me as a customer. The DTS was my third Cadillac purchase and probably my last.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Drive around in a CTS-V with Recaro seats for a little while, then try your XTS seats again - you'll have a whole new appreciation for them LOL! I had an XTS loaner a couple times while my V was in for service, and thought the seats were really nice once I messed with the adjustments. However, I did find that the first XTS they gave me (which was a '13) had more comfortable seats than the second one (which was a '14) for some reason. Both cars were very low mileage (around 2-3k) and seats were not blown out at all, just different.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

My 14 xts vsport seats are the most comfortable seats (for me).

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

We were sitting in an XTS about to place an order when my wife realized the seat was hurting her. We are now experimenting with custom made cushions to fill in most of the gap between the bolsters. The length of the seat is also a problem for her.

My old Olds has the same length of seat, but the different shape of the seat there causes it not to be a problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ajaques View Post
    My 06 DTS Luxury III is in the shop and I have an XTS loaner/rental from the Cadillac dealer. First thing I noticed that was different is that the driver's seat seems much narrower than the one in my DTS. Like someone else mentioned, I can feel the seat pinching me. I'm 6'5" and not skinny, but I don't have that problem in the DTS. I was considering at one point trading the DTS in on an XTS Turbo, but now that I've driven an XTS, I'm going to look elsewhere. Cadillac is about to lose me as a customer. The DTS was my third Cadillac purchase and probably my last.
    Hello ajaques,

I am sorry to hear that you did not find the seats in the XTS comfortable. If you would like to private message me your feedback, I would be happy to document it for you and forward it to the correct team within our organization. If there is anything that I can assist you with regarding your DTS as well, please let me know.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

MarieOnCape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrapes View Post
    Imagine before selling your house you try to paint the rooms a color that will appeal to every potential buyer. That must be what every car manufacture is faced with. I personally think they are fine.
    Well, here is the thing. Cadillac didn't need to fix what wasn't broken! Cadillac has been getting the seats right for decades - though cost cutting from the '05 to '06 was apparent in the dash and seats (losing the independent bottom and backrest articulation). The problem, IMHO, is that when Cadillac had to remake a small car into a Cadillac the narrower body required narrower everything - including seats. Sure, the legroom is supposed to be there in the XTS, but the expansive feel is gone in the narrower confines in XTS. This, and the fact that Cadillac lost the seperate back-only warming feature - not to mention massage - is one of the several reasons I've resisted the urge of a new XTS. Despite all its newness it has given up on too many of the features of the DeVilles and DTS of the recent past while going smaller and increasing cost.

I own a Trans Am with adjustable side bolstering. It is very nice. I also have an '04 DTS with the comparably flat bucket seats. Vastly different seats, yet I find both comfortable. The seats in the DTS for me are both roomy, comfortable, and not at all do I feel like I am flopping around in them as you might think coming from the Trans Am. I've test driven the XTS. Not long enough to get a real sense of the seats - but they felt like generic seats to me. Like you'd find in any other mid-size GM car. Probably because they are. While the XTS is all new and has tons of features the XTS doesn't doesn't have the features I love about the DTS at a higher cost than the DTS. Even factoring in inflation.
    ajaques likes this.

jsakabuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum and 1976 Eldorado Convertible
    I am 6' 4", 175, and have been driving my XTS Platinum for 6 months. My left hip has been sore the entire time after just a few minutes in the driver's seat. I've given up mentioning it to the dealer, since the seat was designed by Cadillac. Despite loving everything about the car, the seat problems will force me out of this car a lot sooner than I had hoped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.