Difference between Premium and Platinum? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Difference between Premium and Platinum? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Engelman ...I do, however, have some concerns about the XTS. 1st, I don't understand why this car ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Difference between Premium and Platinum?

Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    ...I do, however, have some concerns about the XTS. 1st, I don't understand why this car does not have Intellibeam. Is there a reason. It was on the DTS, and was implied in the Owners Manual that it had it. They need to get this aboard ASAP. 2nd, why are there no power folding mirrors? They are available on the KIA for Christ sake, a much lower class car. EVERY Cadillac, from the XTS on, should have them, no excuses! My 3rd, and final concern, is the lack of power. The 3.6L engine without aTT, is very inadequate for this 4300lb. car. They need to get the 3.6L TT into this car ASAP.

Cadillac, and GM, NEED to understand, that in order to beat the competition, grow sales, and the brand, and, live up to the reputation of "The Standard of the World"....you must BE BETTER than the competition, not equal to it. Cadillac's target goal to beat, should not be BMW, or MB, or Lexus, but Cadillac itself. Quit trying to catch these others, but rather be a Cadillac like no other ....a Standard of the World...........

Sincerely,
    John

PS I also have 2 Corvettes. A 2009 ZO6, and 2010 ZR1...
    John, thank you for the feedback. Cadillac welcomes all feedback, so this is much appreciated, although I'm sorry you've been frustrated with certain aspects of your vehicle. Just to clarify, did you mean you thought your XTS owners manual references Intellibeam? My preliminary research unfortunately did not show any such reference, but I'm happy to keep investigating for you if you have lingering concerns.

I'm going to document your feedback so the proper GM teams can review it, and if you would like me to research anything further for you, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Forner Benz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Quote Originally Posted by Engelman View Post
    [

I do, however, have some concerns about the XTS. 1st, I don't understand why this car does not have Intellibeam. Is there a reason. It was on the DTS, and was implied in the Owners Manual that it had it. They need to get this aboard ASAP. 2nd, why are there no power folding mirrors? They are available on the KIA for Christ sake, a much lower class car. EVERY Cadillac, from the XTS on, should have them, no excuses! My 3rd, and final concern, is the lack of power. The 3.6L engine without aTT, is very inadequate for this 4300lb. car. They need to get the 3.6L TT into this car ASAP.
    [/QUOTE]

I completely agree about the folding mirrors and the intellibeam...both are clearly written in black and white in the owners manual.... the earlier software in CUE even had a setting to fold the mirrors in.... Cadillac needs to step up and retrofit cars that should have had this feature... Two very odd features to cut at the last minute, especially since as other owners have written, Cadillac has already used this technology on OLDER cars. I could see if there were some new system that couldn't get into production fast enough or get DOT approval, but this makes little to no sense. Also, I believe that if Cadillac were to step up and retrofit cars that should have this (certainly these features belong in a Platinum-level car, it would be a great story for cadillac to tell as to how they listen to the voice-of-the customer.

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Hi Katie -- The owner's manual, page 6-2, 6-3: Driving with Automatic High Beams
    The system only activates the high beams when driving over 40 km/h (25 mph). There is a sensor near the top center of the windshield that automatically controls the system. Keep this area of the windshield clear of debris to allow for best system performance. The high-beam headlamps remain on, under the automatic control, until one of the following situations occur:

The system detects an approaching vehicle's headlamps.
    The system detects a preceding vehicle's taillamps.
    The outside light is bright enough that high-beam headlamps are not required.
    The vehicle's speed drops below 20 km/h (12 mph).

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks very much, Rockville! Indeed that section is on page 6-2 of the owners manual, and I'm going to be documenting that detail as well where the appropriate GM teams can review your reactions and feedback. If anyone would like me to investigate their individual frustrations further, please do email me (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) or send me a private message anytime.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
    The seats are the most important item to me when buying a car. I usually put a 100,000 miles plus on a car and spend a lot of time in the seats. I'm 250, 5-11 and like my comfort. So I spent 2 months and 2 car shows checking out all luxury cars and sat in each one. I took 5 of them home over night to really check them out.

I found only 3 cars had comfortable seats. The Hyundai Genius, the Toyota Avalon, and the Platinum XTS. The Audi A8 has nice seats (22-way adjustable), but after an hour in them you need to get out and stretch. Some cars like BMW 650 look cool but the seat bottom is like a board. Even the 750Li is too European for me.

The Platinum seat is much better than the other XTS models. And WOW are they soft to touch. Highest quality in every way. However the side supports do pinch my butt some. But each day the seat conforms better to my butt, so at 900 miles I don't even notice it much anymore. Did I mention how great they look and feel?

Considering the seat size, softness, leg room, thigh support, adjustments, looks, and access the XTS Platinum seats are the best of all the car options we have available today. However, older models of the Deville, DTS, Park Avenue, etc had more room. But thous days are long gone.
    Thanks for the detailed reply. The Avalon is another of the car's we're looking at. I hadn't checked the Platinum seats vs. the Premium seats, but will do so when I next get a chance.

I'm currently driving a 1995 Olds 98, with nice wide seats (split bench) and gentle bolsters, just enough to keep you from sliding on the seat during turns. I still happy with that car, but it is showing it's age with assorted minor problems.

Comfort is very important, I expect to be spending a lot of time in my next car! So I want to be sure to get a car I'm going to be happy with for the next decade or so.
    karlk and karlk like this.

MikeM2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I've been driving my XTS Platinum for a month now, 700 miles. I'm 64, 5'11", 185 lbs, two back surgeries - these are some of the most comfortable seats I've ever experienced and this is my 5th Cadillac. I love this car!

That is the good news. Now the bad - how in hell can they sell a premium automobile without the Intellibeam headlights? Folding mirrors would also seem to have been an option that would be included. I just assumed both would be included, especially since the manual said so, at least the Inlellibeam. Seems like a significant omission for a $63000 vehicle. If including them cost a few hundred extra, who cares!

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

I, too, wondered about the lack of intellibeam headlights. My 08 DTS has them, along with the adaptive cruise control, so nothing new there technology-wise. There had to have been a good reason to omit them. (or the usual, save a buck mentality of car companies). Plus the fact that in reality, I rarely use them. (others may disagree).
    As to the power folding mirrors, which I also rarely use, has anyone pointed out that this car is significantly narrower than the DTS, making parking lot egress/ingress a lot less of a hassle, with less need for folders. Just a thought.
    One more point. My wife and I just returned from a couple of weeks on a road trip to Vegas and Phoenix. Did about 5900 kms (3600 miles). I did not see or notice ONE XTS along the way. Where are you guys??

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I've heard that the 2014 model of the XTS will have intellibeam headlights available. I suppose this was another thing planned that was delayed for some reason, in this case till the next model year.

Sweetness is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM2013XTS
    I've been driving my XTS Platinum for a month now, 700 miles. I'm 64, 5'11", 185 lbs, two back surgeries - these are some of the most comfortable seats I've ever experienced and this is my 5th Cadillac. I love this car!

That is the good news. Now the bad - how in hell can they sell a premium automobile without the Intellibeam headlights? Folding mirrors would also seem to have been an option that would be included. I just assumed both would be included, especially since the manual said so, at least the Inlellibeam. Seems like a significant omission for a $63000 vehicle. If including them cost a few hundred extra, who cares!
    Mike, man I am with you. I feel shafted by GM taking away items I have always had on top end Cadillacs - Intellibeam headlights, power folding mirrors and massaging seats. And it looks like I am not alone after reviewing all the comments here. Plus one other obvious item missing on a $65,000 car is a power trunk closure. That damn trunk door - I really hate there is no easy way to close it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.