Tire Inflator/Sealant Kit removed if Compact Spare Option installed?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Tire Inflator/Sealant Kit removed if Compact Spare Option installed? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just pulled the trigger on XTS Platinum on Saturday - $1,000 incentive for last week of February from GM was ...
    BluThunder84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Tire Inflator/Sealant Kit removed if Compact Spare Option installed?

Just pulled the trigger on XTS Platinum on Saturday - $1,000 incentive for last week of February from GM was just the push needed to get it done. While checking out the compact spare, I saw the compartment where the inflator kit is stored was empty (space between the spare tire and rear bumper). Is this the case? While I prefer the spare, I did not see any reference to the removal of the inflator kit with the addition of the compact spare.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Re: Tire Inflator/Sealant Kit removed if Compact Spare Option installed?

It's like other optional equip.
    If order the v-6 engine, they don't mention removing the 4 cylinder.
    You pay the cost difference + or - and get your options.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Excellent analogy. I'm still laughing.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

@BluThunder84- consider getting a product called "Safety Spair Flat Tire Repair System." I have them in all of my cars (including SilverFox). I like the simplicity of it: it has the sealant inline with the pump, so all you need to do is connect it to the tire valve and turn it on. A nice side benefit is that if you later want or need to have the tire unmounted, the sealant inside the tire is water soluble and do not screw up the TPM.

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

If you check the spare tire option box the spare will cost you $350 extra, and it will come w/o the tire inflation kit in the nice box. If you did not order the space saver spare in the begining, and end up getting it from the dealer, negotiate with them BEFORE you take delivery
    of the car. They SHOULD let you have it for $350 even though, through the parts dept it cost somewhere around $900...of course this is insane...
    .....Just make sure you get your funnel for additives to the gas, because of the capless gas door, it usually sits in a slot in the tire pump inflator tray and they take the tray....

Quote Originally Posted by BluThunder84 View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on XTS Platinum on Saturday - $1,000 incentive for last week of February from GM was just the push needed to get it done. While checking out the compact spare, I saw the compartment where the inflator kit is stored was empty (space between the spare tire and rear bumper). Is this the case? While I prefer the spare, I did not see any reference to the removal of the inflator kit with the addition of the compact spare.

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    I was stupid and did not get spare tire option in my XTS. Had a blow out with nail in fast lane 100 miles from home. Had it towed to my dealer on Sunday. Gave me a Malibu to drive. No chance for Cadillac on Sunday they said. the service department first told me my XTS did not have a spare tire option. After getting my salesman involved he shared that it was on option and yes they want about $900.00 to add it. They don,t even know where it installs on the car or they don,'that've an XTS on the lot with the spare tire. Looks like I need to look for a salvaged car. Had my cue updated at the same time and just posted the new problems I have with that. This make a good joke for my wife. That day the tow trucks A/C broke and in was 90 outside. If anyone is thinking don't get the spare this is my story. DADDY

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.