Tuning XTS for added power?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Tuning XTS for added power? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Good evening, drivers. I feel this may be old ground, but I didn't see it in the first few pages ...
    axemanblue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Tuning XTS for added power?

Good evening, drivers.

I feel this may be old ground, but I didn't see it in the first few pages of this forum so I'm posing the question.

Has anyone had experiences / success getting some additional horses in the XTS V6? I love the ride but would definitely feel better with more than the 304. I'm in the LA area, so if anyone has some SoCal tuner shops they love I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Re: Tuning XTS for added power?

My feelings exactly. The car is adequate as recieved but I think that 350-370 hp would make this "THE" sedan out there.
    Maybe a chip and exhaust system ????

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Personally I would not touch the tune. Your asking for trouble with warranty and god knows what else.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

A little knowledge is dangerous.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The 3.6 will not be easy to get power out of. You'd have to do a lot just to get to 330hp...

cardio-doc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Performance

The only 'easy' tuning one can do to this car for increasing power (and being able to feel it) is Nitrous. And I'd be surprised if anyone who buys a new XTS would seriously consider doing it. While you can safely use Nitrous on a car like an XTS so long as you use a prudent system, I can't imagine a typical XTS buyer being interested in something like that, especially given it's inherent inconveniences (activating the system, refilling the bottle, etc).

Anything else is bogus, bs, or something you won't notice. It cracks me up that in 2013, people think that there is some 'easy add-on' that GM engineers aren't clearly aware of, emission-compliance notwithstanding. Vehicle performance is lightyears ahead of what it was 20 years ago in-terms of power and efficiency. So there's nothing you can handily do to improve the performance of an XTS, though there is plenty you can do to screw it up.

axemanblue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Thanks for the replies. I hear what you all are saying in terms of possibly screwing things up one way or another. And no, nitrous is definitely not what I had in mind. (Trying to bring Fast & Furious to my life has never interested me. Drifting the Caddy? Umm, no thank you.)

I do hope that later incarnations of the car feature a more powerful engine. But thanks for the insight in any case.

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by flying fossil View Post
    My feelings exactly. The car is adequate as recieved but I think that 350-370 hp would make this "THE" sedan out there.
    Maybe a chip and exhaust system ????
    Sure that you do want this much on a FWD (or FWD biased) drivetrain?

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

My guess is we will see a tvs1320 based supercharger for these cars by the summer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.