SRX to XTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, SRX to XTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hello good readers! Has anyone had the experience of going from an SRX to XTS? I like my current SRX ...
    e004698 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4

SRX to XTS

hello good readers!
    Has anyone had the experience of going from an SRX to XTS? I like my current SRX but I must say the seat is more of sport mode than comfort mode. The other thing ofcourse would be the 3.6L as 3.0L came with my 2010. Do you favor the RWD or AWD. thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SRX to XTS

We are fortunate enough to have one of each. My wife got the 2013 SRX about 3 months ago. After 2 months of just using it on weekends I traded in my 10 year old DTS and get the XTS. They are both a pleasure to drive. I think the XTS is a little smoother ride, more like a car, which I prefer. We live in Minnesota so both cars are AWD.

e004698 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4

Thanks, neighbor! We are in WI and my wife has an 2012 Enclace AWD, definitely smoother than 2010SRX AWD.
    This is why I am thinking we don't need two SUVs. Do like the SRX a lot, though.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I traded in my 2011 SRX Premium for a 2013 XTS Premium. Also had a 2009 CTS Premium and a 2010 SRX Premium (it does seem like i get a new car every year does it not?) I will say i was most displeased with the lack of power in both SRX's (especially coming from a CTS), however I LOVE the power and improved ride of the XTS. Now, to be fair this is an apples to oranges comparison. THe SRX is a great crossover and i miss the power lift gate vs the manual trunk (I know lazy!) as well as the rear seat entertainment (which could have easily been an option on the XTS) but overall a much better ride.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    I traded in my 2011 SRX Premium for a 2013 XTS Premium. Also had a 2009 CTS Premium and a 2010 SRX Premium (it does seem like i get a new car every year does it not?) I will say i was most displeased with the lack of power in both SRX's (especially coming from a CTS), however I LOVE the power and improved ride of the XTS. Now, to be fair this is an apples to oranges comparison. THe SRX is a great crossover and i miss the power lift gate vs the manual trunk (I know lazy!) as well as the rear seat entertainment (which could have easily been an option on the XTS) but overall a much better ride.
    You should drive a '12-13 SRX every bit as powerful as an xts.

For the person who w complaining about the seats in,the srx I think the '13 seats have some improvements.but yes the xts is a nicer driving vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.