xts assembler
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, xts assembler in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hello all,ive been a member here for a while but not an active poster.i take great pride in making your ...
    phalkon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven cts-v

xts assembler

hello all,ive been a member here for a while but not an active poster.i take great pride in making your XTS's and if I can answer any questions or guide you in the right direction to find an answer,just ask!i have to add this,please don't ask about future product because I can't tell you anything along those lines,would mean my job and then I couldn't help at all any more!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Re: xts assembler

Phalkon,

Good to see you here. Great resource to Be on the forum. I am sure I will have question or two for you down the road.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member

----------

Prob with the msg I just sent; I'll try again.

Thanks for your offer. Have you heard anything -- even credible rumors -- about a TwinTurbo or HP upgrade for the XTS?

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon
    hello all,ive been a member here for a while but not an active poster.i take great pride in making your XTS's and if I can answer any questions or guide you in the right direction to find an answer,just ask!
    Great to have you on board. I'm sure that I could use your help. I have been into Cadillac's for 35+ years. Next week I will sign on as a Platinum member. Daddy

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon View Post
    hello all,ive been a member here for a while but not an active poster.i take great pride in making your XTS's and if I can answer any questions or guide you in the right direction to find an answer,just ask!
    Glad to see you here. Could have used you some time ago when I wasn't sure you guys were ever assembling my XTS Platinum which I had ordered Aug 31/12 but didn't receive it until Jan 22/13 being only some 100 km away from Oshawa. LOL.

Question: Is there a label anywhere at the car (which I love) showing the actual "built date"?

Just for your information, you may be interested in reading my "puzzling" experience the other day, which seems to have solved itself. See http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...brand-new.html

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I have a question I've asked Katie (who's been researching it for a month and a half, so I presume she's stumped). With the Driver Assist Package, does automatic braking work only in the back, or should it also work in the front in low speeds? Quote from the owner's manual: "Automatic Braking applies the brakes, even if the driver has not applied the brakes, in many imminent front-end crash situations to help reduce crash damage. It may even help avoid some crashes at very low speeds. Automatic Braking may slow the vehicle to a complete stop to try to avoid a potential crash." Automatic braking is enabled or disabled in the Auto Collision Preparation setting in Vehicle Personalization Settings. I've checked the Vehicle Personalization Settings/Auto Collision Preparation, and I have selected the "Collision and Automatic Braking" option. So I should be all set. However, the car doesn't seem to stop before running into objects in the front. (I've tried plastic cones at the dealership, and at home, plastic trash cans.) Would you know whether it's supposed to work in the front as well as the rear? (Rear works fine. Very helpful!)

This would be a very helpful feature in the front. It does work in the rear, stopping effectively before hitting an object. If it worked the same way in the front, I'd be very sure I'd never tap the front of the garage. Currently, I'm watching the alert bars and stopping with the seat buzzes me 5 times. I'm taking the car to the dealership next week for them to run diagnostics to make sure everything is working as intended (and pick up winter floor mats and trunk mat).

Other than this, I've had 0 problems with the car, and really enjoy it!!! Wanted to mention that as a counter balance to all the problems in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    Glad to see you here. Could have used you some time ago when I wasn't sure you guys were ever assembling my XTS Platinum which I had ordered Aug 31/12 but didn't receive it until Jan 22/13 being only some 100 km away from Oshawa. LOL.

Question: Is there a label anywhere at the car (which I love) showing the actual "built date"?

Just for your information, you may be interested in reading my "puzzling" experience the other day, which seems to have solved itself. See http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...brand-new.html
    Open the drivers side door and look on the door jam. You'll see the sticker with the build date.

Quote Originally Posted by cblove View Post
    Open the drivers side door and look on the door jam. You'll see the sticker with the build date.
    That's where I thought I would find it and looked the day I received the car. However, the only sticker I have on "MY" car is the "Tire and Loading Information" sticker (in English and French), which does have the VIN # on it too but nothing about the built date. There is no other sticker on my car. I verified that again to-day, even had a look around any other door/door jam. How do I find out which may also be important to have this proof when I sell the car (certainly not very soon as I love it) ?

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Is the build date coded in the vin #?

Here is the location of my sticker. Drivers side door jam. I am surprised you do not have one.

phalkon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven cts-v

good morning,sorry about the delay,i am trying to flag down the right engineer to find out.if I get a vin # I might even be able to get copies of build sheets but don't hold me to that.the vins are somewhat consecutive but no build date is in them.i did do a door opening to check but the stickers aren't on the car yet.i will take a walk at lunch time and investigate.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

dealers can pull up your Build date from your VIN... they are often in the parts catalog tied to you VIN and definitely in the "vehicle history" service app (formerly VIS) where we can pull up the build info
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

@ cblove, phalkon & Chris

Thanks guys. After seeing cblove picture - you certainly went out of your way to help - you can call my blind or stupid or both. LOL. Yes I have that one - would have found it when washing car but too cold for that, but never saw it (grey on grey), only the other one. It's bilingual and it shows 01/13 for the date which could stand for Jan/13th, or Jan/2013. Assume the latter, as the 13th was a Sunday. That would agree with the proposed "very tentative" build date for the week of Jan 7 - 11, I was given early December when I phoned GM for more info as the originally delivery date was missed and all the dealer could tell me that the Plantinum production was on hold for Canadians. So my car was not "On Hold" for weeks and weeks after being built for whatever reasons as someone else had reported. I love the car.

Thanks again guys.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

if you want the exact day you can get that from your dealer (or I can look it up for you) with your VIN

if you want me to look it up PM me with your VIN and email so i can send you the PDFs
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Glad I could help. I had a feeling you missed it due to the location and color.
    If you think that is not a user friendly place, guess where the sticker with the rpo codes is.

This is not my car but one at the dealer had the trunk components out, while I was there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.