xts assembler - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, xts assembler in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I also have a question. Why are there at least 13 recalls for the XTS? Some are just software updates, ...
    cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    I also have a question. Why are there at least 13 recalls for the XTS? Some are just software updates, but the door handle ones are just plain insane.

One last question...
    Who can I blame for the oil drain plug location? I mean right over the exhaust? Not very well thought out.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Re: xts assembler

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    if you want the exact day you can get that from your dealer (or I can look it up for you) with your VIN

if you want me to look it up PM me with your VIN and email so i can send you the PDFs
    Thanks very much for your offer. I did sent you a private message with my VIN and e-mail address

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cblove View Post
    Glad I could help. I had a feeling you missed it due to the location and color.
    If you think that is not a user friendly place, guess where the sticker with the rpo codes is.
    This is not my car but one at the dealer had the trunk components out, while I was there.
    Thanks again and WOW - I had a look in my trunk, that's certainly not that easy to get at it. Hope all dealers know the spot when they need such info.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Rarely do we need to check the SPID label ... only when there is a question if the codes that the parts catalog has associated with the VIN are correct or not

the SPID label ends up being the official and final word on how the car was built

edit: the SPID is probably most commonly checked for the paint code. (see this thread)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

Thank you for making this offer.

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomko
    Thank you for making this offer.
    By all means, block away!!

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I'm curious, based on your gut, what's the most popular ext color coming down the line? Interior color? Trim level?

Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by phalkon
    hello all,ive been a member here for a while but not an active poster.i take great pride in making your XTS's and if I can answer any questions or guide you in the right direction to find an answer,just ask!i have to add this,please don't ask about future product because I can't tell you anything along those lines,would mean my job and then I couldn't help at all any more!
    Are there factory photo's of the XTS coming down the line?
    Thank you, DADDY

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

lol hey! another Oshawa assembly worker! I work at the same plant as OP and I fit all the finnished XTS, camaro's and Regals, and by far the most popular colours are Raven black, Grey and a sandy gold colour.

MikeM2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo
    lol hey! another Oshawa assembly worker! I work at the same plant as OP and I fit all the finnished XTS, camaro's and Regals, and by far the most popular colours are Raven black, Grey and a sandy gold colour.
    I'd like to commend you and your coworkers at Oshawa Assembly. I took delivery of my Platinum XTS two weeks ago and I am very pleased at the quality, fit and finish of my car. This is my fifth Cadillac, the other four were STS models. While all of them were really nice cars, the XTS is a step up in luxury and roominess. Keep up the good work!

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM2013XTS View Post
    I'd like to commend you and your coworkers at Oshawa Assembly. I took delivery of my Platinum XTS two weeks ago and I am very pleased at the quality, fit and finish of my car. This is my fifth Cadillac, the other four were STS models. While all of them were really nice cars, the XTS is a step up in luxury and roominess. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Glad to hear it! I love the XTS, one day I was on "Car start" you know, making sure everything works after the car is build, and the XTS really is somethin else.. I sat in a raven black Platinum that was loaded! black/white interior with black suede headliner, Electric sunshades, Heated front/rear seats, A/Cseats, Heated steering wheel, LCD Cluster, Heads up, CUE!...fantastic vehicle.

The plant really does take them seriously, after production they go to a secondary building where Cadillac experts go over them with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is just PERFECT, hell, if a gap in the door panel is +- 1/2 mil it gets refit!

but anywhoo, glad you like the car! makes me feel good knowing someone enjoys something that I helped build

MikeM2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    You described the equipment on my XTS down to,the last detail. Mine may have been the car you were sitting in. Small world!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.