Future engines and powertrain options
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Future engines and powertrain options in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know if the XTS will get the new twin turbo V6 or be offered as a hybrid in ...
    studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar

Future engines and powertrain options

Does anyone know if the XTS will get the new twin turbo V6 or be offered as a hybrid in the future ? If not what power trains are currently rumored for future XTS models ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Future engines and powertrain options

The original ads for the XTS and even Caddy's site listed it as a hybrid right up until one week before the LA Auto show. Then suddenly no further mention was made of it. IMHO I can speculate that it was dropped as they were experiencing problems (as in fires) with the VOLT drivetrain and/or someone decided it would be more lucrative to do a separate mini-XTS as an hybrid, aka the ELR. Now that they have the ELR I doubt the XTS will get that as an option. Too bad, that is very much what interested me in getting the XTS originally and the only shortfall I find with SilverFox, my Platinum XTS.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

The original XTS concept had a hybrid drivetrain, but GM has since announced they are de-emphasizing hybrids in favor of Voltec. It doesn't look like they will have an eAssist mild hybrid for the 3.6, which is too bad, but there may be engineering difficulties compared with the less powerful 2.4 I4. I hate to think how much development money, time, and talent were wasted on the Two Mode hybrid transmissions, few of which were ever built or sold.

There are rumors they'll offer the 3.6 TT for the third model year or in a year and a half. It will likely debut in the new CTS in the fall of this year. Presumably, they will also put the tranverse AWD version in the 3 Lambda CUVs and maybe the next Buick LaCrosse to increase the volume.

I would rather have a V8, but apparently even China has stupid taxes based on engine displacement.

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    Quote Originally Posted by ral1960
    I would rather have a V8, but apparently even China has stupid taxes based on engine displacement.
    Well the XTS-V has been confirmed and it has an LS7 V8 !

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

2014 XTS will get front-drive-based XTS equipped with the twin-turbo V-6. Will not be available for all-wheel-drive in that car.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

TT V6 already announced for model year 2014. It will be detuned to 410hp/375 lb-ft torque

jsakabuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum and 1976 Eldorado Convertible

[/COLOR]Where is this information coming from? My dealer tells me no information has been released yet regarding availability of the TTV-6 with All wheel drive. Perhaps you are thinking about the availability issue of the 8 speed transmission. No 8 speed with All wheel drive, just the 6 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Wild View Post
    2014 XTS will get front-drive-based XTS equipped with the twin-turbo V-6. Will not be available for all-wheel-drive in that car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.